Not for those below the salt ...

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, August 15, 2018, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

Posted by a member on our Facebook page.

'The Lord Lieutenant of Durham, Sue Snowdon, is having her yearly dinner with the north East's civic dignitaries at the Borough Hall. CAB has decreed that HBC will pay for the event. The hall hire is £1,000, I believe plus fine dining catering - no Rifty crap here, hire of serving labour, etc. CAB claims it's a boost for the town. The reality is, it's a jolly boys outing for mayors, partners and hangers on.'

Any thoughts?'

kevplumb

Who is going to open the door for the great one   ::)

why should HBC pay we are nothing to do with Durham and it's a plastic post anyway a bit like beck being mayor  :o
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Stig of the Seaton Dump

This needs to be shared far and wide.
How to top the gold medals.

FFS We are a town filed with food banks and soup kitchens.
I don't believe it.

Johnny Bongo

I am under the impression that Hartlepool is, once again, part of County Durham.  I'd rather be part of Durham County than Cleveland!  That said, when Ms Snowdon sees and hears Dumb and Dumber, she'll probably relegate / relocate Hartlepool back to Cleveland , so that she NEVER has to see their ugly mugs again!  Will our Ceremonial Mayor be attending?  Drag along Mad Dog also and the guests will think it's a freak show!   

fred c

The town is in deep s**t and the powers that be decide to lash out on a Jolly for a variety of dignitaries, ffs, we aren't even in Durham....

Which cretin came up with this brainfart, there are at least 4 foodbanks / soup kitchens in the town and this lot come up with a feed the rich lash-up.

Inspector Knacker

I find nothing unusual about this at all.
Like a tribute act to Beau Brummell, our very own quintessential Dandys will surely revel in such surroundings, the town's resident Regency fops.
I imagine their outfits for this glamorous occasion will be synonymous with the fop tradition for those excessively concerned with their appearance to the point of ridiculousness.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

kevplumb

oh god, not the dog poo coloured suits again  :o

I can only think of three reasons why this is happening

1 the SCABS have totally lost the plot
2 they know the vultures are circling and said what the h*ll
3 its a vain attempt to curry favour for when the axe finally falls
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

jeffh

Quote from: kevplumb on August 16, 2018, 09: AM

It's definitely 3 - they've got to get in as much networking as they can before they fall from grace

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: kevplumb on August 16, 2018, 09: AM

Wait to see if a quick planning application goes in for a bunker beneath the Kremlin,  and with the enemy at the gate they can make a glorious last stand.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on August 16, 2018, 03: PM
Wait to see if a quick planning application goes in for a bunker beneath the Kremlin,  and with the enemy at the gate they can make a glorious last stand.

They will do the same as Dumbo and Wells. Take their money and run. They can not wait to get as far away as possible from those the claim to represent 'with a passion'.  A genteel retirement to one of the leafier parts of the country and I can imagine the curtain twitching when the Belcher clan turn up on visits. Property values will tank overnight!

Inspector Knacker

'Genteel' ? 🤪. No chance. They're attention seekers .
Even to the last seconds at the end of their abysmal reign, I suspect they'll still think it'll turn out nice in the end.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on August 16, 2018, 04: PM
'Genteel' ? 🤪. No chance. They're attention seekers .
Even to the last seconds at the end of their abysmal reign, I suspect they'll still think it'll turn out nice in the end.

Particularly if 'Masterchef' SAB gets mixed up between his George Foreman & George Formby ...

Inspector Knacker

Rumour has it his George Foreman is the industrial size  model that seats six.