The money and the Elephant

Started by akarjl2, November 22, 2019, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on November 26, 2019, 02: PM

Second point...where in my post have I said / hinted that you have reported a post, suggested / recommended that anyone should be banned or complained to the mods that a poster needs sanction? Please show me. 

Its  public board and not a one-to-one message service. All posts are are 'general' in nature and if I forget to put the commas around 'you' then its because I am lazy. As such it was more of a shotgun post  to catch  those here (aka 'you') who  talk a lot about how they are censored but at the same time lobby to get others censored. My post is thus in the vein of Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: DRiddle on November 26, 2019, 11: AM
The bottom line is, people who voted brexit were absolutely reluctant to say why they did it.
And....?

I imagine if i'd kept tapping on the hornets nest for a bit longer some people would have eventually raised immigration as their main concern.
Are you saying your a nark just stirring things up...surely not?

You assumed i would then cry 'racist'.
Of you wouldn't, you'd tell them why they're a bit dim and if they got annoyed then you'd call them 'racist'...?

Being concerned about immigration doesn't make you a racist.
Yes, don people know that

But being unwilling to say 'I'm worried about immigration' makes me curious as to the specific concerns you have about the issue of immigration.
The only person whose pants are close to exploding over the issue of immigration is YOU!
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: DRiddle on November 26, 2019, 11: AM
QuoteOn May the 3rd the people of this town MUST wake up to the short comings of certain people seated in our council chamber. I say 'our' council chamber because it belongs to us, the people of Hartlepool, not to any one individual or any specific political party.

My suggestion is this. Vote for change, genuine change, whoever that might be. I don't care if that's Hartlepool First, Conservatives of one form or other, liberals or independents.  I'll leave that for you to decide, BUT vote for anyone, literally anyone but Labour, even if in the General election you are a Labour voter.

Open your eyes and see where a quarter of a century worth of predominantly Labour councilors has got us. Look at Baden Street, the situation with the hospital, the community interest companies that appear to being everything BUT what they purport to be, the unemployment, the crime, the high council tax, the millions and millions of pounds that are being wasted year after year.

That's an extract from literally the VERY FIRST post I made on this forum. Do i SOUND like a traditional Labour voter? I saw on day ONE (as did some others who post on here) what the end of the Drummond era would spell for Hartlepool. What 'that' Labour council with Akers-Belcher at the helm would spell for Hartlepool. I didn't play my part in trying to address that for the council to be replaced by a far right bunch of chancers.
That was an Akers Belcher Council, Labour members were weak. When they departed the Labour group had a golden opportunity to put their house in order and get their their act together. They disappointed me because they sulked. They must have thought they were being smart..... oops.
As for local politics, it's all the rage to change sides apparently so I take everything with a pinch of salt. Time will tell.
If the electorate vote for the party changers, they must approve of their work as Councillors, if not they're out on their a*#e. Sounds fair to me.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 26, 2019, 02: PM

If the electorate vote for the party changers, they must approve of their work as Councillors, if not they're out on their a*#e. Sounds fair to me.

The Sparta 'If'.

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on November 26, 2019, 01: PM
Let me put your mind at rest snowflake.

How rude.....

Kettle/Frying Pan?

Snowflake is a 2010s derogatory slang term for a person, implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions.
Snowflake (slang).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowflake_(slang)

Seems you have just described yourself....back o the net......
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: mk1 on November 26, 2019, 02: PM
Quote from: Johnny Bongo on November 26, 2019, 02: PM

Second point...where in my post have I said / hinted that you have reported a post, suggested / recommended that anyone should be banned or complained to the mods that a poster needs sanction? Please show me. 

Its  public board and not a one-to-one message service. All posts are are 'general' in nature and if I forget to put the commas around 'you' then its because I am lazy. As such it was more of a shotgun post  to catch  those here (aka 'you') who  talk a lot about how they are censored but at the same time lobby to get others censored. My post is thus in the vein of Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

There you go again!  Please explain your first sentence.  As for the bits that I've underlined,  I have never lobbied to get anyone, including you, censored.  As for a 'shotgun' post, it all depends on several things. 1) The gauge of the gun, ie, 12 bore.  2)  The load, ie, how many grams the lead shot weighs in each cartridge, 3) The chokes, ie, 1/2 or 3/4 or even full, which determines the spread of the shot.  But all of these things will not make a difference, if you can't shoot it correctly for any given quarry!  See, I can be just as irritating...but I don't have the graphs!

mk1

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on November 26, 2019, 03: PM

Please explain your first sentence.

I do not normally follow-up  individual quibbles because I recognise the tactic. However I  do not have you as down as a time-waster so will try and explain.
I am not talking to you personally but to everyone on the board. That means there will be some unavoidable collateral damage. Innocents always suffer in any conflict.
I never said you(as opposed to 'you') tried to get anyone banned. You may have thought that my firing in your direction means I was aiming at you when in fact I was aiming over your shoulder at the person trying to hide behind you.

I also know when not to reply and thus leave the final words on all things  'shotgun' to you.

mk1

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on November 26, 2019, 03: PM
See, I can be just as irritating...but I don't have the graphs!

Never underestimate the power of an image. Some things are so clear that you don't even need to  post any text with them as the meaning is obvious.
For example note the bandwidth wasted here trying to explain why what you see here (bus below) is not actually what you see. Convoluted excuses that depend on strict dictionary definitions of single words that are a complete waste of time because everyone knows it is a clear example of a blatant lie.

Inspector Knacker

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on November 26, 2019, 02: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 26, 2019, 02: PM

The Sparta 'If'.
Er, yes 'if'. If they get the bullet, I'll lose no sleep over it, that's politics.
the Sparta 'if', what's all that about? Philip invading Lakonia has little relevance but smacks of 'hey look how smart I am'.

mk1

Inspector Knacker

Oh no no another unfunny clip from the Master of mirth.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 26, 2019, 04: PM
Oh no no another unfunny clip from the Master of mirth.

To which I would reply (in the manner of the clip) 'bollocks'!

Inspector Knacker

DRiddle

dog whistle politics this whole thread really, isn't it?