P.H.F.

Started by notinshadow, April 15, 2012, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notinshadow

I received my leaflet yesterday and I thought it was spot on.

I can see why Labour are worried about May 3rd, I mean I don't expect moutains to be moved at the Civic but a bloody nose to the Labour party all the same.

codheadless

i hope they do well and give the labour group a bloody nose, however i think they missed a trick in not tempting Keith Fisher into standing for them, i think he will win a seat in Hart ward for his efforts in saving the hospital.

notinshadow

Codheadless

I thought that too and wondered why Fisher didn't join a group that his friends run.

I wondered if I am allowed to say on here, if Fisher is actually smarter than I give him credit for and realised that P.H.F. is about getting 2 people in as councillors that otherwise might have struggled with the boundry changes.

P.H.F. might have a bit of hype being new but will it have the bite to go with it..we will have to wait and see.

steveL

I think Fisher likes to do his own thing but doesn't do so well as a team player. I think he will do well in Hart because he is strongly associated with the hospital saga.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

notinshadow

I think his decision making process is flawed. I think he will do well at Hart though.

Wasn't he a 30yr Labour man, until the wheel came off!

christine blakey

Keith did stand 2 years ago as a Lib Dem.

I think that there is no problem if for his own reasons, he does not want to be associated with a particular party now. 

He needs to be a Team Player and maybe once elected, he will work well with the other Councillors in his Ward.

I am sure he will do well as a result of the Save Our Hospital Campaign even though at the minute it looks like we have lost it.

notinshadow

"Save our hospital" is the only thing getting him votes.

Don't take this the wrong way but I would say "what's going to get you or David votes"?

beanzontoast

If i am not mistaken, Hartlepool hospital has without doubt GONE, the decision to close the hospital was taken at National level by the Labour Party, and by association the Labour controlled council would have been all for it,the only reason reason it was stopped was because of the last general election, and P.F.I. Labour lost out to the coalition government and they stopped it because of cost ( PFI mostly ) I believe this has been sorted out. Tories dont like PFI,
much cheaper to build now, and if left to the torie`s they would not have built it at all thereby saving hartlepool hospital, but ( isn`t it wonderful politicspolitical a ) Think of the outcry from Labour if it isnt built the tories are already on the back foot when it comes to the N.H.S. The point to all this is if Mr Fisher gets voted in because of his fight to save the hospital, if he is politically aware then he has been playing hatlepool residents like a fiddle. 

notinshadow

I think I agree with that, although of course I think it's shocking that a town of this size has no A&E.

Quote..
The point to all this is if Mr Fisher gets voted in because of his fight to save the hospital, if he is politically aware then he has been playing hatlepool residents like a fiddle.

Yes!!