Well done the Headland

Started by Hubris, May 08, 2018, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hubris

After years of HBC aiding and abetting the demise of the block-sands as a place families would enjoy visiting (like knocking down the little bridge over the paddling pool, keeping it closed/empty of water/full of sand/out of bounds for 46 week's of the year) its very heartening to see how local residents have risen to the challenge of filling the vacuum created by our increasingly inept council. The effort they have just put in to get the pool and surrounding area back into shape was magnificent. Good to see Tim Fleming join in (but, strangely....no reports of any interlopers from Tooting A and E rolling their sleeves up). Hats off to all concerned.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Hubris on May 08, 2018, 06: PM
After years of HBC aiding and abetting the demise of the block-sands as a place families would enjoy visiting (like knocking down the little bridge over the paddling pool, keeping it closed/empty of water/full of sand/out of bounds for 46 week's of the year) its very heartening to see how local residents have risen to the challenge of filling the vacuum created by our increasingly inept council. The effort they have just put in to get the pool and surrounding area back into shape was magnificent. Good to see Tim Fleming join in (but, strangely....no reports of any interlopers from Tooting A and E rolling their sleeves up). Hats off to all concerned.

Well said!

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Hold on, Cockney Doc probably sent an email at some point so in reality he led the initiative coordinating all parties and let's not hear any sour grapes from anybody who actually did something real world style.
I don't believe it.

isolde

l am told because i asked all over fb, that dr pothole was in london working hard. I am sure if he could have, he would have rushed here and sneaked in for a photo shot sayng he organised it all, now he will probably say that he arranged it by meetings in person then ooooppps change that to not in person ha ha

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: isolde on May 09, 2018, 03: PM
l am told because i asked all over fb, that dr pothole was in london working hard. I am sure if he could have, he would have rushed here and sneaked in for a photo shot sayng he organised it all, now he will probably say that he arranged it by meetings in person then ooooppps change that to not in person ha ha

;D ;D ;D