Private Eye

Started by Lord Elpus, April 04, 2012, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Elpus

Private Eye is worth a read this week.  Ms Wilcox and Cranney get a mention, in the Rotten Broughs article.

Seems strange the Mail have chosen to ignore the issue.

steveL

....and still nothing in the Hartlepool Mail. You'd think they'd be embarassed.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

The Great Dictator

This should be e-mailed to the nationals MK1 ?

Lord Elpus

I recall comments were requested from the towns leading politicians on this issue before it was put online, were any replies received from the great and glorious?

steveL

We got responses from Ray Wells and Stuart Drummond but not from Ged Hall or Arthur Preece. In all the chaos they haven't been published which is something that needs to be rectified
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Shepherd

The fact that the Mail has not even hinted at this speaks volumes!

Shepherd

If only this could be posted through every letterbox on the Manor?

Lucy Lass-Tick

It doesn't seem to matter what is actually happening in the town - the Mail still seems to offer the same old stories.  Should a Viking longboat be found in the dunes on the same day that Venusians land on Owton Manor, the paper would still headline centenarians' birthdays, the latest contestants for bacon pincher of the year plus stiffly-posed pictures of grinning Councillors/Mayor.

marky

Whichever way you look at it, it's nothing short of a scandal really that the local newspaper won't touch this. Whose pocket are they in, exactly?

The Great Dictator

This should be posted through every door in her ward, i'll put a tenner in the pot .

rabbit

"Whichever way you look at it, it's nothing short of a scandal really that the local newspaper won't touch this. Whose pocket are they in, exactly?"

As I said elsewhere the local rag would not wish to "rock the boat". It hasn`t got the funds to defend any possible legal case in the courts, if any article backfired on them.

The matter really has to be followed through the proper channels, ie, first of all through questions to the Charity Commission.

The Mail could do this in the background, before putting anything in print. There again we shouldn`t expect expect a "Woodward and Bernstein" to be employed in Hartlepool.

testing times

Not sure if I go along with that, really. The duplicate accounts are there for all to see and leave little room for interpretation. This aspect alone is worth a stand-alone story, surely?

I suspect that this whole story has only just scratched the surface of some of the things that are and have been going on in Hartlepool for far too long. Who knows what other things are out there?

marky

I wonder if the Echo or the Gazette pick it up now that it's been in PE

for fawkes sake

Strange to find that it had sold out when I tried to buy a copy. Is this a sign, I ask?
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."