BREXIT

Started by Stevef, June 24, 2016, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: steveL on June 27, 2016, 07: AM
Various legal commentators seems to be saying that the Scottish Parliament won't be able to veto BREXIT but I'm not sure it matters because a second Scottish referendum was not only predictable but now looks to be inevitable.

The Scottish problem is a real problem for the UK. The Nuclear Sub  base there is pivotal to the UKs Nuclear Deterrent. If Scotland goes it will  certainly close it down the cost of building it in England would be  mind boggling.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: kipperdip on June 27, 2016, 05: PM
Still very curious why the site managers feel the need to change the thread title with virtually every posting BREXIT - Regrexit - Referendum.  Can someone explain the logic?
Similarly the thread titled 'Scottish Veto' seems to have vanished into thin air?

When an individual posts they can change the thread titles for their own contribution (as I've done above). It isn't the site managers who normally do this, but forum members.  Also, if you have a particular search phrase, just type it in the box at the top right hand corner, and results should be displayed.

mk1

England are definitely out of Europe. The latest Cod was has ended (like all the others ) with a victory for Iceland!

grim reaper

Kip, Kip, Kip. What you fail to realise is that we, the 70% of Hartlepudlians that voted out of the corrupt, profligate and ineffectual EU, are bong eyed racists. End of.  :P
Just accept the vitriolic diatribe from the losers on here and have a good nights sleep.  :D
You and I, along with the other 70% of people in this town, will never alter the views of the little Europeans on here.  8)

A while ago the Lord and Mighty (I believe) stated it is the EU that keeps us safe with its directives, such as safety checks and medical safety pronouncements.
Today we find that the EU has made mistakes on numerous issues, most of which they tried to cover up but thanks to our Press the info got out.
One was the PIPS breast implants. The EU checks on them were wrong.  :o

They passed stents which caused strokes in those using them.  :o

Metal upon metal hip implants caused chemicals to leach into the blood in patients.  :o

Financially they stated (along with the other back-stabbing bankers, ministers etc.) that the UK would go under if we didn't join the Euro.  :o

Are these people thick? Look at Greece, Spain, Italy, Portugal etc. all under the yoke of the EU and the clever tw*ts running it.
They should never be allowed to pour billions of Euros into countries that have no way of paying them back, which Merkel INSISTS they have to do.

What I do not understand is how the same people on here bang on about Cleveland County, Tees Valley Unlimited, Prescott's Regional Assembly...all of which take control away from us, (or would have) and into the hands of unelected nobodies...and we quite rightly kick off.
And yet, the same bong-eyed racists are happy to let un-elected nobodies from other countries rule our lives! Go figure.  ::)
By the way, have you seen the markets are recovering...strange that.
I'm pleased to be in the 70% camp.  ;D

mk1

Quote from: kipperdip on June 29, 2016, 05: PM
  The fact that it is through the selfless, untiring,  efforts of UKIP against overwhelming odds that the people of Britain were given this referendum in the first place.
Cameron only put this 'promise' in the 2015 Conservative manifesto  because he was s**tt**g his pants and  knew that UKIP were not only encroaching on Tory support nationwide, but even more emphatically into the traditional Labour Vote.
I don't think so. It was the Euro-sceptic wing of the Tory Party.    Farage was forced to form his own 'Out' group because no one wanted to share a platform with him. He is that toxic.

The EU have made it cystal clear in the last few days. No 'Norway' deal without free movement. The belief they would do anything to  keep us in has evaporated.

By the way its a bit rich being lectured by someone who has used the term 'White Christian' in his bong-eyed rants in an  old thread.