One Life

Started by not4me, April 12, 2012, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

not4me

Stig of the Seaton Dump

They will be winning awards for providing a consistent service next.
I don't believe it.

fred c

My 7 months old grandson was unfortunate to have had a similar experience 3 or 4 weeks ago, as in this instance, Mother knows best & he to ended up at North Tees for further treatment.

It`s now becoming a regular occurence for a mis-diagnosis, to end up in a visit to North Tees, so much for a "State of the Art" health facility.

notinshadow

It might save One Life but put 100,000+ more at risk.

christine blakey

I have had excellent experiences with the staff at the One Life Centre.

Doctors and nurses extremely attentive and caring.  To me, when it gets to this level of complaints, 'it is better to be safe than sorry' should be adopted.

If they feel that there may be a need for hospital treatment, they should arrange it to ensure that these serious concerns do not flare up.

However, I feel that the experience of those with issues as noted in today's Mail should be heard.

At least if they use my positive experience, we could get a better benchmark of how the service should be run. 

Councillors should be demanding this.  Where are they?

dangerman

They have opened another sister company in Park road it's the past life centre. Mason & Martin!

notinshadow

I thought the past life center was the Civic chamber?

Stig of the Seaton Dump

If the service was still in the hospital then there would be no need to refer a patient on as they would already be there.

Mentioning Mason and Martin, Gerald Martin deserves an OBE for his amazing service and compassion both as a funeral director and a benefactor to the town.

Civic chamber ...is that like a vacuum chamber where sound defies the laws of physics.

One life is such as stupid name ...well I am off to take my cat to the 9 lives centre for it's booster, then off to the get a life centre for my self help group
and drop off a purse my daughter found at the life mean life police office and then pay my mortgage at the life sentence building society.

They should call a digging implement a spade and name it the health centre clinic.

I don't believe it.

steveL

One of the things I find about these cases - and there have been far too many - is the sterile responses of people like Ali Wilson and the 'spokesperson' from Assura (note the slight-handed shift of responsibility by the Hospital Trust to the private provider).

Both their statements appear to be standard responses which have probably been prepared in advance by some 'standard response' committee and consequently both are devoid of any trace of basic humanity.

I imagine the mother of this toddler would have been distraught at North Tees let alone at the Freeman yet the spokesman from Assura comes up with a pathetic Manuel respone "we know nothing"  - because an actual written complaint has yet to be received.

Buck passing at its finest.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Lucy Lass-Tick

The previous link to the Mail article has now been replaced by the following:

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/mum-s-one-life-fury-1-4439700

Shepherd

What really gets me angry is that every time someone has dodged the bullet, the same bullsh1t comments are made, by a representative on the band aid shop!

"Taking patients concerns seriously", how many times have I read that weasel worded response?

I feel so sorry for the medical staff, they are in the main professional and caring but they are working to a political remit and their hands are tied!

The people responsible are those people (and you know who you are, you sell outs) who have assisted in the closure of the A&E in Hartlepool, a town of 90,000, to suit the desires of people who do not have to live with the reality of not having an A&E.

Statistically someone will not dodge the bullet as a result of the 'real deal' A&E NOT being available and there will be a needles avoidable death, maybe a child! What then?

notinshadow

Then the blame game starts, they all pass the blame round and round, until it settles under the carpet.

Or these people could start a group and sue for damages!!

Lucy Lass-Tick

It seems that every day brings a new press expose of bungles within the NHS.  Today's shocker is that patients are being chucked out of their hospital beds between 11p.m. and 6.00 a.m. in order to admit a new patient.  What happens when the hospital is x miles away and the discharged patient has nobody at home for them, and doesn't have the equipment/medication at hand for immediate use?  I saw something similar when my late aunt (86 years old, with visual impairment, stroke damage and dementia) was sent out of hospital late on a winter evening without family knowledge or warning to her (new) nursing home - she was absolutely terrified. Seems like those on the front line are struggling to keep up, whilst managers pass bucks! The worst thing is that those who are least equipped to complain seem to be at the sharp end...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17685969

The Great Dictator

Gerald isn't a benefactor to the town. He works for the company that own Mason and Martin and has a budget to promote the company profile in which ever way he sees fit. He is a nice chap though and a very good funeral director..

Shepherd

T, Gerald is, as you say he is!

Unfortunately he will doubtless be servicing the need of families in requirement of his expert service, (yes he has attended to my own families need when the times have been darkest) with expertise and compassion, that maybe he should not have had to for many years because we have a 1st Aid station instead of an A&E.

If this one issue does not boil you p**s then nothing will.

Notinshadow, you have hit the nail on the head, thus proving that said 'p**s' will boil at an even higher temperature than H2O. Because that is exactly what these shysters will do. Mark my words, watch the Hartlepool Fail front pages as the hollow ringing, bullshitting words fall from the mouths of the guilty when it does happen!!!