Bus services

Started by Inspector Knacker, April 14, 2012, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christine blakey

It most likely was an election point scorer because they Hilary Thompson and Chris Banks think it is going to make a little profit.

I agree with you about the difficulties to keep the route going.  I did not start it, I just offered to support a business who were going to go bust.

It will most likely stop very soon after May (and it needs 56 days from day to cease service).  This shows just how effective as a Councillor that Hilary has been and I am relieved she is standing down.  I disagree with her own promotion in the newspaper as she has not set up a sustainable service, far from it!

There could be some ways that the service could run but it is not a straight forward hail and ride service that is needed.  You are very right about the costs and minute if any chance of keeping it going.  If it is kept it would be something that would roll out across the town because it would not be fair to pick out one area to benefit and not others.

The majority of passengers are concession pass holders. 

This is not a thread I want to go backwards or forwards, arguing the odds. 

I dont write posts to have someone assess them sentence by sentence.  I simply want people to know in advance (through this site because the Mail will not print it until after the election and after it stops) that they should look to these elected members who have built up hopes that this is sustainable as it is not.

That is not to say that the ideas I have put forward will not work.  Time will tell.  However, this is not about ripping into people who step forward to help, this is about recognising the support and helping people to have services on their doorstep with the chance of using their pass around town.  That is all.

Sorry I forgot Robbie Payne as another Councillor who simply turned up for the photoshoots and probably has the bus success on his leaflet already.  He is the one to point the finger at, as he is still in the election and I would find his leaflet interesting?

notinshadow

Quote from: christine blakey on April 15, 2012, 11: PM
It most likely was an election point scorer because they Hilary Thompson and Chris Banks think it is going to make a little profit.

Because Thompson wanted voting for at the time it was set up.

I agree with you about the difficulties to keep the route going.  I did not start it, I just offered to support a business who were going to go bust.

The are going to go bust if they don't drastically reduce the overheads, I know the game and they are caught between a rock and a hard place, people are not going out of town in the same way they did 2 years ago. schools runs I think his now lost and they are not all that money wise anyway but help keep things ticking over.

It will most likely stop very soon after May (and it needs 56 days from day to cease service).  This shows just how effective as a Councillor that Hilary has been and I am relieved she is standing down.  I disagree with her own promotion in the newspaper as she has not set up a sustainable service, far from it!

Exactly, this is so she can live in the village and say " I got you a bus service and it didn't end on my watch".

There could be some ways that the service could run but it is not a straight forward hail and ride service that is needed.  You are very right about the costs and minute if any chance of keeping it going.  If it is kept it would be something that would roll out across the town because it would not be fair to pick out one area to benefit and not others.

It won't work, sorry and all that but it won't.

The majority of passengers are concession pass holders.

Oouch

This is not a thread I want to go backwards or forwards, arguing the odds. 

Fair enough!

I dont write posts to have someone assess them sentence by sentence.

Don't ya!

I simply want people to know in advance (through this site because the Mail will not print it until after the election and after it stops) that they should look to these elected members who have built up hopes that this is sustainable as it is not.

Well I have been of small help then in this matter :-\

That is not to say that the ideas I have put forward will not work.  Time will tell.  However, this is not about ripping into people who step forward to help, this is about recognising the support and helping people to have services on their doorstep with the chance of using their pass around town.  That is all.

Yes, but it often helps if you have some idea on the subject matter surely. Paul and Sue know the game inside out, they are not shy kids getting no sweets, they are hardened business people in the minubus game, so what you bring to the table I am unsure off.

Sorry I forgot Robbie Payne as another Councillor who simply turned up for the photoshoots and probably has the bus success on his leaflet already.  He is the one to point the finger at, as he is still in the election and I would find his leaflet interesting?

Have you just breached purdah..not bothered just interested.

christine blakey

Not breached purdah, just presenting facts!

That is worth noting, but everything else going round in circles so best we just wait until the truth outs?

The Great Dictator

Have PHF printed a special leaflet to remove Wilcox and Ginger nut ?