What is the truth about UKIP's comments?

Started by Mican, November 05, 2014, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: kipperdip on November 06, 2014, 08: AM
MK1 =Are there no depths to which you will not sink to defend the indefensible?

The Sunderland Labour councillor in question, Florence Anderson - concurred with the sentiment of inviting the IRA to have another attempt on Margaret Thatcher's life - a fact.  How removed from this is her uttering the words herself?

Context. Umbridge was taken because a Labour Councillor 'liked' a facebook post. Nothing more than a tick in a box.
The  link was made that 'liking' a post is exactly the same as agreeing 100% with everything in the 'liked ' post.

See :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2973998/Six-Ukip-candidates-links-racist-groups-Party-launches-probe-BNP-cartoon-stereotyping-minorities-posted-online.html

Where UKIP stalwarts 'liked' very racist sites/groups.

I.E

"Several (UKIP )candidates have 'liked' the pages of the English Defence League and Britain First, an ultra-Right BNP splinter group, on Ukip Facebook profiles which are being used to campaign for votes"

Michael Waddington, standing in Pendle, shared a post by Britain First, which is led by the BNP's former head of publicity.......................

Steve Wood, 54, Ukip's candidate for Bristol South, lists Britain First and also Infidels of Britain among his Facebook likes.................

Bexhill and Battle candidate Geoffrey Bastin, 69, 'liked' the EDL on Facebook..........

Steve Emmens, 49, standing in Norwich South, shared a post by Britain First – a far-Right splinter group of the British National Party..................

Blyth Valley candidate Barry Elliott, 48, shared a Facebook post from far-Right group Infidels of Britain"

Given that a mountain of  bile and hatred was directed at a Labour party member for this activity should we not have seen a blistering attack and repudiation of these vile racist right wing numpties by the UKIP crowd?

Double standards?

Other people recently in the news. Can anyone tell me why people like these two are attracted to Nigel Farage?

WiseOwl

The media are really scared  of UKIP, because they are a force for good!

In Henley, you could put a banana to stand for Tory, as long as it had a blue rosette, people would vote for it.

The media demonise Nigel Farage, and have only just realised that any publicity gets UKIP more support.

Look at UKIPs supposed percentage vote now, about 14%, and see what the true figure is come May 7th!
It is in the cosy establishments interest to play down UKIP, because when people look beyond the headlines they see a party which isn't part of the establishment clique like Libdems, Labour and the tories.
Hartlepool is the only town with per capita more empty shops than any other town or city in England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales: so what does that tell you about the sitting MP?
Fisheries have been massacred under the EU, because of quotas allowing catches to be wasted and thrown back to be eaten by scavengers: the EU allow anyone in to plunder our natural resources.
out of the EU, Britain would save £55 MILLION every DAY!
The EU has just demanded that Britain increase the Foreign Aid to despots and countries with space projects to the tune of £one Billion more every year!
UKIP would make free parking for every one for ever from savings out of getting out of Europe and only sending essential supplies NOT MONEY, as Foreign Aid!
The liars in the cosy establishment clique said;
no increase, in fact a massive cut for the cost of university to students...LIE!
we will get immigration down to single figures by the election 2015...LIE: it has tripled to 300,000 a year
we will clear all debt by election 2015...LIE: up from £850 to £1.5 TRILLION as of now!
Labour doesn't want to privatise the NH...LIE: PFI introduced by them will stay for a further 25 years. An example of Private Funding Initiative: changing a hospital light bulb... yep, light bulb cost £333!
Look around and smell the coffee before you let the clique in once more on May 7th.
If you don't vote, you're simply playing right into their hands!

grim reaper

Wiseowl; You forgot to mention the report from ONS;
Britain has exported MORE to the rest of the world than to Europe,  FOR THE 6TH MONTH IN A ROW!  :o
Never happened before and is an indication that the rhetoric 'without Europe our would be goosed'.

The EU is another out of control monster, a place of massive salaries and pensions for out of work MP's and ex ministers.
It has the same ethos as Cleveland County and the new 'Teesside combined'.  :(

It is a bottomless money pit that is allowed to 'trade' without reference to the law on annual accounts.
19 years without the accounts being ratified. An absolute scandal.

Our unemployment is falling yet Greece has a youth unemployment level of 56% and Spain is almost 57%.
Italy isn't much better with its youth unemployment at 44%.

Across the 'Eurozone' as a whole, unemployment of youth is at a 15 year high of 17.2 million!
Does that say the 'Eurozone' is working?
Yes,I know some of our jobs on offer are low paid but as my father once said, 'take the job', get into the work ethic, one job can lead to another'. And he was so right.

The EU is an abject failure and I only thank God we were not sucked in to its 'Euro' and kept our Sterling.
The EU is a massive con, run by spivs for themselves and causing chaos throughout the 'Eurozone'.

Signed 'little Englander'...to save the usual suspects writing it!

WiseOwl

Grim Reaper
Thank you.
If some of the electorate go for the same old con artists who promise the earth and say it was someone elses fault if they're cornered: there are some who "don't do politics" yet around the world and not least in Britain, many have struggled to get the vote and, yes, people have died trying to get what they...(don't do)
I didn't forget anything but there is only so much space on here.
On a recent cruise in November I was chatting to a Scot who used to have his own trawler, but the legislation from the EU slowly strangled his business so he sold out and the people who bought it went bust in 2 years!
The Spaniards have a field day with their unregulated nets, catching the young which should be allowed to mature and breed.
In Saltburn over the weekend, a man implored me to help save Hartlepool, but it takes people to do something for themselves to be the change.
Postal vote rigging is still allowed by one of the clique and explains in some votes why the turnout and percentage for them is so high.
We've even heard... where do you want me to put the cross... on the postal vote!
Gutter politics will continue if you don't vote or vote for the cheats and those scrambling for power like, well, all three of them!

mk1

Quote from: grim reaper on April 13, 2015, 11: AM

Our unemployment is falling yet Greece has a youth unemployment level of 56% and Spain is almost 57%.
Italy isn't much better with its youth unemployment at 44%.

What is the rate in Germany?

Yes,I know some of our jobs on offer are low paid but as my father once said, 'take the job', get into the work ethic, one job can lead to another'. And he was so right.

And I know someone (more than one as well) who is on his 5th 'temporary contract (no holiday pay and  sent home at a minutes notice, contract ended in November each year and taken back on in January etc)at a large local firm.
Was it not in the papers at the weekend that 11 billion  of taxpayers money is  being used every year to subsidise  TESCO  and ASDA profits?

The EU is a massive con, run by spivs for themselves and causing chaos throughout the 'Eurozone'.

Farage is a true spiv. Spent his time in  the City ducking and diving and was caught out shifting his money to the  'Eurozone' in his brothers name so he could avoid paying his income tax.

mk1

Quote from: WiseOwl on April 13, 2015, 09: AM
The media are really scared  of UKIP, because they are a force for good!

The media demonise Nigel Farage, and have only just realised that any publicity gets UKIP more support.
Farage is UKIP. I defy any non UKIP shill to name a single other party politician.
It is a good thing you believe 'any publicity is good publicity' because the amount of gaffes by UKIP candidates means all UKIP news is 'bad news'.
How many candidates have been booted out in the last month? Expense claims seems to be a UKIP weakness!

Quote from: WiseOwl on April 13, 2015, 09: AM
Look at UKIPs supposed percentage vote now, about 14%, and see what the true figure is come May 7th!

It will be as the polls predict. Fact is UKIP numbers have declined since the peak last year. The public just will not vote for you in the numbers you falsely claim to be your 'real' standing.  Get used to the fact.

Jim Gillespie

Quote from: DRiddle on November 06, 2014, 11: AM
I appreciate your vote. Although as I said earlier in another thread, myself and PHF need support within the chamber. Staying silent isn't an option in my view.

Cards on the table; my problem with PHF isn't just Brash, it's this unholy coalition of people who clearly don't like each other and have very different political views, all huddled together for numbers.  There are one or two decent individuals within PHF, but they are heavily outnumbered by people I personally wouldn't trust

Just look what a disaster the Tory/LibDem coalition has been; imagine the bun fights if the PHF mob simply replaced the Labour mob..............

Lucy Lass-Tick

Rehashing 5 month old quotes - have you taken up archaeology, Jim?  ???

steveL

Quote from: Jim Gillespie on April 13, 2015, 05: PM
Quote from: DRiddle on November 06, 2014, 11: AM
I appreciate your vote. Although as I said earlier in another thread, myself and PHF need support within the chamber. Staying silent isn't an option in my view.

Cards on the table; my problem with PHF isn't just Brash, it's this unholy coalition of people who clearly don't like each other and have very different political views, all huddled together for numbers.  There are one or two decent individuals within PHF, but they are heavily outnumbered by people I personally wouldn't trust

Just look what a disaster the Tory/LibDem coalition has been; imagine the bun fights if the PHF mob simply replaced the Labour mob..............

I'd be interested to know what evidence you have to support this. Looks to me that, in the absence of any other strategy,  you have adopted the tactic of  simply making things up. I know that you've been telling people to vote UKIP for months and that you hate Brashy, Wrighty and well, just about everyone actually, but I think you're going to have to come up with more than blind hatred and innuendo before you win anyone over.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.