One Life

Started by not4me, April 12, 2012, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notinshadow

The fountain he struggled with this year.

He only wants some water for it!

The Shadow

Quote from: notinshadow on April 14, 2012, 11: AM

Also Shadow, how can you know at this point if P.H.F. does what it says on the tin?

Because they have 3 sitting councillors now.

notinshadow

Good point.

I think the wheel will come off down the line.

The Litte and large show will both want to be the cake instead of a slice of it!

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: The Shadow on April 14, 2012, 11: AM
Quote from: notinshadow on April 14, 2012, 11: AM

Also Shadow, how can you know at this point if P.H.F. does what it says on the tin?

Because they have 3 sitting councillors now.
A stressful time for the established parties..... and all their own doing, the Tories look like a tribute to the embalmers art, Labour have all the appeal of the Stepford Wives minus the personality and the Lib Dems have as much future as a caravan park on the Longscar Rocks at low tide.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Shepherd

Exceptionally well put R5 ;D ;D ;D

Vincent

R5 On what basis do you critisise the Liberal Democrats so harshly, I will be voting for them because of what Edna Wright and Arthur Preece have done done re the hospital services and what they are doing in Government.
I could never vote Tory and could never ever vote for this bunch of shameless Labour councillors.
Hartlepool Politics needs cleaning up - who will do it - The Lilly Gang - dont make me laugh   

mk1

Quote from: Vincent on April 15, 2012, 07: PM
Hartlepool Politics needs cleaning up - who will do it -

They would not listen,they did not know how. Perhaps they'll listen now?
I could have told you, Vincent, This world was never meant for one as beautiful as you.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: mk1 on April 15, 2012, 08: PM
Hartlepool Politics needs cleaning up - who will do it -

They would not listen,they did not know how. Perhaps they'll listen now?
I could have told you, Vincent, This world was never meant for one as beautiful as you.

;D ;D ;D - now I can't get the tune out of my mind!

notinshadow

I will be voting for them because of what Edna Wright and Arthur Preece have done done re the hospital services and what they are doing in Government.

"Don't make me laugh"

Isn't Arthur Preece about 84yrs old, so hardly in touch with what the people want.
More about copping his allowance and sticking his hand up when told.

Edna different story I eccept..

steveL

I don't think Arthur is standing this time around and although Edna deserves some credit over the hospital issue, I'm afraid she let Labour run rings around her on the 'no confidence' issue. Funnily enough, I think Arthur understood exactly what they were doing and Edna should have listened to him.

I wouldn't be disappointed if she won another term though - at least she was on the right side of the fence over the hospital.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

christine blakey

I am pleased to see that note has been taken regarding Edna.

She has asked some very good questions in HBC Full Council.

She has been sneered at and mocked for doing so.  Those who treat a person with contempt should be challenged.  It happens a lot.  It is a breach of the code of conduct, and if they suspend John Marshall, what is good for one, should be good for the others.

Arthur can make some effective speeches but he tries to intimidate people who are not in the click, so just as bad as takes us one step forward and two steps back.  We really need to get this Council in line.

notinshadow

Arthur Preece commiting to another 4 years would be in the lap of the gods.

The rest I agree with you on SteveL