Failure

Started by Alnwickist, February 13, 2017, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaton

Sad too say the vast majority of people who live in Hartlepool won't be aware of this or any other of the goings on in the Council, they don't get involved in politics and don't buy The Mail.
They pick the Council Tax BIll up Year on Year moan about it but don't do nowt about it.

Inspector Knacker

Actually, I suspect the comments were for the very people who do read the Mail and probably can't recall who was actually in charge at the time. To them, someone wasted a fortune and this knight in shining armour has appeared to denounce the spend and defend the ratepayers from waste. Classic stuff.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

seaton

Unfortunately the small majority of the people who buy th Mail don't see the comments, it would be interesting to know how many people read it online, probably people who don't live in the town.

steveL

Wells is an avid reader and has admitted so in the council chamber but then paranoia is endemic within HBC so I imagine that it's quite well read by all. This site is so well read in the Civic that I have often thought it would be a good way to alert council staff to impending fire drills. ;)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.