Tall Ships: Best Event in England Tourism Awards?

Started by christine blakey, April 09, 2012, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MkI

Quote from: christine blakey on April 12, 2012, 01: PM
The Independent Evaluation is biased.

This site just gets funnier by the day.  ;D

christine blakey

How is the Independent Evaluation impartial?

notinshadow

Quote from: LOL@U on April 12, 2012, 01: PM
Quote from: christine blakey on April 12, 2012, 01: PM
The Independent Evaluation is biased.

This site just gets funnier by the day.  ;D

What's being said is true
If you don't agree lets have a debate about it LOL@U
You bring your bull***t, we will show you why what you are saying is bull***t.

Nothing personal

Come on then where are we starting??

christine blakey

There was a brilliant summary by SteveL some time ago which showed the expenditure FACTS.

This was the information that should have been made available to the assessors for any award.

Tourism awards are given for excellence as models of what is good and what should be repeated.

Accessibility and disability discrimination alone makes these less than favourable examples of tourism brilliance.

If anyone knows who nominated Hartlepool for this award, that would go some way to explain things.

Also who will be going to pick up the award and get the credit?

MkI

You could try starting with a dictionary, that might help you a little.

Stevef

Quote from: LOL@U on April 12, 2012, 03: PM
You could try starting with a dictionary, that might help you a little.

Surely you are not suggesting that because the report was called an Independent Evaluation, that it was "Independent".

I find it difficult to belive anyone is that naive.
You are what you do. It is what it does. Everything else is illusion or Delusion.

notinshadow

LOL@U

Spelling doesn't make or break a sound argument!!

Facts do, so lets look at them!!

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I think comparing Hartlepool to Newcastle would be a better comparison if it was Hartlepool to Gateshead.

People go to Newcastle because it is a great place, not because of the tall ships.
People don't go to Gateshead because it is like Hartlepool and is remembered as much for the flower festival as we are for the tall ships.

Certain things don't take a shine when polished.

I don't believe it.

notinshadow

So Newcastle for football and a night out.

Gateshead's a shithole, unless your into flowers petal.

Shepherd

Quote from: notinshadow on April 12, 2012, 04: PM
LOL@U

Spelling doesn't make or break a sound argument!!

Facts do, so lets look at them!!

Spot on! your never going to get 'her' into that argument!

As for Newcastle v (Hartlepool) Gateshead, I was a Engineering student there 20 years ago, its not even a argument worth the effort, and all I can say is that it was brilliant place to be.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Gateshead may be great but a thousand times more people know about Newcastle, it has the image that Hartlepool or HBC at least thought it would get by hosting the tall ships.

You can't buy history and reputation in a weekend.
I don't believe it.

christine blakey

Via clever and positive marketing, tourism for Gateshead has also increased with the sage, Baltic and other excellent Newcastle Gateshead campaigns.

When you talk Tall Ships, you have a vision of Newcastle.  Cost less.

This is a great camparison to put forward when trying to independently review the Hartlepool experience.

For those who are confident, why dont you send the tourism assessors a link to this forum.  If there is nothing to worry about, then there should be no issue in noting the concerns on this site as a source towards an assessment of tourism from the event?

The Shadow

I bet it you looked hard enough there would be neighsayers from the other towns/cities up for the award. Each with their own gripe as to why they thought the event in their town was poorly managed blah, blah, blah.

I am sure that if the people judging this award were interested in finding out how the tall ships event was really managed then they would have no trouble in doing so. I mean, you found it.

So I would suggest that you stop trying to scupper the towns chamces of actually picking something up for that expensive event. Because at the moment people are beginning to sound very selfish and obsessed with constantly talking this town down.

christine blakey

I am pleased that this forum allows people the chance to find out just how irresponsible Staff and Councillors are (not all of course, some really good people there), in wasting so much money.

HTH seems to be the only watching brief on these matters.  Although  do not agree with sarcastic names and hatred on a personal level, at least we can get the chance to warn those in power that the truth will come out, should you abuse your role, that you will be highlighted should you waste resources and make a fool of the town.

notinshadow

To a point I agree with Shadow.

What's done is done and can't be undone.

After spending £4m of other people money the council want something to show for it.