It's arrived...

Started by Inspector Knacker, April 15, 2012, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

... my shiny new manifesto for the Labour Party with a couple of belters on the back page when it comes to quotes .....
FIGHT FOR QUALITY HEALTHCARE .... because it shouldn't be a lottery ...... words fail me.

PROTECT PUBLIC SERVICES ..... because it can't be left to someone else ...... are these people so conceited they think they are the only ones who can provide public services, the only people with theself proclaimed talent being a few political anoraks form Hartlepool?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

beanzontoast

Yes Riddler they are conceited, and arrogant to boot, did the manifesto mention anything regarding Immigration, or the human rights act, or for that matter, how they propose to cut the country`s debt mountain what cuts would they make.

Lord Elpus

The Labour party are past masters at reselling and repackaging the same old promises and the same tired old faces over and over again, year after year. 

steveL

Quote from: beanzontoast on April 15, 2012, 01: PM
Yes Riddler they are conceited, and arrogant to boot, did the manifesto mention anything regarding Immigration, or the human rights act, or for that matter, how they propose to cut the country`s debt mountain what cuts would they make.

Isn't that the point though, beanz? Voting for a local councillor is bot all to do with immigration or reducing the debt mountain - that's why we have General Elections. This local election is about the limp response to losing our hospital, the loss of bus services and libraries, the decaying Marina and the absurd level of council tax we pay etc
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

notinshadow

Some of the town is looking much better in fairness than it ever has in my lifetime.

Small part of B.V. Easington Road, The Chester, B.C. they have done some good things too for the town, but they have lined their own pockets, directly or indirectly and have cost us dearly.

Will P.H.F. be different?

marky

That's true, some places do look better but a lot of people seem to have become much richer in the process and I can't help but wonder how replacing a lot of essentially rented housing with mortgaged homes is going to help the real housing shortage. I can't be the only one wondering where all of the people have gone.

And as for the usual national line of the local labour leaflets goes - they make the same mistake every time and each time they call for public services to be protected I can't help but question the sincerity. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the president of the local Labour Party also chief shop steward at the Civic? When they call for the protection of local services is it the services themselves that they are concerned with or keeping up their own union membership and the fat donation to the labour Party that stems from it?

notinshadow

Both fair points I think..

The second point hadn't really crossed my mind but it has now!!

Vincent

NotinShadow - try wondering around the bottom half of victoria ward, burn valley ward or foggy furze ward especially after dark - these are no go areas which the current crop of councillors dare not fear to tread

notinshadow

There isn't anywhere in this town I wouldn't walk any day/night of the week.

The real dangers in this town are normally found in the Civic area of the town.

P.S.

Where is the bottom end of the Victoria ward please?

Vincent

The area bounded by York Road, Raby Road, Park Road, Stockton Street, Clarence Road, Chester Road.

Some and I mean only some of the streets in this area are run down. They have become a dumping ground for the worst kind of people who blight the lives of the decent people who live there to the point where kids cant play outside, pensioners are terrified and doors are locked and chained before the sun goes down.

The supercilious grins on Councillors Richardson and Simmons make me sick to the stomach - they have been in a position to help these people for years and years, how long and how much do they need to sort these areas out.

beanzontoast

This topic it`s arrived is very good really, when you argue among yourselves as you are doin`g you miss the point, you are fighting yourselves if i may put it that way,
Let me put it this way, IT`S ARRIVED is really a bit of a nonsence , they have not only arrived, they the ( Labour Council )  have been there for years ( dont go on about little green men )   what you need to do is not react to situations, like hospital closures, poor housing, etc etc. say on this forum what you do want and then you become as one and that will be when you remove class system, from your vocabulary, and embrace the light rather than the dark in yourself,  then and only then can you reform and change the system. That is what democracy is about, you have a choice good people in 2 world wars have died for to give you that choice, you can have either Animal Farm, or Jonathan Livinston Seagull, isn`t that just amazing a choice, coming to a town near you on May 3rd.