Monday's Public Meeting

Started by admin, November 12, 2014, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

I don't think you'll find many on this forum who disagree with much of what you've posted Kipperdip.

However, in terms of this comment you've made
QuoteThe people of Hartlepool have the solution in their hands, will they grasp the opportunities, that's the question?
, I assume you're professing that the solution is UKIP?

Dave, trust me, if you saw the full meeting in context last night and in particular the contribution from your PPC, you'd have already accepted that the 'UKIP bubble' in Hartlepool not so much 'popped' last night, it imploded spectacularly.

Mr Broughton displayed a level of political naivety which, in my view, put paid in a few sentences any slim hope he might have had of winning next May.

To totally misread the mood of a crowd, which anyone with any degree of political acumen at all should have been able to read with no problem whatsoever.

He'd been presented with an 'open goal' by Independents and PHF who, let us not forget, called the meeting.

But he made a complete hash of it in a room full of what are presumably some of the more politically aware and politically active people in the town.

His performance was compounded by some bizarre rambling from your councillors and overall the night was an absolute disaster for UKIP.

There is no trolling here by the way, that is 100% hand on heart my honest opinion.

I'm confident most people who were there, even UKIP supporters, would find it hard to disagree with me.

mk1

Quote from: DRiddle on November 25, 2014, 05: PM

His performance was compounded by some bizarre rambling from your councillors and overall the night was an absolute disaster for UKIP.

Did 'beanz' give em a good grilling?

How many times did 'Yourope' & 'Immigrants' get a mention?

Inspector Knacker

Foster says that Wynyard is on hold till after the election....... does he have a promise from any party that the hospital will get the go ahead off them post election....? ?......and if not....?

Wrighty campaigning to bring back services....yet Burnham plugging the Wynyard project....same party yet opposing views... do they talk and who told Burnham the project was popular with the public.....?

Just who exactly are hospitals run for.... the users or the clinicians...? Do we build police stations or fire stations out in the sticks because that's where the firefighters or police officers prefer it....?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

veggismiennicht

Does mr foster realise that his job as chief executive is to listen to the people who employ him the customer I WAS TOLD THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT IF NOT THE ALTERNATIVE IS.  M iddlesbrough sunderland I believe under gov rules you can choose where you go to be treated even tell paramedic or ambulance which A  & E you want

StellaL

mk1
Did 'beanz' give em a good grilling?
How many times did 'Yourope' & 'Immigrants' get a mention?

I am assuming you are referring to a UKIP member/councillor? If so, the answer is no.  I  could not make out or understand anything he was saying. At the time  he was standing with Broughton in the balcony at the back . DRiddle's post in this thread best describes the happening.

However, an observation concerning another person was noted. I was sat in the balcony and along with others observed a lady seated down below us in the upper tier. She would distract anyone within her vicinity whenever they voiced  their questions/complaints whilst encouraging them also to stop speaking/hogging the microphone. Myself and Keith Fisher  when speaking both received  the same treatment from her too.  When she herself had the microphone she gave a long drawn out account from a prepared script about the wonderful treatment and care a close family member had received. After her speech all who had witnessed her behaviour could only conclude, she was a plant!

Inspector Knacker

Fosters appearance on local TV on Tuesday showed to me the meeting was water off a ducks back to him...... he appeared totally unphased and dismissive.....you can see what you're up against.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Monkeys mate

Quote from: Riddler5 on November 25, 2014, 08: PM

Just who exactly are hospitals run for.... the users or the clinicians...? Do we build police stations or fire stations out in the sticks because that's where the firefighters or police officers prefer it....?

I agree with much of what you say but clearly I can't agree with everything. Clinicians saying where they believe a hospital should be isn't down to personal choice it's about a clinical opinion on service levels that can be given to patients. I do not believe that the public is always right - we all want a hospital nearby, in every town but that is impossible. How.many members of our council or public would be fighting and campaigning to return services to both hospitals if the decision was to move everything to Hartlepool? A lot of the arguments online are not about the negative effects of centralised services - they are about centralised is great as long as it's in the hospital I want in my town and we don't cate about the standard of service in a diluted system or anyone else's town

grim reaper

Monkey's mate; I agree with you up to a point. However, surely the ages of the hospitals should count for something?
Compared to the ugly monstrosity that is North Tees, our hospital is vastly superior.
And before Labour started the salami slicing of services (continued by the Tories), we were one of the top rated hospitals in the area, if not the UK.

Clinicians started to drift away when they realised the place was being dismantled, service by service.
Which is why the 'trust' states "We couldn't attract clinicians to Hartlepool".
Would YOU go to a hospital in its death throes?

As we already have one hell of a slog to go to 'James Cook', don't you think it would have been fairer to close North Tees and use a newer, cleaner, more modern hospital that is the University Hospital of Hartlepool?

Considering people from afar as Peterlee have to by-pass Hartlepool and carry on down the A19 to North Tees, I believe Hartlepool should have been the 'centralised' hospital of choice.
                            Not just because 'we want our own hospital'.

marky

testing times

"I am disappointed in the council's actions  because many councillors understand the logic  and reasons for the change and are simply  politically posturing. They have no power to  formally refer the trust to the Secretary of State.  I feel that expectations have been raised by this  action which will only lead to further  disappointment. "

oh Dear, that's going to go down well

beanzontoast

There were many questions brought to the trust from residents in the town hall many questions about the hospital had merit, however councillor Hind hit the nail on the head when he asked the trust, is the trust a smoke screen to throw the light away from the 3 major political party's, well of course it is  you just have to look at dates and ask questions relating to those dates think with your mind not with your heart. Here's a start can't go to far as correct dates aren't with me at the moment.  Here goes. In 2004 the leader of the Durham health board a mr. Jarred says within 10 years Hartlepool hospital will close, the same year the PM Tony Blair with John Reid Promises it will not close, remember 2005 was an election year and labour always their mantra the NHS is only safe in their hands, year and date dodgy here I think 2006 Ian Wright MP resigns from the government health panel, speculation on my part here but I believe he was told the labour party had no intention of building the hospital at Wynyard and he resigned  well you can see why, labour went all the way with this till the next election in 2010 at that time not only did labour  spend money the country didn't have, this is the deficit today, liam Burne labours sombody or other left a note on the coalition's desk to say sorry old chap but there's no more money left, obviously they lost the election at this time,  so the reasoning from Labour was the hospital at Wynyard was a capital project 660 million with PFI to build the torys hated PFI  and the country had no money remember they as labour well knew the coalition government would have to make cuts, so hospital would not be built labour would scream the torys hate the NHS, and if that didn't get them booted out at the next election the austerity cuts would and labour created the whole lot. Who says politics is boring, and the hospital puzzle isn't so hard to put together.

mk1

Quote from: beanzontoast on November 26, 2014, 01: PM
Who says politics is boring, and the hospital puzzle isn't so hard to put together.

I can not thank you enough. I now have a fantastic Christmas Puzzle.
It will take us hours to find a coherent argument or even the point of the above ramble.
The problem I forsee is that none of us may be able to crack it before New Year so could you please send me the solution via the PM function?

DRiddle

QuoteThere were many questions brought to the trust from residents in the town hall many questions about the hospital had merit, however councillor Hind hit the nail on the head when he asked the trust, is the trust a smoke screen to throw the light away from the 3 major political party's, well of course it is

I laughed a lot when I read that Tom. UKIP had a disaster on Monday night. Everyone there could see that.

The comments raised by you and George were largely irrelevant in relation to the reason we were all there.

In addition, my thoughts on your PPCs contribution are well documented already.

I think the recent bout of 'vocalism' from local UKIPs is probably down to the comments made by many (including me) on this forum about you fellas being too quiet.

In many respects I take it all back.

It's probably better if you say little or nothing at all. I suspect a gagging order will be on the cards from regional UKIP soon.

Probably for the best... ;)

DRiddle

What a surprise... of ALL the people who spoke on Monday, guess which 'member of the public' gets referenced in the letter from the trust?

QuoteWe actually heard an excellent example at the meeting of a lady who moved back into Hartlepool  to look after her father in the last years of his life. She paid tribute to the fantastic care her father  had from community staff and staff based in One Life Hartlepool who supported her father and the  family so he could stay at home and be cared for in the way he wanted at the end of his life. She  said there was never a need for her father to come to hospital, because the care and support he  received at home was so good. This is why we are working to improve services out of hospital  because, as people become older and perhaps more frail, they would prefer to stay at home  knowing that any problems can be picked up early and dealt with, without the need for a hospital  admission.

Looks like the public nailed it in seconds when there was repeated shouts of 'Plant!' as that woman read from her script.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: kipperdip on November 26, 2014, 01: PM
Just curious as to why suddenly the thread title changes from its original one to  "that's two fingers..............."?

Is there some logic to the change?

Each poster can make a temporary change to the thread title for that individual comment - for any future posts the title automatically reverts back to the original.