Well, the day dawns.

Started by Inspector Knacker, May 06, 2021, 05: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

How will it go, despite everything, you can never tell. The Labour voting electorate would be electing a candidate who actively planned the loss of our hospital services and voted 70+ times against Brexit despite the town voting 70% to leave. A more unelectable candidate I'd find hard to imagine for any voter. Yet that dogmatic, illogical loyalty to the party of the working man/ woman is misplaced. They're now the party of the campus, the 'enlightened' middle class,  the latest Islington dinner party trend in political oddities,...... the workers party has gone, the shell of the party is just that. These people have as much idea how the average person lives their lives as I have about the Bulgarian tax system.
The beliefs of their fathers and grandfathers in the party were well placed, but that was then, this is now and I bet they wouldn't touch this party with a barge pole. I fear however, that for a lot of people, voting is an automatic reflex, no real thought involved.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

eddy

I wouldnt worry about it, the Conservatives will win comfortably.     

And then the people on here will have to own their s**t, we all wait with baited breath to see the new sun lit uplands that await....   

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: eddy on May 06, 2021, 08: AM
That remains to be seen, but your defeatist attitude tells a story.

And then the people on here will have to own their s**t, we all wait with baited breath to see the new sun lit uplands that await....
Do remind of the sunlit uplands we experienced during the 60 years we had a succession of Labour MP's for....? We waited with baited breath under Labour for so long we turned blue...and now even the town might.
As for owning their own s**t, your lot never did, no one expected them to, a waste of time, so don't start calling for the responsibility your Party never showed, always someone else's fault. Nowt to do with me Guv, it's them Tories. ......If they didn't exist, you'd have to invent them

I ain't even a Tory, that's the irony.😂

akarjl2

the Conservatives will win comfortably. 

Hope so

QuoteAnd then the people on here will have to own their s**t

Mmmm.. are you SURE you are not an MK1 clone?

There is no way a failed Stockton MP who shut down A and E then claimed he was going to re open it was EVER going to get my vote - or the vote of anyone in the town with half a brain we would hope.
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Inspector Knacker

Makes me glad I never had a Party to tell me how to think. Remember the naive old days when most people voted Labour because they just did. Like all religions they promised a bright future that never seemed to materialise.
Looks like the electorate are taking a divergent path... but much more likely is Labour are galloping down a diverging path from the electorate.
Looks like the voters may decide not to hold on tight to what was yesterday.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Well, the eyes of the media are on Hartlepool. I've just declined a TV interview outside the polling station1

diSme

I am seriously considering abstaining completely from voting in this absolute shambles.

I see nobody worthy of my time, effort, and support....
I believe everything and nothing

Inspector Knacker

We were going out 6.15 this morning, clearing the bit of frost off the car when 2 cars pull up and disgorge a flock of Labour volunteers (of the under 20 variety) and pointed out by the leader of the pack which houses to target. 
What a sign of desperation. Most people have made their minds up on Election Day and putting a leaflet through the door is going to go down a treat if the dog goes berserk and wakes the house up. That would be popular.
Please tell me they weren't knocking on doors, nah, no ones that dumb.
We haven't been visited by Labour canvassers since Barclay came around with the Akers - Belchers . He opened the gate, knocked at the door and as I opened it he grunted something and thrust a pamphlet at me which I declined. He tried again and I asked him to close the gate on the way out.
He legged it over to his betters and they stood together as he pointed the house out. Never seen one since. Result.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: diSme on May 06, 2021, 02: PM
I am seriously considering abstaining completely from voting in this absolute shambles.

That's how Labour hang onto power, apathy. Stir things up and see what happens.

diSme

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 06, 2021, 02: PM
Quote from: diSme on May 06, 2021, 02: PM

That's how Labour hang onto power, apathy. Stir things up and see what happens.

If I do go and vote, it will be only to take votes away from candidates I dislike, not to support candidates that I like.

I'm mulling it over.....
I believe everything and nothing

Inspector Knacker

Exactly what I'm doing. I'll vote Tory because personally I cannot forgive Labour for either being so dumb or indifferent to local feeling they chose a candidate involved in the loss of services from the hospital.

akarjl2

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 06, 2021, 02: PM
Exactly what I'm doing. I'll vote Tory because personally I cannot forgive Labour for either being so dumb or indifferent to local feeling they chose a candidate involved in the loss of services from the hospital.

Same boat.. same logic. I will NOT support a wannabe who SHOULD be at the frontline of the war on COVID not sniffing after (laughs him self stupid) "safe" seats.

Time to throw a grenade in the mix and see where it gets us,
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Inspector Knacker

Fact is, if Super Doc gets elected what's he gonna do,  Starmer's  Jeeves?.
He'll have no power to do anything at all, just sit on the opposition benches nodding. No access to anything, because he's not in the party in power. Meanwhile back at the ranch he ain't gonna be the most popular person with a fair percentage of the electorate after his hospital antics and anti Brexit voting pattern.
We tried electing a scarecrow and that didn't work out well, now we're considering a political butterfly.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Starmer's Jeeves - too much responsibiity?

norfolkngoode

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 06, 2021, 10: AM
That remains to be seen, but your defeatist attitude tells a story.

Do remind of the sunlit uplands we experienced during the 60 years we had a succession of Labour MP's for....? We waited with baited breath under Labour for so long we turned blue...and now even the town might.
As for owning their own s**t, your lot never did, no one expected them to, a waste of time, so don't start calling for the responsibility your Party never showed, always someone else's fault. Nowt to do with me Guv, it's them Tories. ......If they didn't exist, you'd have to invent them

/quote]
I ain't even a Tory, that's the irony.😂
#

Dont forget we once had a Labour goverment minister as an MP, (he was useless and hopefully he'll be having a meltdown tonight) a Labour prime minister based 15 miles down the road and the North East littered with Labour ministers and MPs......
And for the life of me I cant see even with their combined power what they brought to the area...... Yeah I remember it was fxxk all.

They did close the general hospital though.
'They don't like it up em'