Morris saddos...........

Started by mk1, January 10, 2017, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: akarjl on January 10, 2017, 05: PM
Quote from: mk1 on January 10, 2017, 05: PM
Black Pete in Holland is exactly the same. A 'centuries old' tradition started in 1850.

I think you mean "Zwarte Piet".....as usual you are somewhat selective when producing supporting "facts"

"In medieval iconography, Saint Nicholas is sometimes presented as taming a chained devil, who may or may not be black. Although no hint of a devil, servant, or any other human or human-like fixed companion to the Saint is found in visual and textual sources from the Netherlands from the 16th until the 19th century,[12] Zwarte Piet and his equivalents in Germanic Europe, according to a long-standing theory,[13] originally represented such an enslaved devil, forced to assist his captor. This chained and fire-scorched devil may have re-emerged as a black human in the early 19th-century Netherlands"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zwarte_Piet

You had to look him up. I already knew about him.

Note the marked bits in your 'killer riposte' and the disturbing realisation you seem to equate 'devil' with 'black human'.

mk1

akarjl

Having gone to school in Holland, speaking Dutch and having worked on Dutch ships I was familiar with zwarte piet......

You tend to harvest support that fits your odd view of life from various locations on the internet. Piet goes back a long time👍

let me guess you hate references to the Black Country and baba black sheep is a real no go area? You really should focus on more important things than Morris Dancing and Zwarte Piet :)

mk1

Quote from: akarjl on January 10, 2017, 06: PM
Having gone to school in Holland, speaking Dutch and having worked on Dutch ships I was familiar with zwarte piet......

Don't forget you have been to Karachi and are also an expert on Pakistan.

I had a Swiss Roll this afternoon and  a Viennese Cardinal Slice afterwards. You can now ask me anything about  the Helvetic Republic. and the Battle Of Austerlitz because that qualifies as the resident expert on Switzerland and The  Austrian Empire.
Hey it worked that way for you.

I dread the upcoming 'some of my best friends are black' sorry I mean  sommige van mijn beste vrienden zijn zwart

mk1

Quote from: akarjl on January 10, 2017, 06: PM

You tend to harvest support that fits your odd view of life from various locations on the internet.

So sayeth the man who posted  pages from Wiki!

akarjl

Yep been to many countries and lived in quiet a few= real life experiences as opposed to something I read/heard/ saw on line or on the TV. How many countries have you lived in?

mk1

Quote from: akarjl on January 10, 2017, 08: PM
Yep been to many countries and lived in quiet a few= real life experiences as opposed to something I read/heard/ saw on line or on the TV.

Talking of TV here is a song I know you will like.

https://youtu.be/n5D2NRYKSaE?t=25s

And one for Lord Elpus to remind him of his time in the cells

https://youtu.be/tcciaRU6hdE?t=2m50s