A shabby, disgraceful pact on Foreign Aid by the Westminster ‘elite’

Started by Phil UKIP, September 17, 2014, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil UKIP

Last week the three tired old parties representing the Westminster consensus forced through Parliament a particularly shabby deal. The net effect of this deal is to divest British taxpayers of yet more of their money and distribute it across the globe as 'Foreign Aid'.

There is absolutely no mandate from the public for this increase – in fact there is scant support across the political spectrum for ANY foreign aid whatsoever – coming at a time when our own hard pressed taxpayers are under such pressure to make ends meet.

UKIP want to change this policy dramatically insisting that we should first solve our own problems with our own money before playing the role of 'Lady Bountiful' to the rest of the world. Front line, essential services should be prioritised areas of spending for our taxation – Armed Services, Health Services, Police, and border protection in Britain should receive our taxpayers money before countries like India who have a massive defence budget and even their own space programme.

This latest act of folly is further proof of the contempt the Westminster 'old gang' hold us in. The time has definitely come for a new broom to sweep through Parliament, one that listens to, and acts upon, the wishes of the people. UKIP is that party and come next May there is a great opportunity to get UKIP MP's into Westminster – I hope to be one of them.

Phillip Broughton, UKIP PPC, Hartlepool

for fawkes sake

Take a walk through Africa Phil and see if you can walk passed the kids dying from aids or just from drinking dirty water. If you can walk passed them, then you're not enough of a human being to be worth voting for; if you can't walk passed them and have to stop to help, then clearly you're in the wrong party anyway so I still can't vote for you.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

Mican

Tell the Africans to take a walk through Africa, see how many of them give a s**t as to the plight of their fellow countrymen, then pontificate to other people.

DRiddle

steveL

We're all Africans mate. It's just that some of us fall into the Sapiens branch of the family while others, the Neanderthals.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

SRMoore

The average UK taxpayer gives 20p per day to the poorest people in the world to help feed and vaccinate them against completely treatable diseases. UKIP's policy to cut that aid may be popular amongst certain demographics but it certainly wouldn't be right.

I for one am proud that the UK is the only G8 nation to hold true to the promise we made on foreign aid.

Mican

Quote from: steveL on September 26, 2014, 09: AM
We're all Africans mate. It's just that some of us fall into the Sapiens branch of the family while others, the Neanderthals.

Not sure what kind of an answer that is supposed to be, first time I have ever been called a "Neanderthal" something I wont forget.

I don't  know if you have been to Africa but I have and seen what happens to the charity money and overseas development aid, there are people out there creaming it off and becoming millionaires out of it, the black side of the family couldn't give a s**t about the ill, dying and deprived.  It's about time the holier than thou, know better than thou, bleeding hearts woke up and started to smell the coffee.

Mican

Quote from: SRMoore on September 26, 2014, 10: AM
The average UK taxpayer gives 20p per day to the poorest people in the world to help feed and vaccinate them against completely treatable diseases. UKIP's policy to cut that aid may be popular amongst certain demographics but it certainly wouldn't be right.

I for one am proud that the UK is the only G8 nation to hold true to the promise we made on foreign aid.

I suppose you are also proud of the fact that the UK is playing the Green issue, closing down the coal fired power stations and the jobs that go with them, while the rest of the G8 are building more coal powered power stations, good old Britain leading the way as usual regardless of the cost and consequences, someone else who needs to start smelling the coffe.  Right now I am proud to be one of the "Neanderthal and Demographic" group who put their charity money where it does best, Macmillan Nurses, Hartlepool Hospice and Childrens Cancer, or are these to be forgotten in the quest for a halo?

grim reaper

Mican, you're pis*ing against the wind.  :(
We don't have a fully functioning hospital 'because we can't afford it'.
Hospital nurseries close 'because we can't afford it'.
Cancer drugs are limited to certain parts of the country 'because we can't afford it'.
Operations for many conditions are refused 'because we can't afford it'. University fees rise 'because we can't afford it'.
The list goes on and on.

At the same time, we send billions of pounds abroad to corrupt countries;
to countries that state they don't require it;
to countries that would stab us in the back as soon as look at us.
But hey, it makes us feel good to be so easy-going with hard-pressed tax payers money.
So lets just continue with the largesse and let them eat cake.

And yet, so many pundits have stated that by throwing money at these countries, they will never learn to fend for themselves.
It is totally self-defeating.

It is a mirror image of this country and those that stay on benefits as a 'lifestyle' choice.
Keep giving them the money and they will keep accepting it.
Stop the flow of cash and they will start to look for employment.
If jobs are NOT there at all, that is a different matter.

It is so easy to give away other people's money.
Try assisting people in the UK first, as far too many are dying through neglect and refusal of drugs and services.

Mican

Thank you for joing the "Neanderthal and Demographic" club.  Secratary or Treasurer?

grim reaper

Mican; Can I be the facilitator? I ALWAYS wanted to be one.
I don't know what it means or what they do but it must be good, HBC employs dozens of them!
By the way, did you notice the country that's in penury and therefore we hand MILLIONS of pounds each year, (India) has just launched a 'cheap' rocket to Mars?
It only cost a measly few million...I wonder how many of their starving citizens that 'measly few million' could have fed?

And remember, it isn't just us pouring money into India, many other countries give them 'hand outs'.
No the wonder they keep assassinating their leaders, they can't wait to get their noses into the vast trough!
It's sad for the folks of India but also sad for the Neanderthals of the UK.

Mican

Perhaps we can both be one, regarding your comments on India, I have yet to hear any kind of explanation as to why they recieve so much aid.  Perhaps one of the Angels of the North can enlighten us.