colourful pathway at the civic center

Started by backsplash, April 30, 2012, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backsplash

who signs work off   i refer to the currently  on going work at the civic center   colourful pathway to the front door  firstly  someone told me it was going to be green and red in colour   it turns out to be gray or black and red  well the colour not the issue just thought i mention it   Its the workmanship poor in my opinion firstly  paths/walkways are flat  usually but this one appears to have waves under it  after walking up it a thought i was out at sea   Then theys the  metal strips  between the colours  bend  and damage  in places   very poor job in my opinion   

looks very nice but i think its a  waste of money 

notinshadow

Hi

What was the cost of the work there?
Was it around 180k?

Inspector Knacker

They could have saved the lot by closing it off and excluding those whose activities contributed to the problem originally.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I am sure it compliments the block paving they covered the road in outside the Civic ....oooops gone has it
...another pretty folly and waste of money that ended up in somebody's back pocket.
I wonder if they spent the money quicker than the block paving wore out.
I don't believe it.

brassed off monkey

£186,000 i believe it was, the worrying thing was the comment that accompanied that information, the building needs to be kept in good condition in case it needs to be sold.

Was that a prophecy ? are their any plans in the pipeline for a new "Civic Centre"?

Julie noted

New civic centre? I predict the police station will be moved into the civic (theirs is too cramped and the parking facilities poor) and a new civic centre will be built at.......wait for it......Wynyard!!  8)

It makes sense, by the time the mayor has his house finished there, the rest of the blood suckers will be ready to sign on the dotted line for their 4 bed detached abodes in the village.  :P

Bingo...no worries about A19 delays and hospital access....it's on their doorstep.  Cushty.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Another reason to lower the Scottish border to just take in Greatham ....that way we can be rid of all those self serving capitalists in Wynyard.

Failing that, moving the county Durham border for the same purpose would be nice.
I don't believe it.

Julie noted

Someone (privately) said I was silly making the comment about the civic centre moving to Wynyard.
She stated that the towns residents would have many problems of accessing the place to pay their council tax, see their cllrs., obtain 'passes' etc.

My darling, THAT is no different to the problems we are going to experience when 'the suits' and their lapdogs the cllrs., have our hospital built at Wynyard!  ::)

Then the penny dropped, inside her little blonde head!
(Just for the 'pc' crowd, she WAS blonde!).  ;)