What's going on?

Started by DRiddle, November 06, 2019, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Tee_Ess_25er on December 09, 2019, 10: AM

Also imo, members here who start new posts solely to attack other members, lowest of the low whoever you are.
Please define 'attack'. I liked this board when it was about local matters,the town. I only came on to the local issues because I don't want to change the world, just the traffic lights. There are other categories where the topic of Brexit can be debated, but some people were talking to themselves about Brexit so bounced into here and bombarded us with their dogmatic and repetitive views insulting the intelligence of those who didn't agree. I've been on this board a few years now but never experienced the increase in patronising nonsense we've experienced since the election was announced.
I am not prepared to be patronised by self appointed experts and you shouldn't accept it either.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Johnny Bongo

What's going on indeed?  Another day...another delivery of election leaflets!  Labour MUST be VERY worried, as we've had 5 (five) from them.  Two from the Tory guy and one each from the Brexit gang, the Lib Dem's and the SLP.  Is this a record?  Our  posties must be fed up with all this junk mail.  Still, it's better than walking the streets!  ;D
There's talk of Corbyn resigning on Friday if Labour fail to get in! 

admin

Once we get this accursed election over and done with we may well see a bit more discipline enforced on here.

mk1

And right there is what I mean by polarisation, you assume I am voting for one party when I say I will never vote for another.  Nothing else really needs saying on that, point proven.

Anything less than rabid uncritical support for The Brexit Party means you are a terrorist supporting Marxist sympathiser.
Your card is marked..............

mk1

Quote from: admin on December 09, 2019, 12: PM
Once we get this accursed election over and done with we may well see a bit more discipline enforced on here.

I don't think so. The board history shows a recurring problem with extreme elements of  Political parties trying to infiltrate and dominate it. Its nothing new. UKIP tried it several times over the  years and then when Labour realised they were in real danger  they too tried to dominate, disrupt (Andy Simms) and silence The Post.
In my opinion what happened is  what was once considered an extreme view became more mainstream locally and then any  opposition to that view was attacked as the extreme position.

mk1

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on December 09, 2019, 12: PM
What's going on indeed?  Another day...another delivery of election leaflets!  Labour MUST be VERY worried, as we've had 5 (five) from them.  Two from the Tory guy and one each from the Brexit gang, the Lib Dem's and the SLP.  Is this a record?  Our  posties must be fed up with all this junk mail.  Still, it's better than walking the streets!  ;D

The last time Farage tried to replace the Tories it gifted the seat to Labour.

mk1

An article listing Farage's ineptitude and how he was completely owned by Boris.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/08/brexit-party-nigel-farage-life-support-general-election-campaign

Nigel Farage can still work a crowd but not standing in Tory seats was a gamble that looks to have failed

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on December 09, 2019, 01: PM
Quote from: admin on December 09, 2019, 12: PM

I don't think so. The board history shows a recurring problem with extreme elements of  Political parties trying to infiltrate and dominate it. Its nothing new. UKIP tried it several times over the  years and then when Labour realised they were in real danger  they too tried to dominate, disrupt (Andy Simms) and silence The Post.
In my opinion what happened is  what was once considered an extreme view became more mainstream locally and then any  opposition to that view was attacked as the extreme position.
The only people going to silence the Post are you.

mk1

In the last link I posted it is mentioned how one  crowd for Farage was so small they removed a couple of rows of chairs to make it look like it was  more popular. This  happens a lot to Nigel and by careful cropping he can give the impression he always  packs his venues. This from 2015 for example:

However a long-shot reveal the reality

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on December 09, 2019, 12: PM

And right there is what I mean by polarisation, you assume I am voting for one party when I say I will never vote for another.  Nothing else really needs saying on that, point proven.

Anything less than rabid uncritical support for The Brexit Party means you are a terrorist supporting Marxist sympathiser.
Your card is marked..............
Haven't you got a politburo meeting this afternoon at the Leon Trotsky Tea Rooms...?

Inspector Knacker

In the last link I posted it is mentioned how one  crowd for Farage was so small they removed a couple of rows of chairs to make it look like it was  more popular. This  happens a lot to Nigel and by careful cropping he can give the impression he always  packs his venues. This from 2015 for example:

However a long-shot reveal the reality

If it makes you happy keep churning your fan club pictures out.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on December 09, 2019, 12: PM

The last time Farage tried to replace the Tories it gifted the seat to Labour.

Technicolor yawn.... or a dockside omelette. Is that a chart of barbed wire production in Bulgaria with the names changed....?

Inspector Knacker

An article listing Farage's ineptitude and how he was completely owned by Boris.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/08/brexit-party-nigel-farage-life-support-general-election-campaign

Nigel Farage can still work a crowd but not standing in Tory seats was a gamble that looks to have failed
Who cares, I'm interested in just one seat.

mk1

mk1

Saw Carl huffin 'n puffin along Raby Road with a back-pack full of leaflets. It is all hands to the pumps. In the interest of balance checked all the surrounding streets but no sign of Tice or his army of Smurfs.