Britain should not be the world policeman

Started by Phil UKIP, June 25, 2014, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil UKIP

We live in a dangerous world and our armed forces should be in a position to protect this country. Britain should stop trying to be the world policeman, we haven't got the military resources or the political will to do so. The British People are rightly fed up of Britain always having to get involved in everything. I think the former Prime Minister Tony Blair has lost the plot by calling for invention in Iraq and in other countries we can't and shouldn't intervene in Iraq or elsewhere. We can't solve every problem in the world. We need to stop getting involved in endless foreign wars.

We shouldn't be getting involved in every problem in the world. Our approach should be strong defence and cautious foreign policy. We should fund our armed forces properly and the cutting of our army by 20,000 troops was a stupid and disgraceful act by the current government. We must have a cautious foreign policy and stay out of military adventures. Instead we should defend our own territory and interests. If I'm elected to be the next MP for Hartlepool next year I'll vote in parliament to increase our armed forces but I will also vote against foreign wars that are not in Britain's national interest.     

Phillip Broughton Hartlepool PPC for the 2015 General Election

grim reaper

Phillip, fine sentiments regarding this country assisting in death & destruction in foreign climes.
However, I think you will find that your input into actions on the world stage will be next to zero as a Hartlepool MP.  ???

What we want/need to hear from you is what you intend to do for HARTLEPOOL and its people.
How can you raise its profile?
How can you help in bringing jobs to the town?
What initiatives to cut down on crime and anti-social behavior?
Would you raise the unlawful/questionable antics of this towns 'rulers' in Parliament?
What would you do to assist in securing an A & E hospital IN Hartlepool?

These and many more are what we want to hear from you in the first instance. You have to walk before you can run, so concentrate on local matters, it's the only way to win over local voters.
By the way, this is not gratuitous 'back-stabbing'; we need to be rid of our impotent MP, the job could be yours if you walk the walk and talk the talk!

Pardon my presumptuousness but you could start by giving talks in pubs/clubs/libraries/halls across Hartlepool.
We need to SEE and HEAR you long before voting day.
However, just don't turn up in a wrestlers leotard!  ;)  ;)
Good luck.

DRiddle

When he speaks at the public meetings will he be wearing a lucha libre mask? or will we be able to see his face?

I think the kid has a chance IF he faces Wright largely un-opposed. If there are indy's, (which I'm told there will be) the vote will be split and Wright will win.

grim reaper

Kip: not harsh at all.
As you are well aware, politics is a rough game...I'm simply pointing out what I want to hear from him, not what the 9:00 news tells me.
I am with him all of the way but the people of of this town will take some convincing to swap from 'my daddy voted' to a sensible 2014 vote.

He's my ward councillor and I may have one or two aspects for him to deal with in the near future!!

Phillip, we need a change, just don't drop the ball.

Phil UKIP

You'll be hearing from me lots over the next year, don't worry about that on all the topics. Also I'm knocking doors and will be arranging public meetings where people can come along listen to what I have to say and ask me questions. Thanks. Phil.