Hartlepool Fertility Service

Started by admin, February 09, 2017, 03: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Inspector Knacker

Watched it last night and it was like trying to get answers from a gate post. The only conclusion I can draw from this is to reinforce my belief it's just another salami slice off the hospital and its viability. They appear to have played the long game and we're now at the point where most people just accept every cut with a reluctant shrug as for most of this drawn out war of attrition the people of Hartlepool felt helpless and had no representation, an appalling state of affairs.
That's the trouble when you lose local control of these services and decisions are made in another town safe from public opinion, I say public opinion, as political and media comment on retaining our hospital were either mute or in favour of steps that left us where we are now.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

DRiddle

I find it ironic that Councillor Martin-Wells was unhappy that his committee found out the decision via the media and nobody thought it appropriate to tell the person/persons it affected FIRST.

I made exactly that point to the chief solicitor when audit and governance (chaired by Wells) leaked information discussed in a closed session about me onto this forum before I even knew anything about it.

I still know literally NOTHING about their reasoning and nobody from that committee has had the courtesy to approach or contact me directly about their decision.

What's good for the Goose Councillor Martin-Wells...

fred c

All bluff & bluster from the Straw Man once again..... Hartlepool deserves better.

steveL

Ironic that the CCG are hiding behind the equivalent of council 'pink papers'. That phrase 'commercially sensitive information' is the exact same phrase used by HBC when it was first asked and refused to publish the accounts for the Inspirations Cafe. They didn't want other cafes in the area to know what they were charging for a Latte (mind you, they could have just walked in and looked at the prices  ::) ::))

What goes around, comes around eh Raymond?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

pensionater

I personally have been impressed by Wells on his contribution to keep the Unit open.Where i find the irony, is that the order to shut the Unit came from this Tory government,yet it's a Tory Councillor who's trying hardest to keep it open.In my opinion the CCG have tried to price everyone out of running of this Unit,and where totally put on the back foot when CARE fertility wanted to have a go at running it.Maybe we should get the Council to install parking meters there,and we may get people concerned enough to get up an online petition.

mk1

Quote from: pensionater on February 09, 2017, 04: PM
yet it's a Tory Councillor who's trying hardest to keep it open.

Bollocks!
He knows he is not going to get the Hospital back so after years of actively supporting the Hospital move/closure he has cynically started to campaign for  bringing it back simply to improve his and The SCABs election prospects. He must  laughing up his sleeve whenever he reads that anyone could believe he is sincere.
Wells only has 2 concerns-who is looking for Planning Permission and where is my share of any Consultancy Fee.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: pensionater on February 09, 2017, 04: PM
I personally have been impressed by Wells on his contribution to keep the Unit open.Where i find the irony, is that the order to shut the Unit came from this Tory government,yet it's a Tory Councillor who's trying hardest to keep it open.
When it comes to politics I vote for whoever offers me the best prospects. I abhor dogmatically voting for the same party every time.
So, it was a Labour government who started the erosion of services at our hospital and a Labour MP and councillors who joined the chorus and ignored the electorate to back the Wynyard site. Or did you blank that one from your mind?

pensionater

I think anyone who really wants to know what most of the posters on the site are all about should read these posts.Not one condemnation of what is happening to the IVF center,it's just being used to get one over a Councillor,disgusting.

fred c

Another sweeping generalisation, how you come to that conclusion is puzzling to say the least, you have no idea what users of this forum think, why do you assume posters don't have a great deal of sympathy for the couples who deperately want children, you assumption is not only miles off the mark, it is offensive to every user of this forum.

This isn't just about the council, it is about the total abdication of the health, care & welfare of the residents of Hartlepool & East Durham by the CCG, the LabTor Mob & the towns 'Member', if, in your opinion criticising those responsible for the loss of virtually every meaningful health resource is being unsympathetic to our fellow townsfolk, you really need to get your moral compass recalibrated.

DRiddle

The point you've missed Pensionater, is all of the regulars on this board have been involved in one way or another in trying to stop the salami slicing of the hospital for well over a decade. Or at the very least have been actively involved in the campaigns to save it.

We've seen the Labour councillors and our MP support the proposed move to Wynyard. We've seen the labour council essentially vote (in various committees and on various motions) to support Foster and Garvin in a range of ways. Wells coming in at the 11th hour talking about fertility won't cut much ice with most people on here.

Nor will people on here buy into the claim made on Labour's last election leaflet that THEY are the party dead set on saving the hospital.

Most people on here have their eyes very wide open.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: pensionater on February 10, 2017, 10: AM
.Not one condemnation of what is happening to the IVF center,it's just being used to get one over a Councillor,disgusting.
Show me anywhere in my posts I criticised the Councillor.
Obviously we're all condemning what's happening to the IVF unit or e wouldn't be on here would we?