Stubbs Attempts to Close the Stable Door

Started by steveL, June 01, 2014, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Interested

Quote from: Riddler5 on June 02, 2014, 10: PM
If you don't even vote....why would you even be interested in what happens.......?

Spot on  ;) ;)

Pensionater you are very interested in what people have to say and expect to be kept in the loop but didnt even have the b***s to put an x next to your choice and have YOUR say "clever sh**e"
;D ;D

Mican

Quote from: Interested on June 02, 2014, 11: PM
Quote from: Riddler5 on June 02, 2014, 10: PM
If you don't even vote....why would you even be interested in what happens.......?

Spot on  ;) ;)

Pensionater you are very interested in what people have to say and expect to be kept in the loop but didnt even have the b***s to put an x next to your choice and have YOUR say "clever sh**e"
;D ;D

Here here.   ;D ;D

pensionater

So predictable,i actually couldn't physically vote for personal reasons but don't let that stop your narrow mindedness.Before you sheep jump in feet first you want to try asking questions yourselves.Mican i bet you couldn't sleep when you found you had someone who actually agreed with one of your post's for a change,even though you completely misinterpreted mine.Interested you really shouldn't encourage the most boring poster on the site.

pensionater

By the way i didn't vote for this Tory government either but i still have a democratic right to question what they are doing with my money.

Interested

I totally agree with you Pensionater, you have a right to question what they are doing with your money!!

Whether you like the answers or not the only way you can influence change is initially by the ballot box.

Unfortunately it would appear you were unable to vote and I apologise sincerely for insinuating you didn't have the b***s to vote :-[

However if you were able to have voted, just out of curiosity who would have received your X and why?

PS. I'm also not in the habit of picking sides or encouraging others, i tend to play devils advocate a lot as I'm a great believer in a good, open, honest debate as everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect everyone's opinion. What I don't like are bullies who deliberately target others for their own gain.

Anyway....................that cleared that up!!!!!!!

Ps. I'm not labelling you a bully!!!!!!

Quotethe only way you can influence change is initially by the ballot box.

I beg to differ.  Change is already influenced in the following ways:

Big corporate entities simply do it by donating to political parties.

Ex public schoolboys use an old boys network to get things changed in their favour.

Mates and business associates of local councillors get things done their way in return for benefits in kind.

This is why the ballot box doesn't work, no matter who is elected, the corruptors will already have a line into them.

The entire system needs an overhaul to become truly honest and transparent, voting will never do this because those already running the system will never allow it.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: pensionater on June 03, 2014, 04: PM
So predictable,i actually couldn't physically vote for personal reasons but don't let that stop your narrow mindedness.,................. even though you completely misinterpreted mine.
You said you 'didn't vote' in your earlier post which is rathet different to your revised 'couldn't vote'.... so before you dive in two footed with claims of being misinterpreted try reviewing your own posts which may be the cause....instead of blaming others. Hope that helps.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: 0094994 on June 03, 2014, 10: PM
Quotethe only way you can influence change is initially by the ballot box.

I beg to differ.  Change is already influenced in the following ways:

Big corporate entities simply do it by donating to political parties.

Ex public schoolboys use an old boys network to get things changed in their favour.

Mates and business associates of local councillors get things done their way in return for benefits in kind.

This is why the ballot box doesn't work, no matter who is elected, the corruptors will already have a line into them.

The entire system needs an overhaul to become truly honest and transparent, voting will never do this because those already running the system will never allow it.
So you don't vote then....?

At the minute, no.

I'm getting interested in the activities of a few people trying to bring about electoral reform though.

Essentially power is controlled by party politics, to get anything meaningful done you have to be in a party but then that means doing what the party tells you to do whether it's the right thing or not.

The party line is dictated to them by their financial backers no matter what anyone says.

Inspector Knacker

So you reform party politics.... not the voting system. Not voting is like a eunoch complaining about an orgy.

You've used that analogy before John Riddler.

It can't be done by voting. You and others have said that parties block vote to ensure they get their way. They won't allow their own destruction through the use of voting.

This needs to come from higher up. The only higher power is the person who convenes and closes Parliament. Sadly she is part of the problem too.

It'd have to be a demonstration of public opinions from outside of the voting system.

Mican

Quote from: pensionater on June 03, 2014, 04: PM
So predictable,i actually couldn't physically vote for personal reasons but don't let that stop your narrow mindedness.Before you sheep jump in feet first you want to try asking questions yourselves.Mican i bet you couldn't sleep when you found you had someone who actually agreed with one of your post's for a change,even though you completely misinterpreted mine.Interested you really shouldn't encourage the most boring poster on the site.

Personally I couldn't give a toss whether someone agrees with me or not, just for the record this isn't the first time someone has.  I asked you a question and you replied you "Didn't" vote and then got personal, you then come back and say you couldn't physically vote, have you not heard of the postal vote?  The reason for my post in the first place was your seemingly obsessiveness with driddle and judging by other peoples comments I am not the only one who has noticed this, try reading what people say first before replying.

pensionater

Are you copying off Riddler5.I didn't vote because i couldn't.Get it?.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: 0094994 on June 04, 2014, 01: PM
You've used that analogy before John Riddler.

It can't be done by voting. You and others have said that parties block vote to ensure they get their way. They won't allow their own destruction through the use of voting.

This needs to come from higher up. The only higher power is the person who convenes and closes Parliament. Sadly she is part of the problem too.

It'd have to be a demonstration of public opinions from outside of the voting system.
Used the analogy before......? ...well if the cap fits Phil.
I admire your idealism......but that's all it is...the idea of the righteous stepping in to change the world ain't gonna happen....and if they aren't elected they're a dictatorship. Oops.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: pensionater on June 04, 2014, 04: PM
Are you copying off Riddler5.I didn't vote because i couldn't.Get it?.
Because you couldn't....? ........where you too big to fit through the door of the polling station.....? You're Elvis living anonymously in the town.....? You're an alien who was on Saturn on polling day and your spaceship was getting some welding done on the bodywork...... Sorry...I really don't get it actually...
Come on, tell us more.