abu quatada release

Started by Julie noted, November 12, 2012, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julie noted

So this piece of garbage is set to be released back into our society.  :o  >:(

yvette cooper is trying to scratch Teresa May's eyes out because she has failed to have him removed.
cooper, you obnoxious prat, it was your labour party that let him into our country in the first place!  >:(

It is labour that has let God knows how many hundreds of thousands in, ever since they got into power in '97.  :o

It was labour and blair that 'invented' the special immigration appeals commission (SIAC) that has just overturned the Govt's intention to throw him back to Jordan.

SIAC, another 'invention' by lawyers to keep other lawyers in business!

The day will come when their avowed intention of sharia law will become a reality. The lawers of this country will do all they can to assist them achieve it...for the appropriate fee, of course. >:(

oops; I've put this in the wrong section; ought to be 'National'.

Julie noted

kd;
I wonder if 'the usual suspects', in their sanctimoious tirade and abuse, stating I am against Muslims, note the fact I am voiciferous in my SUPPORT for Sultan Alam, a Muslim?
No, probably not.  ::)

Of course, they don't know about my social circle, which includes 3 Muslim doctors and 4 Muslim businessmen (and their wives).  8)

Which is why I do not (usually) reply to 'the usual suspects'.

rabbit

As an aside, I was curious about the name Abu.

Apparantly from Arabic tradition (perhaps not solely Islamic), it means Father of his first born son.

So Abu Fred would mean father of Fred.

Abu Qatada is not his birth name. According to tradition it would have been adopted/taken after the birth of his first born son Qatada.

His full name is Abu Qatada Omar ibn Mahmoud ibn Othman al-Filistini. The Mahmoud refers to his father`s personal name, and Othman that of his paternal grandfather, whereas al-Fiilistine refers to him as a Palestinan, as he was born in Bethlehem (which is a bit sad really).

I have not found a reference to his son Qatada. There is a reference though to Omar assuming the prefix Abu Qatada at some point in his life, and literally it means father of a hardwood tree. This latter statement has not been verified

SRMoore

Perseus, I believe the European Court of Human Rights has already given a judgement on this case that they are more than satisfied that Abu Quatada will NOT be subjected to torture and that during his trial no evidence that has been obtained through torture will be used against him.
That judgement came after a 'cast iron' memorandum between the UK and Jordanian governments.

All of these types of cases will have made Cherie Blair a pretty penny over the years. Any surprise Labour set this kangaroo court up? ;)

mk1

One point missed in the headlong rush to judgement.
Because of the Human Rights Act a despotic middle eastern Kingdom (Jordan)has changed its legal system to outlaw torture evidence. Surely a blessing even if in disguise!
Now if only Cameron would stop licking the  Saudi's ar*ses long enough to condem them for invading their neighbours.........

fred c

Britain has become the laughing stock of the world with decisions like this, we will reap what we have sown in the years to come.

There should be no if & no buts, if someone preaches harm to this country, they should be shown the door.

If during the 2nd world war we had 3 million Radical Fundementalist Germans living in Britain, could we have hoped to have prevailed in 1945 ?

I don`t think that Treason is acceptable.... & it certainly isn`t racist.... be it by kim philby, george blake, anthony blunt, abu hamza or abu quatada.

fred c

Perseus..... I made the comments i did with no inference on the religious beliefs of Abu Quatada, i hold the opinion that whoever holds extremist views of whatever persuasion, that may cause harm of suffering to the British people should be either incarcerated or expelled from this country.

Standing up to violent extremists is one of the most notable examples Britain has set to the world, but by not discussing & commenting on such people & such behaviour is foolish in the extreme.