Thursday 6th October

Started by Hartlepudlion, October 05, 2016, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

and just for good measure, he's a comment from a typical Ukipper under the Express article:

". . . only need Chukka, Lammy, Bar-on-ness Lawrence, Warsi, Ali Brown, and for show just to make up the 'indigenous' number Mandelson holding hands with his young Brazilian boy on the front bench with the 'real' leader of the Liebour party D,Abbott and her ex,Jerry,C her little pup(pet),to see the annihilation of the Liebour party come 2020 G/E."

All that is needed for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing. All that is needed for Fascism to succeed is apathy.

Forever Vigilant.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

There are some brilliantly deluded comments from UKIP supporters (presumably nation supporters who don't know much about UKIP Hartlepool).

You'd think they'd just done to the North East what the SNP did to Scotland in the general election.

In the last couple of months UKIP have won 2 local council by-elections nationally (that's including the one in the Headland). Within the same timeframe the Liberal Democrats (remember them?) have won 14.

That's not sour grapes on the part of PHF by the way. It's a little thing called 'perspective'.

P.S Having said all that, it's pretty clear under Akers-Belchers leadership the local Labour Party is an absolute car crash. Get him out Carl. ;-)

Lord Elpus

Quote from DRiddle;

'P.S Having said all that, it's pretty clear under Akers-Belchers leadership the local Labour Party is an absolute car crash. Get him out Carl. ;-) '.

If there is one thing Richardson is well versed in its stabbing local Labour Group Leaders in the back, Hanson, Waller, Hart, Wallace, Payne and even his own father in law Simmons have all experienced the result of Comrade Carl's plotting.

Lets face it the SCAB's have given Carl the bums rush, therefore I can guarantee that Richardson is just waiting for the right moment.  He won't move unless he's certain of being on the winning side.

I bet his secret file is being updated on a daily basis.  I wonder if he went to the wedding? 

DRiddle

I believe there's a picture of him doing the rounds on social media at the wedding. Coincidentally he's pictured with a CROWN above his head...  ;)

I'd say it's no longer a question of 'IF' someone knifes the SCABS politically, it's now more a question of WHEN.

Carl's due for re-election in 2018 in Victoria Ward and to be honest, he only just scraped home in 2014 against my dad. I remember him sweating trying to count the voting slips because he realised it was quite close. A good UKIP candidate (if there is such a thing), could easily take Carls seat in the current climate.

The co-op don't sell carpets or cheap suits anymore and I cant see Carl re-entering the modern world of retail.

Not unless 'Greenwoods' have a bit of a renaissance...

steveL

There's a job going as the new R2D2
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: DRiddle on October 08, 2016, 09: AM
A good UKIP candidate (if there is such a thing), could easily take Carls seat in the current climate.

I think UKIP have a limited window. Once voters realise they do nothing then  only their core vote will stay and that will not win them seats in aproper turn-out. To be honest they have done nothing and it would appear that is how they want it to stay. They sit mute in the chamber whilst others  deal with labour and then have the nerve to try and claim all the credit for any success. I know we laugh at how thick some of the labour lot are but UKIP are far worse in the thickness scale.  UKIP and the ruling labour cliques are the real life  'dumb and dumber'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHXrfajDn9s

steveL

I think what you can say is that UKIP voters are the most likely to vote because they believe they have a cause and in a low turnout they are bound to do well. There were two other factors: Labour going for Trevor Rogan as a candidate was a colossal mistake and the other thing that many people have commented on is just how little publicity The Mail gave the by-election beyond the initial announcement of candidates.

Even so, I still think UKIP would have won this one this time around. Tim Fleming is relatively well-known on the Headland, his wife is behind the bar in The Cos and he's a regular at the Duke of Cleveland and there is the problem of competing with the UKIP name being on the national news - no such thing as bad publicity and all that.

Here's a pic for 'political prostitute' Shane (not a description of mine but I so wish it was) as he goes through his denial phase. That's UKIP's Jonathan Arnott, Hartlepool's wannabe MP after his European expense account dries up. The advert on his BattleBus refers to £50m a day going to the EU (£350m a week) and how we should spend it on the NHS instead.

clav 73

Steve i am not a supporter  but the bus in the background is plainly a vote leave bus. Ukip were leve.EU so just unfortunate pic opportunity for the press than an endorsement

steveL

I think the point was that Arnott was on it. It was a Look North news item when the bus rumbled into Newcastle - it was touring the North East

beanzontoast

D Riddel, let's not mince words, will PHF be still around in 2017_ 18  you were 5 councillors now 2 just bad luck is my guess, is it true both PHF councillors are paid by the public sector, Labour support the Public sector also dislike UKIP. May I remind you of a comment made by yourself on this forum, and I Quote I despise everything UKIP stand for, a possible conflict of interests.

mk1

Quote from: beanzontoast on October 08, 2016, 10: PM
Labour support the Public sector also dislike UKIP.

So can we take it from this UKIP are against the Police, Fire Brigade, Nurses, Doctors, Soldiers, Schoolteachers etc?
The latter obviously a profession most UKIP members have had little contact with.

mk1

Quote from: beanzontoast on October 08, 2016, 10: PM
2017_ 18  you were 5 councillors now 2 just bad luck is my guess,

UKIP were 2 MPs then. How many now?
Also Farage has stood in 7 national  elections and never won  one.
Yes folks that claimed popular Mr Farage has had his ar*se kicked 7 times in Westminster Elections.

mk1

Can Tom answer a Sun reader type question?
In a physical fight between Nigel Farage and Lisa Duffy who would come out on top?

Does Mr Broughtons experience as a wrestler make him favourite  in any future leadership fights?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ1ikPQoimM

DRiddle

Looks like Tom's been on the sherry again. . . Sometime tomorrow he'll comment on the top brass of his party half killing their leader to be in a fist fight (when he reads about it in the mail on Sunday).

PHF have guaranteed representation on the council until 2020 . . . Will UKIP still exist in 2020? Will UKIP still exist in 3 months? Who knows?

Anyway, it's always nice to hear from Tom on the forum.

I look forward to hearing from him in the council chamber.

I've been waiting for around 2 and a half years to gear from him in full council.

beanzontoast

It doe's look many are not listening, 1 I don't drink sherry, 2 UKIP have a manifesto it's a requisite of all political party's, it demonstrates their commitment to the people, a reference if you will. PHF  have no reference if they are part of the public sector in this case. Therefore PHF are hypocrites, UKIP have always been for the NHS, Immigration, and on those points
Read UKIP s manifesto for Clarification, PHF are a joke if you doubt will they have a guest on the panel of question time.