£1000 to employ a foreign worker.

Started by Ryehill, July 27, 2013, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryehill

The revelation that British companies are being offered a £1000 incentive to employ a foreign worker must be causing many of our 2.5 million unemployed a great deal of frustration. Whatever your views on the E.U. and free movement of labour  the scheme discriminates against British unemployed .
                 If such a scheme were extended to include British unemployed, thus removing the accusations of discrimination, it could have an  impact on Hartlepool's unemployment figures, particularly in the 18 to 24 age group.

pensionater

Surely it also works the other way,i.e. if a Brit wants to take up a job in Europe.Never read the statement myself ,but wouldn't have thought they would be able to discriminate against young Brits.Then again English teens have to pay the full university fees in there own country when others, including foreigners don't.So nothing much surprises me any more.

mk1

Quote from: pensionater on July 28, 2013, 05: PM
Surely it also works the other way,i.e. if a Brit wants to take up a job in Europe.

Hey what are you doing trying to introduce common sense into UKIP's 'dog whistle' campaign?

As with  the local election the aim is  to get UKIP publicity.

Old news but revealing:

We never tire of telling members how important it is to get
letters with the UKIP name into the local press
, but
Hartlepool has really gone to town. Branch chairman Eric
Wilson tells me that over the last fourteen months their Press
Officer Dave Pascoe has managed to get over 130 letters
published in various local newspapers, an achievement which
seems to have totally silenced the local Europhiles. Well
done Dave!

pensionater

Common sense UKIP same sentence,does not compute.People need to be aware of the real reasons Farage wants us out of Europe,get rid of labour laws,trash health and safety,do away with TUPE,which means the end of the minimum wage,no paid sick leave or holidays and reduction in taxes for the well off.

Ryehill

On a different thread S.Allison summed up the problems a new political party has in getting its message across. Ten years ago U.K.I.P. were in that position so they used every means to get known. Letters to the local papers was just one ,cost effective way,of achieving that aim. Fighting local elections was another. None of the methods used were illegal nor were they original. The S.N.P. used these methods in the 60's  with great success. So Mk1 ,what was the point of your post?
        I think Pensionater is just playing the Devil's Advocate or I have missed something. Any party proposing the measures he attributes to U.K.I.P. would be obliterated at the ballot box.  What U.K.I.P. is proposing are common sense solutions to 21st. century problems. I suggest that Pensionater read U.K.I.P's manifesto. He might not agree with it but at least he will be informed.
       Going back to the thread ,there are 1.4 million job vacancies being advertised in the E.U. 800k of these vacancies are in the U.K. more than the rest of the E.U. put together. There could be a number of reasons for this one being that, economically, the U.K. is leaving the rest of the E.U. behind or the other countries are bending the rules by not advertising job vacancies throughout the E.U.

mk1

Quote from: Ryehill on July 29, 2013, 12: PM

So Mk1 ,what was the point of your post?

The point is that UKIP are just another devious corrupt political party.

mk1

Quote from: Ryehill on July 29, 2013, 12: PM
       Any party proposing the measures he attributes to U.K.I.P. would be obliterated at the ballot box. 

So you agree with this then:

"UKIP would put an end to most legislation regarding matters such as weekly working hours, holidays ... overtime, redundancy or sick pay etc. and provide a statutory, standard, very short employment contract template ... those employers who offer relatively generous terms would be able to use this in their advertising and might be able to attract better candidates or pay slightly lower salaries, and the reverse would apply to employers who demand longer working hours, or offer fewer holidays or fewer days' sick pay etc."