Deoxyribonucleic Acid

Started by Julie noted, May 02, 2012, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julie noted

Yeah, DNA. the panacea for all police investigations.
A trace of DNA and.......you're nicked my son.

In the news about the guy in the holdall, it is reported that there is DNA, other than the bag owner, on the zip and handle of the bag, but too small a quantity to make it 'traceable'.
I have long harboured fears about the reliance of the police on DNA results...undoubtedly a move forward in investigations but must still be viewed in the 'bigger picture' and not solely.
What if one of the guys friends had carried the holdall at some stage and left a traceable quantity of DNA on the bag?
How would the police react to him?
05:00 dawn raid and into the cells for 8 hours (loosening up process) and then intense questioning for days.
I worry that if that is all they have to go on..............................Hmmm, food for thought.

notinshadow

Odd he is packed into a holdall when he was leaving MI6 to go back to GCHQ.. did MI6 pack his bag for him and see him on his way?

All a bit naughty looking isn't it.

marky

congratulations Julie - you are this month's spelling champion. You win a cake  ;D

notenoughsaid

Just for info.and to add to Julie Noteds  apparent interview technique I saw a lovely cartoon in the Sunday paper a few weeks ago.  It was just days after the police announced all officers would have to undertake a fitness test  every couple of years. It was set in an interview room situation with the suspect sat on a chair in the middle. He was accompanied a very large,portly officer and a very thin one. On realising what was about to happen he blurtted out "Oh no!!!.Not the FAT cop,Thin cop routine" Thought this would make a change to politics!!!.

Julie noted

How prescient (and worrying) is that;
'What if one of the guys friends had carried the holdall at some stage and left a traceable quantity of DNA on the bag?'

The police are to DNA test 50+ of Mr Williams work colleagues!  :o
Do you think they read HTH?  ???