First move of a thriving party

Started by Hubris, November 20, 2019, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 23, 2019, 09: PM
Quote from: Hubris on November 23, 2019, 09: PM
Like akarjl2's pertinent observation surely poses.....'you don't get out much!'  (and just because you managed to pick up a discarded ticket off the platform in Greatham station doesn't make you Marco Polo)

Sigh continue down this route and I may have to vote for your Brexit candidate  ;)
He's their best recruiting sergeant. ;D
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 25, 2019, 04: PM

He's their best recruiting sergeant.

The best.
They have risen to a massive  4% in the latest polls!

Lucy Lass-Tick

Speaking thereof ... here's my old pals' Strawhead's version ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhTBCckUMmI

grim reaper

Can we suspend reality for a short while? (although I think that happened on this and other similar threads a long time ago).
Imagine, in the late '50s, if England, Scotland, N. Ireland and Wales came up with a scenario whereby a 'common market' was enacted.
Slowly but surely, other countries bought into the idea. We would all trade our goods to each other, at discounted prices, whilst safeguarding each other from 'outside' traders.
Initially it worked. But then the 'high flyers' of Eng. Scot. Ire. and Wales decided 'rules' were required and introduced them.
All countries must use Pound Sterling. The majority acquiesced but there was one or two awkward sods. Their cards were marked.

Then all were informed they must used pounds & ounces. Once again the majority acquiesced but there were the awkward squad kicked off.
Then, after a number of years we (Eng. Scot. Ire. & Wales 'high flyers') decided the rules had to have some 'bite', therefore a management team of politicians was drawn up and 'rules' became 'lawful edicts'.
Refusal of acceptance of the 'laws' to be met with swingeing fines.

Yes I know, a silly supposition and would never have happened, or be accepted.
So surely, it begs the question, why do WE accept the laws laid down by unelected 'high flyers' in the EU?

They would refuse to kowtow to OUR rules/laws if WE run the EU. They would demand a Ger,Fra,Spa,Ita,Spa,Porexit from us.

Vote tactically, vote Richard Tice and BREXIT for this town.

Let's have Johnson as Premier and get us out of the stinking morass that of the money pit that is the EUSSR.

Never mind the two pseudo intellectuals on here (Uni people are more intelligent, says mk1. Swinson admits to smoking and enjoying canabis at Uni and when she is Prime Minister she will legalise it. She also wants all children  to decide which sex they want to be. Is that the education, or the waccy baccy?).

Labour Hartlepool...vote for something different. You have had 60 years of Labour.

You had your utopia with 13 years of Labour govt. Did anything change for Hartlepool in those 13 years?
Blair, Mandelson, Milliband, Milburn...all on our doorstep in those 13 years and we still ended up a 'ghost town'.  >:(
Come out of the sinking EU, vote Brexit for our town.
To the 2 head bangers; I don't respond to your pathetic diatribe but give me a laugh anyway with your puerile claptrap.  8)

diSme

Quote from: grim reaper on November 26, 2019, 12: PM
Can we suspend reality for a short while? (although I think that happened on this and other similar threads a long time ago).
Imagine, in the late '50s, if England, Scotland, N. Ireland and Wales came up with a scenario whereby a 'common market' was enacted.
Slowly but surely, other countries bought into the idea. We would all trade our goods to each other, at discounted prices, whilst safeguarding each other from 'outside' traders.
Initially it worked. But then the 'high flyers' of Eng. Scot. Ire. and Wales decided 'rules' were required and introduced them.
All countries must use Pound Sterling. The majority acquiesced but there was one or two awkward sods. Their cards were marked.

Then all were informed they must used pounds & ounces. Once again the majority acquiesced but there were the awkward squad kicked off.
Then, after a number of years we (Eng. Scot. Ire. & Wales 'high flyers') decided the rules had to have some 'bite', therefore a management team of politicians was drawn up and 'rules' became 'lawful edicts'.
Refusal of acceptance of the 'laws' to be met with swingeing fines.

Yes I know, a silly supposition and would never have happened, or be accepted.
So surely, it begs the question, why do WE accept the laws laid down by unelected 'high flyers' in the EU?

They would refuse to kowtow to OUR rules/laws if WE run the EU. They would demand a Ger,Fra,Spa,Ita,Spa,Porexit from us.

Vote tactically, vote Richard Tice and BREXIT for this town.

Let's have Johnson as Premier and get us out of the stinking morass that of the money pit that is the EUSSR.

Never mind the two pseudo intellectuals on here (Uni people are more intelligent, says mk1. Swinson admits to smoking and enjoying canabis at Uni and when she is Prime Minister she will legalise it. She also wants all children  to decide which sex they want to be. Is that the education, or the waccy baccy?).

Labour Hartlepool...vote for something different. You have had 60 years of Labour.

You had your utopia with 13 years of Labour govt. Did anything change for Hartlepool in those 13 years?
Blair, Mandelson, Milliband, Milburn...all on our doorstep in those 13 years and we still ended up a 'ghost town'.  >:(
Come out of the sinking EU, vote Brexit for our town.
To the 2 head bangers; I don't respond to your pathetic diatribe but give me a laugh anyway with your puerile claptrap.  8)

Thanks for that. Food for thought, for me at least...
I believe everything and nothing

mk1

So sayeth the dinosaur who harks back to the good old days of pounds and ounces

mk1

Uni people are more intelligent, says mk1.

Much as I would like to take credit for the information it was in fact culled from the Finacial Times. It was a poll of Referendum voters that said:

It also ties in with other research which found age is the biggest single political divide with young people being Reaminers and old people the leavers.

For some reason a lot of people here go absolutely mental when they see this data and they draw conclusions not in the original that say a lot about how they see themselves.

Swinson admits to smoking and enjoying canabis at Uni and when she is Prime Minister she will legalise it.
That is because she does not lie. There is an old joke that explains this issue. Studies have found that only 40% of men admit to onanism and  the other 60% lied

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: mk1 on November 26, 2019, 12: PM

Here in the UK, we still have 'xx miles' on the road signs and NOT km's.  Why is that?  Certain cars also have the speedometer in miles. Just a thought ;)

mk1

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on November 26, 2019, 01: PM
Certain cars also have the speedometer in miles. Just a thought ;)
Indeed they do. Have you got the %  numbers for how many cars produced in the UK have miles  on their dials?

There is nothing wrong with a country using a  medieval measuring system alongside the world wide standard system  its business and scientific institutions prefer. 

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: mk1 on November 26, 2019, 01: PM
Quote from: Johnny Bongo on November 26, 2019, 01: PM
Indeed they do. Have you got the %  numbers for how many cars produced in the UK have miles  on their dials?

There is nothing wrong with a country using a  medieval measuring system alongside the world wide standard system  its business and scientific institutions prefer.

No, I don't have the % numbers and neither do I have the make, model and reg no of them!
Oh and btw, the dinosaurs were prehistoric NOT medieval :)

DRiddle

QuoteShe also wants all children  to decide which sex they want to be.

Really? Does she actually say that in those words? Or have you read that in the Daily Mail too?

Topcat

Re: First move of a thriving party
« Reply #53 on: Today at 01:28 PM »
Quote from: Johnny Bongo on Today at 01:02 PM

Every car I have bought for years has had the speedometer graduated in MPH on the main scale and KPH on the minor scale,however the Odometer has been graduated in miles only. This is true of all vehicles produced to be sold to the UK market whatever country they were manufactured in.

mk1

Quote from: Topcat on November 26, 2019, 03: PM

Every car I have bought for years has had the speedometer graduated in MPH on the main scale and KPH on the minor scale,however the Odometer has been graduated in miles only. This is true of all vehicles produced to be sold to the UK market whatever country they were manufactured in.

"ay, there's the rub" and definitely a small cigar  not The Scottish Play

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on November 26, 2019, 12: PM

Oooh bitter. I think someone's touched a nerve there. ;D :D ;D
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: mk1 on November 26, 2019, 04: PM
Quote from: Topcat on November 26, 2019, 03: PM

"ay, there's the rub" and definitely a small cigar  not The Scottish Play

I didn't know that there was a cigar called Macbeth! ;)