Monday's Public Meeting

Started by admin, November 12, 2014, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: notenoughsaid on November 19, 2014, 01: PM
   It puzzles me why tax payers money should be spent employing a set of night club/pub bouncers to keep order at a public meeting next door to the main police station?
It is done to intimidate. Foster and Co are hoping that having shaven-headed thugs standing  beside them will make people wary of tackling them. The added bonus is 'troublemakers' can be quickly silenced/removed when it gets too hot for them.
They picked the right firm if the intention is to cow.

fred c

Cleveland Police Officers have, on more than 1 occasion been invited by "Members Of The Mob" to call at the homes of members of the public...... I presume, to have a "Quiet Word".... I don`t know, I wasn`t at home at the time.

In fact the "Quiet Word" they had a with an Independent Councilor, resulted in him being arrested & kept in custody for 8 hours or so.

As for police & private security in attendance i would suggest that lots of people have the "Video Function" available on their phones.

If they QuangoTwats come under pressure i would think all it would take is a Nod & A Wink from Garvin, to get Plod or the Bouncers to drag away anyone who is prepared to stick their heads above the parapet.

I seem to remember that Garvin is a former "Senior Plod" with Cleveland Police............ and we all know exactly what Senior Officers of that particular outfit are capable of.

notenoughsaid

Reply to MK1.   I agree entirely about the calibre of the people to be employed,but I ask who is paying them.If it is the Trust them shame on them and in my mind it implys guilt they are accepting they are wrong and want to enforce
their point by use of  force to silence reasonable objection.   By the way Loved the word "cow"

Reply to FredC....I have followed this forum for several years and contribute when I feel neccessary.Sorry that you felt that you had to knock my suggestion that "plod" should be deployed due to a personal encounter of which I am
aware and feel was wrong.  Secondly I know GL and your views expressed in para. 2 of your post are the same as mine.Unneccessary.

I have no comment to make about video evidence except make sure you record the bad guys.   (On either side as two wrongs dont make a right).

You suggest that a "nod and  wink" from the quango (none of which I have any love for whatsoever) may stifle reasonable debate and result in a protester being ejected at their will,  is that not a good reason for "plod" to be present?

Finally Garvin was Ch.Supt in charge at  Hpool prior to being Dep.Chief Con. at Durham and finishing off as Chief Constable of West Yorks.  Why does he need a £50,000  pa. job for 20 hours a week work. No doubt he does more hours but nice work if you can get it.   No   hard feeling Fred but felt the need to say my piece.

fred c

Notenough........ being able to express your opinions are what this place is all about.... my apologies about Garvin being in CP i was mistaken, I thought he was.

Also i wasn`t hinting that a private security force would be preferable to the police, i would prefer the cops TBH, however given the instances quoted, & have had them knocking on my door at the behest of a local councilor.

The Nod & Wink point is that they could close the meeting whenever they come under pressure from the public.

I have been in attendance when members of the public have been threatended with being removed from the council chamber when things got a little to warm for The Mob.

steveL

I'm sure I saw something which had him saying that he wouldn't be going to this - anyways, he's changed his mind.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/health/local-health/mp-to-attend-meeting-on-hartlepool-hospital-1-6961333

I was wondering who is going to chair this meeting. A strong chair is essential if it's not going to descend into a slanging match. Under normal circumstances, the Chair of the Council would chair it but I would guess that SAB would be booed off stage.

Then there is his deputy, Mary Fleet - let's hope for Mary's sake this isn't so.

The deputy, deputy so to speak is Carl Richardson, the guy who 'forgot' to send the public questions to the Trust from the 'no confidence' meeting and didn't bother to inform the Trust of the outcome.

In short, it's not looking good. ::)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

testing times

Frankly, I don't see anything good coming out of this. The Trust management are just ticking boxes and have no intention of doing anything other that what they want to do. In addition, both Mr Wright and the council have shown themselves to be slithering worms over the whole issue. It will be a shouting match and will change nothing because no one is genuinely listening.

In some ways, I think we are where we are because of a single decision made a number of years ago which was to merge Hartlepool Hospital Trust with that of Stockton.

notenoughsaid

Sorry Fredc .....I should have made it clear, you are dead right.He started in Cleveland Police before getting on the senior officers merry go round. Just for the record.   Thanks.

titch

notenoughsaid,they havnt had doormen/bouncers for many years.

notenoughsaid

Regarding the non appearance of residents of Teesside I think the folks have got it wrong. They should have been there complaining of waiting times and over crowding,besides a host of other matters caused by combing the patients of two hospitals into one. They may think the are all right but in fact they too are being cheated. If they think the "Dream Hospital" will ever be built they need to wake up. They need to remember that Labour started this mess in the first place despite what Andy Burnham said recently   As for Foster and his comments the man is callously indifferent to the feelings of the pople who have lost their Hospital.

Shame on him and his allies.

StellaL

All but one of the comments  posted below the article stated  the  reason below:

Conservative Stockton South MP, James Wharton who welcomed the announcement for the plans to be put on hold, said: "I am not terribly surprised about nobody turning up because it was not advertised very much''."I think people who do care did not hear about the meeting''.

for fawkes sake

Last night's meeting appears briefly on Look North News. Mr Foster needs to be forced out in my opinion. I can't recall anything that he has said that has actually come true - the man is now devoid of all credibility.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

Norfolkinchance

Raymond was very quiet last night, perhaps he found it a struggle to add his two favourite words 'brown' and 'envelope' in the same sentence, given the nature of the meeting! 

pensionater

If its a done deal why are UKIP jumping on the bandwagon and why didn't you tell ur mate not to bother starting a facebook page.

not4me

"The 'debate' may go on, but until the electorate realises that they have been lied to consistently over this whole issue, the guilty will never be punished and justice will not be served and you will never see YOUR Hospital fully restored.

The people of Hartlepool have the solution in their hands, will they grasp the opportunities, that's the question?
"

Oh so you mean all we have to do is vote for UKIP and all the hospital services taken away from our hospital will return. Well that seems straight forward enough.