Well, the day dawns.

Started by Inspector Knacker, May 06, 2021, 05: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: norfolkngoode on May 06, 2021, 08: PM

Dont forget we once had a Labour goverment minister as an MP, (he was useless and hopefully he'll be having a meltdown tonight) a Labour prime minister based 15 miles down the road and the North East littered with Labour ministers and MPs......
And for the life of me I cant see even with their combined power what they brought to the area...... Yeah I remember it was fxxk all.

They did close the general hospital though.
Ah, the hospital. I remember how they tried to sell the idea to us of taking away services to North Tees to give us a better service. Never could work that one out. But they kept a straight face when they said it.
If Williams loses do you reckon he'll hang about to fight to return services.... nah, me neither.😆
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

norfolkngoode

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 06, 2021, 09: PM
Quote from: norfolkngoode on May 06, 2021, 08: PM

Dont forget we once had a Labour goverment minister as an MP, (he was useless and hopefully he'll be having a meltdown tonight) a Labour prime minister based 15 miles down the road and the North East littered with Labour ministers and MPs......
And for the life of me I cant see even with their combined power what they brought to the area...... Yeah I remember it was fxxk all.

They did close the general hospital though.
Ah, the hospital. I remember how they tried to sell the idea to us of taking away services to North Tees to give us a better service. Never could work that one out. But they kept a straight face when they said it.
If Williams loses do you reckon he'll hang about to fight to return services.... nah, me neither.😆

Yeah he's  yet another Liebour loser....You wont see him for dust.
'They don't like it up em'

Lucy Lass-Tick

Or the next 'opportunity'? ...

eddy

Let it not be said democracy is dead, or people are unable to change their loyalties.  You are correct in my pessimism, its pretty frustrating to see the same ineffective approach be wheeled out again and again.  Although this is the fall out of many years of uselessness, I am not going to attempt to defend it because the arguments are pretty compelling

In a weird sort of way I am glad we lost because it may help to lance the boil that had grown, it probably wouldnt though, say what you want about the Torys they are masters of unity and re-invention.  Labour are way more concerned with throwing all that went before under a big red bus.   

I was being philosophical last night, mulling over the statement that having political loyalty is something that should be avoided, or that you are in someway being controlled or manipulated because you nail your colours to a mast.  Surely if everyone took the view of Mr Knacker there would be no party members, no one who would run for council / MP.  And by extension wouldnt the whole system fall down or become (even more) full of opportunists ?  You need at least some people who are loyal? 

I stand by my previous comment, I hope the hallowed pages of the 'Post are as tenacious and vocal holding all our elected representatives to account.  This is more what I am baiting my breath about actually     

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: eddy on May 07, 2021, 10: AM
Let it not be said democracy is dead, or people are unable to change their loyalties.  You are correct in my pessimism, its pretty frustrating to see the same ineffective approach be wheeled out again and again.  Although this is the fall out of many years of uselessness, I am not going to attempt to defend it because the arguments are pretty compelling

In a weird sort of way I am glad we lost because it may help to lance the boil that had grown, it probably wouldnt though, say what you want about the Torys they are masters of unity and re-invention.  Labour are way more concerned with throwing all that went before under a big red bus.   

I was being philosophical last night, mulling over the statement that having political loyalty is something that should be avoided, or that you are in someway being controlled or manipulated because you nail your colours to a mast.  Surely if everyone took the view of Mr Knacker there would be no party members, no one who would run for council / MP.  And by extension wouldnt the whole system fall down or become (even more) full of opportunists ?  You need at least some people who are loyal? 

Everyone doesn't take my view, it's my view, I'm not trying to impose it on anyone else. I'd actually like to see party politics excluded from local politics altogether and Councillors reside in the ward they represent.
We do need national political party's, but.... loyalty should not be at the cost of conscience. I hate to see politicians mouthing a party line they and we know is cobblers out of 'loyalty'. Labour failed in some ways yesterday because of the pantomime local politics had become in this town over the past 15 years.

I stand by my previous comment, I hope the hallowed pages of the 'Post are as tenacious and vocal holding all our elected representatives to account.  This is more what I am baiting my breath about actually   
Once again I have to point out that I will hold ANY party or politician to account, I am not bound to any of them, you assume too much about other people's intentions.... that said I ain't gonna start demanding results after a couple of months as some vested interests will.

akarjl2

I think you echo the thoughts of many here. Labour forgot about us for years. The Tories have an opportunity to do "Something" for the town they have one shot at it then Brexit/Covid etc will be in the past and next election they will be evaluated and called to account.

I am absolutely convinced Labour crashed and burned because they chose the wrong candidate with a toxic history of being involved in closing A and E then having the cheek to say he would bring it back. The minute they fielded Doctor Dolittle they had no chance no matter WHAT Labour spouted.

It was odd that this was never covered in the national press. The is election was lost as a result of an untrustworthy candidate being proposed.

Update - I am psychic.....

https://order-order.com/2021/05/07/dr-paul-williams-this-was-your-by-election/
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Inspector Knacker

Let's be brutally honest, Labour's defeat is the orphaned offspring of poor research/planning and the 'Dumpling Dictator's'  time in the Council chamber.
Hill's time as MP was like having Father Stone's brother elected and Williams choice as replacement was an affront to the electorate with his history.
It's been a while in coming.

akarjl2

In a nutshell = spot on.
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Inspector Knacker

While we may have our political differences, I respect your opinion, you put it across well.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 07, 2021, 12: PM
Let's be brutally honest, Labour's defeat is the orphaned offspring of poor research/planning and the 'Dumpling Dictator's'  time in the Council chamber.
Hill's time as MP was like having Father Stone's brother elected and Williams choice as replacement was an affront to the electorate with his history.

Williams didn't waste any time in going, though ... https://twitter.com/Tony_Diver/status/1390550151094280193?s=20

diSme

Well, I'm certainly no tory lover, and I am very dubious about the tory candidate that has been elected, however I am quite pleased that the cretinous doctor did not get in. That would have really boiled my p!ss....
I believe everything and nothing

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on May 07, 2021, 02: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 07, 2021, 12: PM

Williams didn't waste any time in going, though ... https://twitter.com/Tony_Diver/status/1390550151094280193?s=20
29.5 seconds from podium to driving away in red fiesta, surely a record!
I take it he's not going to stay on to fight the seat at the next election😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Lucy Lass-Tick

Inspector Knacker

The Labour Party is like a ship where the Captain orders the crew to prepare to leave port but nothing happens. They approach the Captain to ask where they're going to, but the Captain gives them  a vague answer. The ship sails off but it just goes around and around in circles with no destination in mind as the Captain still doesn't know where intends to go. The crew become even more dispirited as the ship continues to go round and round and round and round.... everyone gets dizzy and the ship goes nowhere.
I suspect the loyal crew need a new skipper.

Lucy Lass-Tick

A new skipper? Suspect that the job description's already circulating ... albeit on rice paper which can be swallowed should someone be found with it.