Looks bad for The Mail and Ms Yates.............

Started by mk1, April 18, 2012, 02: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/apr/16/johnston-press-dailies-go-weekly

Can't be long before the axe falls.

http://www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk/2012/news/scarborough-evening-news-to-go-weekly-and-other-titles-could-follow/

The five JP titles going weekly are by no means the smallest in its portfolio. Although the Scarborough Evening News sells just 10,637 copies, the other four all sell in excess of the Peterborough Evening Telegraph's 14,883.

That is more than the Shields Gazette with 14,164, the Hartlepool Mail with 13,387, the Wigan Evening Post with 6,754 and the Doncaster Star with 2,111

codheadless

Its been coming for a while, i admit to buying it on a daily basis and for the life of me i dont know why, over half of it is the same old story's/competition's ( bonny babes/bride of the year/pot the grotspot) and any story that the kremlin want publishing.
The mail has even gone very quiet on the save the hospital campaign as it upsets the SCABS when they think of helping in its demise over £5000.
Its funny how i have never read anything about HTH in there apart from when cookingfat got his collar felt over mad dog and i'm still waiting to read all about the goings on at manor west/angie wilcox and family, a big story like that should be on the front page.

Lord Elpus

The rot set in when Harry Blackwood got the bullet.  Within a few months of him going most of the quality journalists had gone as well.  I'd be sorry to see the Mail go weekly but in all honesty it stopped being a decent paper years ago.

The Shadow

talking of Harry Blackwood... Why are you (Lord Elpus & Hartlepool First) using his letter to the Mail on the front page of your website as if he is endorsing Hartlepool First? He clearly states that he has " always believed there is no place for party politics in Hartlepool."
He also goes on to say that he suggests voting for an independent.

Lord Elpus

The letter is a honest copy of Harry's email, no sly editing, no selective omissions.

Harry has told me he supports Hartlepool First that's good enough for me. 

The Great Dictator

I spoke to a mail worker yesterday and was told redundancy packages are on the way for the top brass..

Lucy Lass-Tick

It's more of a parish magazine than a newspaper!

The Shadow

If he supports HF why didn't he suggest people vote for HF rather than fpr an independent? After all, he believes party politics has no part to play in Hartlepool.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: The Shadow on April 18, 2012, 03: PM
If he supports HF why didn't he suggest people vote for HF rather than fpr an independent? After all, he believes party politics has no part to play in Hartlepool.
You're like a woodpecker on a lamp post.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.