Exhaustion hits the Tory Battle bus

Started by WiseOwl, April 24, 2015, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiseOwl

According to Andrew Neil he was told by a Tory donor,
"Tory campaign useless. Cameron's heart not in it. Not looking good".
This was confirmed moments later by Tory commentator Tim Montgomerie who said that, "Cameron has wanted out for a while. He has just wanted to go out on some sort of high and hasn't been able to find that high."

UKIP Leader Nigel Farage said:
"Reports that senior Tory donors are suggesting that the Conservative Party campaign is in disarray are of no surprise to me.

"Mr Cameron has failed to capture the imagination of the electorate with his party's empty promises, and he has focused almost entirely on negative, American-style campaigning.

"In fact, on the back of Mr Cameron begging for UKIP voters to vote for his party, what we are seeing is quite the opposite. Voters appear to be increasingly impressed with UKIP's costed manifesto, including independently audited proposals on controlling immigration, increased funding for our NHS, and bringing forward a free and fair referendum on European Union membership.

"As this election campaign draws to a close, I would be unsurprised to see UKIP's vote share increase, and I am increasingly bullish on the positive impact we can make on May 7th."

UKIP Deputy Leader Paul Nuttall added: "Reports that senior Tory figures are suggesting that the Conservative Party campaign is in disarray are of no surprise to me.

"Cameron has failed to convince the electorate with his party's pledges. Nothing the Conservative Party has said convinces me they have a clear plan for the future. Their proposals on the NHS are not fully costed and their figures are seemingly plucked from thin air.

"He has failed miserably in his promises on immigration and if current election figures are to be believed his Party will find it nigh on impossible to form a government after May 7th.

"Cameron has already stated he will not run for a third term and it seems some are suggesting his departure could be earlier".

WiseOwl

Sometimes knowing the truth shocks us out of our previous beliefs.
Makes us feel that we've been used and lied to for so long, and the brass face on these politicians beggars belief as they ask us to vote for them again