Aaron Banks

Started by steveL, November 03, 2016, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Ukip in Trouble

" Beleaguered Ukip, which in the last four weeks lost a leader and saw two MEPs embroiled in a highly publicised brawl in Strasbourg, suffered yet another blow yesterday after its biggest donor, Aaron Banks, delivered a damning verdict on the four leadership candidates and warned that the party is facing extinction.

Mr Banks criticised the prospective leaders for a “ludicrous” policy of pushing the party toward the political centre-ground and also forecast that Mr Farage might have to be plucked from retirement yet again in order to stabilise the feuding party.
Ukip’s former deputy leader Paul Nuttal is the frontrunner to replace him as leader. He is competing with Suzanne Evans, its former deputy chairwoman, Peter Whittle, London Assembly member, and John Rees-Evans, a former parliamentary candidate.

Mr Banks said: “We’re struggling at the moment, there’s no point in denying it- I think I’ve backed some three different leaders in the space of three months. At the moment, I’m struggling with any of the candidates on offer.”
Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news/politics/nigel-farage-im-not-going-jungle-im-going-work-trump-white-house/"
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.