Rubs eyes in disbelief.

Started by Inspector Knacker, April 14, 2012, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Maybe I'm easily offended, but driving past the War Memorial this morning at nine, was puzzled as I approached it to see what appeared to be tent tops and assumed some event was being staged there, which in a way it was.
In front of the memorial was a van, generators awnings and display stands, topped by a large serving area straddling the steps up to the cenotaph, ..... it was one of those displays you normally see outside of supermarkets ....... for Kingsmill bread .... I really do despair sometimes.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

notinshadow

Lest we forget Kingmill bread  ::)

beanzontoast

I believe there is film crew wandering about the town, dont know what the topic is cant be question time can it.

notinshadow

Inspector Knacker

I wonder what location in the North East Hartlepool will have to pretend to be in this series ... Seaton was Whitley Bay last time around. ::)

Shepherd

R5 You must be mistaken, no decent council would ever allow a war memorial to be used for commercial profit.

Surely such an enterprise would need permission from the town authorities to do that legally.

No authority would be so morally bankrupt as to allow............................oh yeah its Hartlpool!

Was Angie an extra, extra big that is???

notenoughsaid

I seem to recall reading in the local Rag that a Kingsmill Bread promotion was to take place IN THE SHOPPING CENTRE, this weekend. I have not seen the offending circus which seems to be the sandwich making workshop promised.What a total lack of respect if placed as suggested.   It begs the question who authorised the use of such an important location.

christine blakey

And wouldnt it be better if in the Shopping Centre?  Luckily good weather but agree that this should not have been first choice.

The Kingsmill promoters would be horrified to see how people have received their sarnies

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: notenoughsaid on April 14, 2012, 12: PM
I seem to recall reading in the local Rag that a Kingsmill Bread promotion was to take place IN THE SHOPPING CENTRE, this weekend. I have not seen the offending circus which seems to be the sandwich making workshop promised.What a total lack of respect if placed as suggested.   It begs the question who authorised the use of such an important location.
I can only assume their global positioning satellite is on the blink then. that or they have a very warped sense of what a shopping centre looks like.

beanzontoast

I like the global positioning satellite idea could have a point,
on another note but still about film, Hartlepool council are with the help of the Northern Region Film and Telivision Archive, are putting on two showings of rare footageat the town hall theatre raby road, 2pm and 7pm, Highlights include Hartlepools Historic Shipbuilding past, the amalgamation of Hartlepool and West Hartlepool in 1967, and the world famous cartoon character Andy Capp.

The Great Dictator

So its ok for Kingsmill to pedal bread on the cenotaph but not ok for kids to enjoy skateboarding there.........wan*ers !

notenoughsaid

Further to my previous post ,on my way to the Headland via the town a couple of hours later,I saw the offending stalls in situ and felt digusted by their presence.In particular the vehicle with them parked on the tiling directly in front of the main tower of the cenotaph against the plinth. Shame on them.!!!

Whilst on this post Beanzontoast is quite correct about the forthcoming Film Show  re Shipbuilding etc.It will take place at the Town Hall on Tues.17.4.12 and will cost £3   (as was stated two showings, 2p.m. and 7p.m.)I have already pencilled this in as it seems it may be interesting.

Inspector Knacker

What I find astonishing is that someone must have authorised this, I can't imagine Windy Miller just turned up and thought ..... this looks like a good spot. How could someone even consider this?