Age has not been kind to them..............

Started by mk1, April 12, 2012, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

notinshadow

Likely lad and Man about the House my grandmother said..

Robins Nest also

Lucy Lass-Tick

Recognise the first one as Rodney Bewes - they both look as if life has been hard!

mk1

The women seem to stay fitter but if I did not know who the following was I never would have recognised her............

mk1

Lucy Lass-Tick

mk1

Penny Warrender and Vince Pinner

Jan and Paul

Penny Warrender: [tenderly and seductively] I used to dream about you. I used to dream about your body.
Vince Pinner: [surprised] Did you?
Penny Warrender: [laughing] I used to dream the police came round and asked me to identify it!

Norman Warrender: Darling, think back to when we were younger. Now, I can still remember our first time.
Daphne Warrender: Amazing, Norman. I can hardly remember the last time.

Vince Pinner: Pen, what I have to say isn't going to be easy. So would you just for this once allow me to speak without interrupting? You see, Pen...
Penny Warrender: What do you mean interrupting? I never interrupt.
Vince Pinner: No. I must be thinking of someone else.
Penny Warrender: Yes, you must.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcIERB9R2No&feature=relmfu

notenoughsaid

Not quite related although similar in humour.   This weekend  I was reminded  of a question asked by Caroline Ahern in the role of Mrs.Merton ) of Debbie Magee,wife of the magician).
"What actually attracted you to MILLIONAIRE Paul Daniels.?    Priceless.!!!!!   

notenoughsaid

Nice one KD...Without trying to push my luck I recall seeing Delia Smith making her famous "on pitch"rant to encourage the Norwich fans to back the team.  She  appeared to have enjoyed too much of the half time hospitality!!!   At the time George Best was a pundit on Soccer Saturday  with Jeff Stelling. George made a briliant comment "Too much cooking Sherry "  As they say "It takes one to know one."   No disrespect to the late George as I thought he was brilliant.   A victim of his own success alas.

notenoughsaid

To KD ....it is without regret I have to admit to remembering the blunder by Johnny as he closed the show.It is on a par with the comments of the great ""johno" (Brian Johnston) cricket pundit  regarding who was batting and who was bowling, the two named being (surnames ) batsman,Holding the bowlers Willey.Classic beyond doubt.!!!...I loved the cricket on the radio and still dont  know how the No.42 bus passing the Oval/Lords made a profit without anybody on it!!!  And once again thanks  to MrsXXX from Scunthorpe for the delightful cake.!!!!Happy days. Best butt out before Admin call time and accuse us of forming a forum within a forum,a bit like the  the situation within the council with the Manor etc.Thanks for the Craic.Take care.

notenoughsaid

Further to the above post,which I have just checked, I notice the the spelling of the town named has been altered to show two asterisks, this must be built into the website.I would just like to say that the town chosen.. was purely at random and in no way did I intend to be rude.  Always hated word in any event.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Oh dear...sounds like someone could do with a sense of humour transplant...it's a pun, Perseus - not a social observation. In my mind, the day that light comments on the darker side of humanity (even though some may question their taste) are barred is the day when people lose their sense of balance. Dark humour is what helps doctors, nurses, paramedics and soldiers etc. cope with what they have to deal with - it's an earthing mechanism!

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: perseus on May 12, 2012, 12: PM
Agreed Lucy, however it was just years out of date, slightly homophobic and s**t. Bit like UKIP. . .

Wrong thread - or is it just the tiniest bit of an obsession creeping in?  ???

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: perseus on May 12, 2012, 01: PM
Haha. Fair point. . .

Absolution granted - mind you, that's strictly on a one-off basis... 8)