The money and the Elephant

Started by akarjl2, November 22, 2019, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: DRiddle on November 26, 2019, 08: AM
QuoteHell bent on dragging us back to the winter of discontent led by a bunch of 1970s marxists.

You've read that in The Daily Mail haven't you?
AAAAAAAAGH ...NOT THE Daily Facist

Have you even read anything by Karl Marx?
Obviously you have, you probably influenced him in the initial stages of his preparation of his manifesto.

I'm not advocating Marxism by the way, but to just throw that around because you've heard it said in sections of the main stream media speaks volumes.
Just come out with it David, what your doing is going around the houses, ducking and diving but want to say VOTE LABOUR, because in your eyes the race is between two party's and you're terrified that if the Brexit Party win,  your EU dreamworld will be in pieces.

Specifically which aspects of Karl Marx's economic ideas do you feel Corbyn would implement if elected?
Here we go.... ::) What about free Tupperware for every family, Every town to have it's own lawnmower museum, free Marx Brothers films for everyone from 'Landfill DVD's' with the humour and action removed..... the list is endless and using Corblimeynomics, virtually free.
David carry's on his crusade to keep us in the EU still scouring the board for a victim he can condemn as morally deficient and in his world we all drop down in front of him are converted to remain, a sort of political baptism.... only in his world.
Just tell us you support Labour, we can laugh and you can carry on looking for someone to talk to something, anything about.......... ?......... ah, what about 'Mediaeval birthing techniques and midwifery in 12th Century Bulgaria'...? You'll have an opinion on it for sure.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 26, 2019, 11: AM
because in your eyes the race is between two party's

That  might be because it is. No one who deals with the reality would even suggest otherwise. The only real unknown is which way the Tory Remainers will vote.

you're terrified that if the Brexit Party win...................

Why would anyone be worried that UKIP Part Deux would 'win'? Only the dumbest of fruitcakes would believe that is even  a remote possibility.
No party languishing on 4% has any chance of a victory.
The dreams over. You had 6 months of Rapture with ludicrous  dreams of  a GE landslide

and now reality has arrive and bit you on the ar*se.
Enjoy your time in the wilderness.

DRiddle

QuoteOn May the 3rd the people of this town MUST wake up to the short comings of certain people seated in our council chamber. I say 'our' council chamber because it belongs to us, the people of Hartlepool, not to any one individual or any specific political party.

My suggestion is this. Vote for change, genuine change, whoever that might be. I don't care if that's Hartlepool First, Conservatives of one form or other, liberals or independents.  I'll leave that for you to decide, BUT vote for anyone, literally anyone but Labour, even if in the General election you are a Labour voter.

Open your eyes and see where a quarter of a century worth of predominantly Labour councilors has got us. Look at Baden Street, the situation with the hospital, the community interest companies that appear to being everything BUT what they purport to be, the unemployment, the crime, the high council tax, the millions and millions of pounds that are being wasted year after year.

That's an extract from literally the VERY FIRST post I made on this forum. Do i SOUND like a traditional Labour voter? I saw on day ONE (as did some others who post on here) what the end of the Drummond era would spell for Hartlepool. What 'that' Labour council with Akers-Belcher at the helm would spell for Hartlepool. I didn't play my part in trying to address that for the council to be replaced by a far right bunch of chancers.

DRiddle

The bottom line is, people who voted brexit were absolutely reluctant to say why they did it. Eventually we progress from 10p off a packet of tampons and the right to buy noisy hoovers to ............. foreign aid.

I imagine if i'd kept tapping on the hornets nest for a bit longer some people would have eventually raised immigration as their main concern.

You assumed i would then cry 'racist'.

Being concerned about immigration doesn't make you a racist.

But being unwilling to say 'I'm worried about immigration' makes me curious as to the specific concerns you have about the issue of immigration.

akarjl2

The subject of this thread was the issue of Britain handing over wads of money to countries that have enough money of their own.

As usual a few have dragged immigration/brexit/raving loonies/Hartlepool Clowncil into the mix.Suggest stopping the hand outs = mass immigration= something brexeteers want to control= racists.

None of the Party acolytes that frequent this forum have the balls to declare how their party can defend wasting so much money.

None of them are prepared to justify us handing over 13b + a year to fund nuclear weapons, space adventures and even reducing salt intake in China......complete lunacy.

Yet another argument against the current UK political system and the clowns nationally and locally who we seem to just keep electing.

I am not surprised they all ignore the Elephant in the Corner of the room being terrified as been seen as racist etc....I guess anyone with any morals or balls would not dream of standing for political office nationally or locally - the fact they do leads to a simple conclusion they are attention seekers who have massively over inflated egos.
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

akarjl2

Quote from: DRiddle on November 26, 2019, 11: AM

But being unwilling to say 'I'm worried about immigration' makes me curious as to the specific concerns you have about the issue of immigration.

Why?

Quote from: DRiddle on November 26, 2019, 11: AMThe bottom line is, people who voted brexit were absolutely reluctant to say why they did it. Eventually we progress from 10p off a packet of tampons and the right to buy noisy hoovers to ............. foreign aid.

=Only in your weird world

Why are YOU concerned about the specific concerns of members here?

You were a clownciller

https://www.hartlepool.gov.uk/councillors/name

indicates you no longer are= nobody is really interested in explain to you why they may/may not have voted to leave the EU, it serves as much purpose as explaining to a stranger in an Asda queue.

and yet again you Shanghai a thread and try and focus on separate issues......now run along to the Labour office and ask them when they will stop all overseas aid? ;)

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 26, 2019, 11: AM

None of them are prepared to justify us handing over 13b + a year to fund nuclear weapons,
Incorrect. I gave you a reason  by reminding you  (more correctly educating you because you appear not to have known) that the USA gave Billions to the UK in aid whilst the UK was developing nuclear weapons.  You reply was bad-tempered rant where you more or less said 'so effing what? The UK is special and the rules I apply to others do not apply to us'. Clearly you were stung that your argument was so completely refuted.
I then addressed your astonishment with the concept  that foreign countries should be 'paid' for helping solve the refugee crisis by imprisoning refugees on our behalf. Again your ignorance was astounding. This is exactly what the UK is currently doing with the 2 most public examples being Libya and Turkey. When your ignorance was too obvious to  deny you came up with the pathetic excuse that this was a 'EU' problem and would be solved when we leave the UK. It appears you think that because the UK has other countries in between us and the source of the refugees then as the migrants have to traverse another country then that county is entirely responsible for dealing with them. That is the position Turkey is in with the 3.5  million Syrian refugees it currently hosts. Turkey has made it clear that it did not cause the  problem and it will not be paying for it and thus has been allocated 6 billion Euros in aid of which half has already been handed over. If you think the EU will continue to pay this and allow the UK to simply walk away then you are deluded. It might interest you to know one of the Turkish conditions for the deal was visa -free travel for Turks into the EU.

Johnny Bongo

The subject of this thread was the issue of Britain handing over wads of money to countries that have enough money of their own.

As usual a few have dragged immigration/brexit/raving loonies/Hartlepool Clowncil into the mix.Suggest stopping the hand outs = mass immigration= something brexeteers want to control= racists.

None of the Party acolytes that frequent this forum have the balls to declare how their party can defend wasting so much money.

None of them are prepared to justify us handing over 13b + a year to fund nuclear weapons, space adventures and even reducing salt intake in China......complete lunacy.

Yet another argument against the current UK political system and the clowns nationally and locally who we seem to just keep electing.

I am not surprised they all ignore the Elephant in the Corner of the room being terrified as been seen as racist etc....I guess anyone with any morals or balls would not dream of standing for political office nationally or locally - the fact they do leads to a simple conclusion they are attention seekers who have massively over inflated egos.

Well said, akarjl2.   

''But being unwilling to say 'I'm worried about immigration' makes me curious as to the specific concerns you have about the issue of immigration''.

People generally and some posters on here and many more forums are 'unwilling' to say ANYTHING controversial because of the racist tag they will no doubt be labelled with.  The mods are constantly worried that their forums will be tagged the same...A HOTBED OF RACISTS!
As for 'specific' concerns, different people have different 'specific' concerns/ reasons regarding immigration, naturally.  The trouble is, Mr Riddle / Mk1, even when the mildest of comment is made, it provokes outrage, whether individually, locally or nationally.  On this forum, you could take certain people to task regarding 'specific' issues but they could not reply how they wanted to, without being censored or banned.  I want to say certain things and address issues  but I've got to think about every single word I write just in case it MIGHT offend somebody or some specific group!  Can you understand how frustrating that is for people?

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on November 26, 2019, 12: PM

None of them are prepared to justify us handing over 13b + a year to fund nuclear weapons,
Incorrect. I gave you a reason  by reminding you  (more correctly educating you because you appear not to have known) that the USA gave Billions to the UK in aid whilst the UK was developing nuclear weapons.  You reply was bad-tempered rant where you more or less said 'so effing what? The UK is special and the rules I apply to others do not apply to us'. Clearly you were stung that your argument was so completely refuted.
I then addressed your astonishment with the concept  that foreign countries should be 'paid' for helping solve the refugee crisis by imprisoning refugees on our behalf. Again your ignorance was astounding. This is exactly what the UK is currently doing with the 2 most public examples being Libya and Turkey. When your ignorance was too obvious to  deny you came up with the pathetic excuse that this was a 'EU' problem and would be solved when we leave the UK. It appears you think that because the UK has other countries in between us and the source of the refugees then as the migrants have to traverse another country then that county is entirely responsible for dealing with them. That is the position Turkey is in with the 3.5  million Syrian refugees it currently hosts. Turkey has made it clear that it did not cause the  problem and it will not be paying for it and thus has been allocated 6 billion Euros in aid of which half has already been handed over. If you think the EU will continue to pay this and allow the UK to simply walk away then you are deluded. It might interest you to know one of the Turkish conditions for the deal was visa -free travel for Turks into the EU.

LOL off we go again. Many thanks for "educating" me.
1945 old history.
It is a Eu problem
I could care less about Turkey....

Let me educate you - we are an island ...so if we have effective border control/patrols...unless the migrants can walk on water we don't have much to worry about. ;)

akarjl2

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on November 26, 2019, 12: PM
On this forum, you could take certain people to task regarding 'specific' issues but they could not reply how they wanted to, without being censored or banned.  I want to say certain things and address issues  but I've got to think about every single word I write just in case it MIGHT offend somebody or some specific group!  Can you understand how frustrating that is for people?

Say what you mean and mean what you say-bxllxcks to them if they don't like it. The mods will let you know if they have issues with your post ;)

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 26, 2019, 01: PM

- we are an island ...so if we have effective border control/patrols...unless the migrants can walk on water we don't have much to worry about. ;)

The refugees at Calais and Dunkirk are just waiting to prove you wrong.

French Minister of the Economy Emmanuel Macron warned that should the UK vote to leave the EU in its June 2016 referendum, the juxtaposed controls arrangements that allow British immigration officials to operate in Calais might be threatened, and that as a consequence the Calais jungle might transfer to Britain.

mk1

On this forum, you could take certain people to task regarding 'specific' issues but they could not reply how they wanted to, without being censored or banned.  I want to say certain things and address issues  but I've got to think about every single word I write just in case it MIGHT offend somebody or some specific group!  Can you understand how frustrating that is for people?
Let me put your mind at rest snowflake.

I have never at any time reported a post here.
I have never at any time suggested /recommended anyone be banned.
I have never complained to the Mods that a poster needs sanction.

I give the mods here my permission to fact-check the above and the authority to post any email message or interaction with me that shows I am not being truthful.

Now can I ask all of the whingers to make the same  declaration?

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: mk1 on November 26, 2019, 01: PM
Let me put your mind at rest snowflake.

I have never at any time reported a post here.
I have never at any time suggested /recommended anyone be banned.
I have never complained to the Mods that a poster needs sanction.

I give the mods here my permission to fact-check the above and the authority to post any email message or interaction with me that shows I am not being truthful.

Now can I ask all of the whingers to make the same  declaration?

First point, Mk1 is that I really do try to reply to you and other posters in a polite, non threatening manner.  I know that you can do the same as we've had a few exchanges of pleasantries. As for 'snowflake', I really don't know what you are talking about...but let's not dwell on that.
Second point...where in my post have I said / hinted that you have reported a post, suggested / recommended that anyone should be banned or complained to the mods that a poster needs sanction? Please show me. 

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on November 26, 2019, 11: AM
because in your eyes the race is between two party's

That  might be because it is. No one who deals with the reality would even suggest otherwise. The only real unknown is which way the Tory Remainers will vote.

you're terrified that if the Brexit Party win...................

Why would anyone be worried that UKIP Part Deux would 'win'? Only the dumbest of fruitcakes would believe that is even  a remote possibility.
No party languishing on 4% has any chance of a victory.
The dreams over. You had 6 months of Rapture with ludicrous  dreams of  a GE landslide

and now reality has arrive and bit you on the ar*se.
Enjoy your time in the wilderness.
I take it this must refer to me and this is the ironic part. You have your usual de rigeuer put down then the very light comedic same old line and make the assumption I'm just another brexiteer romping about in the presence of enlightened ones. I've got news for you, I'm not. ;D
I was shocked on the day after the referendum as we had people talking of a a second referendum.
I was actually shocked at the prospect of a national democratic vote being usurped and you two get the vapours over a tin pot council chamber tiff, do me favour, then you turn a blind eye to a democratic vote without blushing.
My problem...I actually am a Democrat regardless of who won!

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on November 26, 2019, 01: PM
Quote from: akarjl2 on November 26, 2019, 01: PM

- we are an island ...so if we have effective border control/patrols...unless the migrants can walk on water we don't have much to worry about. ;)

The refugees at Calais and Dunkirk are just waiting to prove you wrong.

French Minister of the Economy Emmanuel Macron warned that should the UK vote to leave the EU in its June 2016 referendum, the juxtaposed controls arrangements that allow British immigration officials to operate in Calais might be threatened, and that as a consequence the Calais jungle might transfer to Britain.
Are you for real? We'd best stay in or they might cross the channel. Good grief. ::) ::)