Council Meeting Video

Started by admin, March 01, 2017, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Does the little pipsqueak actually say.... The Big Tin Shed only cost £50k ?

akarjl

I find it extremely difficult to understand his mincing lissssp- god help anyone with hearing difficulties who attends meetings.

steveL

The still from the video shows the 2nd camera used to produce the almost useless TV pictures for the 3 TV's and would surely be a better choice to produce the video of proceedings instead of the camera which only shows the backs of councillors. Also, has anyone noticed how the Independent Councillors have been inadvertently cut out of the picture?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: steveL on March 02, 2017, 08: AM
has anyone noticed how the Independent Councillors have been inadvertently cut out of the picture?

So has SAB. He can be heard but not seen.

steveL

Yes, he's said the same thing before. I assume that he's saying that because of the use of reserves and borrowing that it's only actually cost £50,000. With that kind of logic, we can understand why his fish restaurant went tits up - well that and the fact that smarter restaurateurs don't serve up oven chips.

Ray Martin-Wells - Hartlepool's very own Ian Beale .
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

admin

Quote from: mk1 on March 02, 2017, 08: AM
has anyone noticed how the Independent Councillors have been inadvertently cut out of the picture?

Ne he's way over to the left next to Cranney and Wells

fred c

Quote from: mk1 on March 02, 2017, 08: AM

They got somethig right then.

Alnwickist

RAYMOND HENRY MARTIN-WELLS lets get his full name right .He spent years learning to write Raymond.

steveL

I prefer 'Poison Dwarf'. It's more succinct and far more descriptive.

Land Phil

I'll be honest, I watched the first 10 minutes and thought about calling the Samaritans to help me regain the will to live.
(Then I remembered they moved out of Hartlepool years ago.)

Foggy

The tributes to the outgoing Director of Public Health did go on a bit.  Nothing against the woman, as it sounds like she did a good job and was well liked, but I was worried at one point that everyone was going to have their say.  Thank god they didn't.

Incidentally, I wonder what the new Interim Director of Public Health (Dr. Paul something-something) made of the shenanigans.  He probably wondered what he hell he had walked into.

Regarding the seating arrangements...  While it is good we don't have to look at their smug faces all the time, I do miss seeing the incredulous looks on their faces when someone challenges them or says something they don't like.

One question.  If the footage taken from the camera at the front isn't used in the published video, what is the purpose of it?  I have visions of a giant printout of the public seating area in the Mayor's chamber with a load of darts stuck in it.

steveL

it feeds the tv screens which no one can see because they're so far away

mk1

Quote from: fred c on March 02, 2017, 10: AM
They got something right then.

Did you post that from Horden?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: steveL on March 02, 2017, 11: AM
I prefer 'Poison Dwarf'. It's more succinct and far more descriptive.
A fragrant gargoyle.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.