Baden Street

Started by Inspector Knacker, April 14, 2012, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Following the glowing accounts of life in Baden Street, when I drove down today, I was tempted to ask what's changed ....?
A sizable percentage of the properties had all decided that chipboard panels were the window dressing of choice, it looked a tip beyond redemption.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

notinshadow

Every time I pass the area I think "so what's changed".

Inspector Knacker

Following last years glowing report and feature in the Mail to the sound of rampant backslapping, I wasn't expecting some village green type idyll complete with folk dancing and craft workshops, but what I wasn't expecting was to see it looking like the tip it is.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

The Great Dictator

Before they renovate Baden street they need to decide where the residents are going to be moving to or is it just another case of  " Let the private landlords sort it out ".

steveL

Anyone got any pics of how it currently looks? Wouldn't do any harm to put them up on HTH, I reckon.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

dangerman

I have a aunt who is now housebound she has lived in Grasmere street all her life.

Now rife with anti-social behaviour directly because of landlords renting to drug taking, wont work, cant work, wont ever never work scumbags. living off Social Security Benefits.

For the decent law abiding repectable owner occupiers that remain, selling and moving on is almost impossible these same landlords would buy up the houses at much less than market value, again letting out to those who are denied/refused Social Housing.

Perhaps councillors who praise their efforts on Baden Street should see what others have to put up with everyday of their lives, or in my aunties case what she has left of it.

One thing is for certain she will not be voting Labour.

mk1

Very harsh shadows today and not the best conditions for taking photos. My problems were compounded when one of Brash's 'cleaned up' inhabitants saw me and took exception to my actions. I had to endure abuse and a menacing  (he thought)  'hard man' stare as he tried to persuade me to go forth and multiply.
Blame him for the blurred images but it was the best I could do in the circumstances!

dangerman

What of the 'other' Burn Valley Councillor Lauderdale is he still alive?

I understand Cllr Hall represents that ward also and is of the same political party.

Yet it's always look at me, look at me Brash who hogs MAIL publicity. Why?

Answers on the back of a postage stamp.

The Great Dictator

The 1st pic of Baden street is my old house, i lived there when it was nice 33 years ago.

christine blakey

Has HTH asked for a breakdown of costs and outcomes so far?

dangerman

Came along the Tees Road through Haverton Hill It's much like Baden Street £100.000.000s spent just to see it revert to how it was before revitalisation & modernisation, all to no avail many are derilict or boarded up, it seems to be prevelent where ever there is a Labour controlled Council.

I thought many £millions were given by the Labour Government in order to improve social housing which I understand included all of central Hartlepool.

What's happened to all those £millions allowing decent streets to be what they are today.

Has it been used or abused?

christine blakey

These are the very questions that need to be put to HBC.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

....I wouldn't bet a single penny on a straight answer.

When have HBC ever been accountable.
I don't believe it.

christine blakey

That is their problem, as if they are not accountable and it can be evidenced by having record that they have been asked about the concerns, this means that we can demand they are made accountable.

The more people that join behind this, the better.  They find it easy to pick one off after another, but if people stand united, things can improve.  It has happened before, just not much in Hartlepool!

dangerman

THIS LANDED ON MY MAT;

VICTORIA LOCAL ELECTION SPECIAL

Housing empty homes blight local communities; they attract anti-social behaviour and bring the area down. That is why we have take the unprecedented steps to bring empty properties back into use.

We have campaigned for greater investment and secured £2.million of extra funding for Carr/Hopps street for rejuvenatio

I thought £54.5 million was for just that purpose?

Someone must have made one hell of a lot of money to spend so much and have done so little.