BREXIT

Started by Stevef, June 24, 2016, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akarjl

Quote from: akarjl on June 25, 2016, 05: PM
Quote from: marky on June 25, 2016, 10: AM
You're full of great ideas. Do you think London should stop subsidising the North East as well?

So how exactly would the remain gang have fixed our situation if the majority of the electorate were prepared to trust them?

Oh wait I forgot they got us into the situation in the first place.

I am beginning to think the best approach would be a dictatorship...scrap democracy. Mmmm maybe we Should have stayed in the EU.

Or

Let's join scotland move the border down to just South of York?

Been watching what's happening with this government petition. why are we not using this method to vote ? enter a national insurance number at a site, receive unlock code then use to vote.

It seems the postal vote system requiring physical effort only results in a 70% or so turn out. If the great British electorate could vote with their phones we might get a better result...even better make every vote a ticket in a election lottery.....wait that's what we have now.

Again solution seems to be scrap democracy let's have a good old fashioned dictator telling us what to do 8)

mk1

Quote from: akarjl on June 26, 2016, 06: AM

Been watching what's happening with this government petition. why are we not using this method to vote ? enter a national insurance number at a site, receive unlock code then use to vote.

It seems the postal vote system requiring physical effort only results in a 70% or so turn out. If the great British electorate could vote with their phones we might get a better result...even better make every vote a ticket in a election lottery.....wait that's what we have now.

Again solution seems to be scrap democracy let's have a good old fashioned dictator telling us what to do 8)

If it is good enough for UKIP................................

Nigel Farage is frustrated that the UK Independence Party has not changed the way it makes policy.

The leader of Ukip said that he wants to cut joining fees from £30 to £10, as well as let members vote online in order to determine policy.

http://www.cityam.com/238014/nigel-farage-says-hes-frustrated-by-ukip-policy-making-as-he-doesnt-have-power-to-make-change-himself

steveL

mm... Scottish Parliament has to consent to Brexit apparently and it doesn't look like it will happen.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

I'll sort the video out when I have the time but was fascinating to watch local UKIPPER John Arnott on the Sunday Politics back-tracking on immigration - no promise of reduced numbers now; it seems we're just going to focus on making a note of their names.  ;D ;D
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Comment today  by Anthony Beevor:

Although the Leave campaign tried to invoke the idea of traditional British values, it completely ignored the reality of British history.
Ever since the late 17th Century, we have relied on continental coalitions to oppose the over-mighty oppressor threatening the peace of Europe. Britain alone was never strong enough in manpower to confront a major power alone on land.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3660346/Who-protect-NATO-EU-Army-asks-historian-ANTONY-BEEVOR.html

Hmmm.........where have I heard that before?

Quote from: mk1 on June 25, 2016, 06: PM

I know history is a struggle for kippers but  Google 'balance of power' and see how for centuries Britain has striven to make sure no one  bloc becomes more powerful than her. By this decision that policy has been ditched and we will become very much the No 2 in Europe.

Hubris

I'll start this post titled 'referendum' with a little teaser.
Anyone want to have a stab at explaining the significance of a number?
It's 2.017
Any ideas?
Well it's the frequency of posts/day from mk1
3K odd since his first in 2012
Quite an impressive achievement. Trouble is in life there is often no correlation between quantity and quality.
Since discovering Hartlepool Post and realising how great it was to keep up to speed within the context of it's remit (to play the honest broker on the parlous state of our town's dysfunctional leadership) I was always an avid reader and even sometime poster.
However, recently I have become less and less and less inclined to even bother opening the site and view the latest offerings as it now seems to be just a never-ending, boring, predictable loop of mk1s ramblings that have little merit, little logic and even less insight.
Back to this post's title..... - as it's the number one theme in UK at this time, why don't we have a referendum? Open to all members to vote on the renaming of the site to :-  "Mk1 Post". .....because it might as well be!

Mk1, please put a sock in it. Stick to how we can all work together to make Hartlepool a better place.

akarjl

lol oh dear "he who hath nowt else to do"will now tell you your fortune and explain how everyone else has it wrong....best not call round for a week or so  :o

mk1

Quote from: Hubris on June 26, 2016, 09: PM
Stick to how we can all work together to make Hartlepool a better place.

I presume your underwear is in a twist because I link outside sources that show the lies told by UKIP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ktojE6WQA

mk1

Quote from: Hubris on June 26, 2016, 09: PM

Mk1, please put a sock in it.

I do hope you wont be offended (told a little lie there) if I ignore  your outburst. However as you appear to be computer illiterate I can point you to the ignore function in order to make your life less stressful.
Go to your profile and it is right at the bottom as 'buddies/ignore list.
I am sorry that my habit of linking to outside sources about the perils of (say) reducing taxation to a '10p rate by showing what happened in Flint Michigan when just such a low tax regime was introduced ( the poor were cut off from clean water and connected to a  water source so bad that even  local industry would not use it)  has upset you. I suspect you take pride  your  ignorance of events  outside of your immediate horizons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnDQFivtCd0

steveL

"No More Polish Vermin" cards distributed in Huntingdon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-36633388

Hubris

And there we go again. 2 posts within an hour of my attempt to try and get him to ease-off, stick to the point and re-focus on those two SCABS, school bully Cranney, poisoned dwarf Mad Dog et al, worming away at the integrity and well-being of our town, and mk1 wants to bang on and on and on ad nauseum about Farage and some garbage about water quality in Flint. Who in Hartlepool really gives a rat's ar** about brownish water in Michigan.

Focus on what's important!

Get a grip old boy!

steveL

Various legal commentators seems to be saying that the Scottish Parliament won't be able to veto BREXIT but I'm not sure it matters because a second Scottish referendum was not only predictable but now looks to be inevitable.

steveL

The bottom line is that it's a Scottish decision.

mk1

Quote from: kipperdip on June 27, 2016, 05: AM

So, isn't it strange that now we, as Britain, can resurrect (in time) our (Britain's) fishing industry,

Careful now, last time the UK tried to bully another nation over fishing she lost.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cod_Wars

mk1

Quote from: Hubris on June 27, 2016, 12: AM
And there we go again. 2 posts within an hour of my attempt to try and get him to ease-off,

Ooo er missus. Yer got me there. I fell right into your trap. Thats what happens when I (mistakenly) try and engage with a superior intellect.

stick to the point and re-focus on those two SCABS, school bully Cranney, poisoned dwarf Mad Dog et al, worming away at the integrity and well-being of our town,

Leaving aside the fact my efforts here against said group dwarf yours it seems to have escaped your attention that the lot of them have assumed a very low profile since the election. This is so unlike them that there must have been an intervention from  higher up. I suspect Labour North are stunned at the way they came close to losing and our shower of sh*te have been warned to keep a low profile.

and some garbage about water quality in Flint. Who in Hartlepool really gives a rat's ar** about brownish water in Michigan.

Focus on what's important!

Nothing is more important than exposing what happens when far-right parties trumpet huge tax reductions for the rich and big business. The consequences of such largess tend to  be felt by those at the bottom of the food chain. In Flint the Governor had to cut public spending in order to  provide more Corporate Welfare. He  saved $5 million by switching the poor black area from treated water to local river water. As a consequences huge amounts of lead were introduced into the system. Lead poisoning is very serious and can not be reversed.  The world needs to know that not only can your pension be stolen to provide a Multi millionaire with a second new yatch but your health can be taken  as well.