Full Council Meeting April 12

Started by The Shadow, April 13, 2012, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Hmmm..........I never noticed the word and included it in my quote. I have gone back and edited my post to remove the statement if you see Kay

Not Stephen Hadow

Quote from: The Shadow on April 13, 2012, 01: PMMayor said HBC wouldn't investigate as it is not their job to do so, it is the charity commissions job.
CAB then pointed out that if the authors of this story had checked these "facts" with the CC they would have been told that the two documents are identical because of a mistake at their end which they will rectify....

Actually community interest conmpanies CICs are NOT Charities and are regulated by are regulated by the CIC regulator with what is intended as a "light-touch". This compares with the relatively "heavy" regulation of charities by the Charity Commission. However, the CIC regulator will respond to complaints from stakeholders and has considerable powers to act to protect the community interest.

As with all companies, CICs are required to file annual accounts and an annual return with Companies House. In addition, a CIC has to file a community interest report annually, which will explain how the CIC pursued the community interest and involved its stakeholders and will, if applicable, give details of payments to directors and any dividends paid.

Maybe someone should point out the difference to the Mayor and SA-B between a charity and a CIC? Not least the basic rule of charity law that charities must in most circumstances have volunteer boards. A major advantage of CICs is that their directors can be paid a salary!

Follow the money! That's the answer every time!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2009/dec/01/setting-up-community-interest-company

rabbit

If we referring to Manor Residents Association. it is a charity and registered with the Charity Commission and subject to its regulations.

see http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/Showcharity/RegisterOfCharities/SearchMatchList.aspx