Full Council Meeting April 12

Started by The Shadow, April 13, 2012, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shadow

I was not able to attend last night because of a prior engagement however I woke to a text message this morning telling me that it was a little eventful and that SteveL spat his dummy out?

Lord Elpus

SteveL challenged some very personal and insulting remarks made by SAB about the people who run this site. 

This was in response to the comments after Fred's question relating to a local org who appear to have dodgy accounting practices.

Watching SAB little tantrum was a true insight into his petulant personality.  I thought he behaved more like a 'big girl's blouse' than the Vice Chairman of our Council.  If he ever became Chair of the Council I'm sure we could expect to see some right moody strops.

The Shadow

So SteveL didn't like that SAB made a personal comment?

Forgive me but not to defend SAB, however. How come it is fair game for you, SteveL and other HTH admins to personally attack certain councillor but throw all of your toys out of the pram if the tables are turned.

Do onto others as you would have done to yourself.

steveL

oh Shadow, of course you were there - we all saw you - and you must have been so anticipating people posting about the matter on here that you finally ran out of patience and did it yourself.

Members of the public aren't allowed to say anything unless they are asking questions which have been submitted 7 days in advance. So from that safe position and from behind the barricade of the front bench, yes SAB thought he would lauch a tirade of personal insults on a member of the public who up until that point had said nothing. While he did so, the Chairman of the Council, whose job it is to make sure such things never happen, concentrated on telling me that I was not allowed to answer back - I was just expected to sit there and take it.

Apart from the fact that at my age, I take being described as 'middle-aged' as something of a compliment, the main message of the episode was that we were all witnessing the final stages of the disintegration of the local labour group and that it can be attributed not so much to 'a couple of middle-aged, failed journalists', but mainly to the activities of 4 or 5 of their own members.

By the way, next week we'll be running a story about how certain Councillors are abusing their positions to by-pass the planning permission procedures to their own own benefit. If you'd like to contribute to the story you can always do so though it might be best to run it passed Marj and your fellow cuckoo Councillor first.  ;)

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Shadow

I look forward to reading what you believe said councillor has done.

You must be very confident as I've heard he has a very good solicitor.

steveL

And how would you know to which Councillor I was referring and whether or not he has a good solicitor unless you were that very same Councillor?

You see the trouble with you my little suited, gelled friend is that you're not half as clever as you think you are and too frequently, you allow your keeness to score a point to take precedent over your overall strategy. When you think you've won a little victory you then go and spoil it all by being unable to resist broadcasting it to anyone who will listen.

Choose your friends more wisely my little anorexic troll.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

testing times

I think Shadow has missed the point. If someone says something too personal on here then at least they have the opportunity to reply. I was at the council meeting last night and what I witnessed was a disgrace; a councillor using his position to throw insults at a member of the public knowing full well that the person had no opportunity to respond. It was cowardly to say the least, with each insult Akers-Belcher would glance at the labour seats looking for approval. He was playing to the labour group when he would have done better to have watched the reaction of the rest of the members of the public witnessing his behaviour. They were both shocked and disgusted.
It reminded me a little of the hospital issue when Labour was far too preoccupied with its own internal party affairs and paid no attention to what the public were thinking.
Roll on the elections. 

The Shadow

Quote from: steveL on April 13, 2012, 10: AM
And how would you know to which Councillor I was referring and whether or not he has a good solicitor unless you were that very same Councillor?

Because you used the words "cuckoo councillor". It does not take a genious to work out who you are talking about Steve.

Given that you have an enfatuation with said councillor, constantly commenting on his good dress sense, hair style and now how slim he is looking.

notinshadow

Can I ask what the actual comments were?

notinshadow

Quote from: LOL@U on April 13, 2012, 10: AM
I've never attended a council meeting but I think it could be fun.  I can guarantee if any of them spoke to me like it is being alleged on here they spoke to people then they might tell me I can't answer back during the meeting but I would certainly knock seven bells out of the big mouthed get when the meeting finished and their protocol didn't apply.  The added bonus would be that a lot of them have faces that you'd never tire of kicking.

What happens if you broke a nail, you have not thought this through!

steveL

Quote from: The Shadow on April 13, 2012, 11: AM
Quote from: steveL on April 13, 2012, 10: AM

Because you used the words "cuckoo councillor". It does not take a genious to work out who you are talking about Steve.

Given that you have an enfatuation with said councillor, constantly commenting on his good dress sense, hair style and now how slim he is looking.

Mutton dressed as Lamb, mate. A real Tory would know how to spell infatuation, for one thing.

notinshadow

Hang on.. I wanted to vote Tory.. but it's pointless, so I will vote for this new crowd, even if down the line they press the self destruct buttom, they might be value for money in the mean time!

How good does my spelling need to be to vote Tory, if I only have to put a mark in the little square provided when I vote?

Come on Steve what was said? you can say on here, we won't tell anyone. ;)

The Shadow

Sorry Porky I didn't have the chance to go to a grammar school or have the luxury of being sent to Yarm school like Brash. You'll have to excuse my spelling.

I've since spoken to my friend and I'll tell you what was said.

Fred asked a question relating to the Manor Residents accounts. Mayor said HBC wouldn't investigate as it is not their job to do so, it is the charity commissions job.
CAB then pointed out that if the authors of this story had checked these "facts" with the CC they would have been told that the two documents are identical because of a mistake at their end which they will rectify.
SAB then stood up and suggested that if people put half as much effort into helping the voluntary organisations than they do trying to destroy them then a lot of good could be done in this town.

Ohh yes... Apparently PorkyL got very upset when SAB suggested that the rumours had been spread by a group of middle aged men who, at one point, fancied themselves as reporters but never made the cut so run this website to make them feel like someone.

steveL

Perhaps others that were there can help me out as I only really remember the bit about 'middle aged, failed journalists.' We were a few minutes late getting there and it took a few seconds for me to realise that what he was saying was directed at me. I was more amazed that Richardson was more concerned with stopping me from responding than pointing out to his labour colleague that he was well out of order.

But that's Labour for you, I guess. So far up their own arses that they've forgotten how a council is supposed to behave.

steveL

Quote from: The Shadow on April 13, 2012, 01: PM
Sorry Porky I didn't have the chance to go to a grammar school or have the luxury of being sent to Yarm school like Brash. You'll have to excuse my spelling.

I've since spoken to my friend and I'll tell you what was said.

Fred asked a question relating to the Manor Residents accounts. Mayor said HBC wouldn't investigate as it is not their job to do so, it is the charity commissions job.
CAB then pointed out that if the authors of this story had checked these "facts" with the CC they would have been told that the two documents are identical because of a mistake at their end which they will rectify.
SAB then stood up and suggested that if people put half as much effort into helping the voluntary organisations than they do trying to destroy them then a lot of good could be done in this town.

Ohh yes... Apparently PorkyL got very upset when SAB suggested that the rumours had been spread by a group of middle aged men who, at one point, fancied themselves as reporters but never made the cut so run this website to make them feel like someone.

LOL - give it up, man. Your 'friend' must have a hell of a memory to recount things to you by phone in such detail.

Yes, I remember what Christopher Akers-Belcher said and it's important that everyone does because someone connected to that organisation is going to end up going down for what's been happening.

I can tell you that we too are in discussion with the Charity Commission and Akers-Belcher's version of events is not quite accurate.  ;)

In case anyone hasn't noticed yet, the second year's accounts have been taken off the Charity Commission's website.