Read and Weep

Started by steveL, February 07, 2017, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

Flannel of the highest order. I lost the will to live halfway through and drowned in a sea of bovine excrement.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

mk1

20 Years after the Council spent £17 million to 'transform' Church Street the Council are going to spend another £3  million to 'transform' Church Street!

akarjl

Quote from: steveL on February 07, 2017, 09: PM
http://us14.campaign-archive1.com/?u=7db36cf38fb42734539679b96&id=d0795b5a8a&e=dec501cd19

Summed up at bottom of page "Mail Chimp" ..yes i know it is a free autoresponder but perhaps it should read Mail Male Chimp in reference to his wing man "Right turn Clyde" Crannible?

Inspector Knacker

Studying their 'plan', it looks like they're going to plant a few trees and re-jig some of the block paving.
Somehow I don't see a statue of them appearing there to accompany the others. Unless of course they can get a grant ( I suspect by popular public subscription is not likely) and organise a competition. Now that would be fun.

fred c

So spend a load of cash  on the 1 area of Curch St that ishalf decent......yeah sounds like a plan...... you couldn't make this up, delusi o nal thinking in the extreme.........FFS, use the money where it is needed, on services & facilities that are useful to the residents of the town.

There is no point the SCABS, Craney, Raymondo,MD et al trying to leave their legacy on Hartlepool....... they already have, it's 1 disater after another.

Alnwickist

Unbelievable, yet more overpriced fantasy drawings.

Alnwickist

On a second look, they have cut off the vehicle access to the council building car park. Genious.

Hartlepudlion

Have you noticed that in these visions it it always sunny with blue skies? That alone tells you what the vision is worth!

Inspector Knacker

When this lot eventually depart local politics their only legacy will be mass layoffs in the 'artists impressions industry'. It'll be carnage.

steveL

Quite apart from the delusional 'Vision', if you cast your mind back a few years you'll remember that there have been a couple of previous abortive attempts at refurbishing Church Square. Up until now, the plans have been quashed because of the cost and because as it is, Church Square is hardly the most obvious part of town crying out for a  make-over. The idea seemed to first spring up when UNISON started having their commemoration to those killed at work there.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Land Phil

So essentially they want to block the view of the beautiful church with some tat street furniture, ugly signs and trees.

Utterly distasteful.

Inspector Knacker

I've scoured those impressions scrupulously for signs of a group statue between Willy Gray and Ward Jacksons monuments. A gold statue as tall as Christ Church tower as a tribute to Hartlepools greatest ever political visionaries must be slipped in somewhere surely?