Hartlepools finest chapter 2

Started by mr ben, February 20, 2019, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

The problem is private landlords.Some are good and some are as reckless as their tenants.
Had cause to drive round the street houses in lower Oxford Road and found most had one house boarded up. Devon Street was like a war zone.
The council spent a fortune trying to sort out Baden Street, but these people just move on to relocate their 'lifestyle'.
Trying to organise these people into set locations in set numbers is like trying to herd cats. Once they move in, the other tenants try and get out.  Taking over a Street or number of streets serves their purpose.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mr ben

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on February 21, 2019, 11: PM
Quote from: Owen Jones on February 21, 2019, 10: PM
Someone said move these scutters out but where would you put them?

'Scutters'? May have missed a quote but such a description is not exactly polite. Where do you suggest that such unfortunates should be placed?
i  suggest we move then next door to you .. And we will see how polite you will be  ?.

The Great Dictator

The decay is a result of RIGHT TO BUY, 40 years ago the sh**e of society were dumped in West View, Owton Manor and Seaton Lane.

Now that these estates and other council estates are mainly private the government have allowed private landlords to take the reins.

Decent private estates are being infected along with the house prices and council policy remains resolute as it was when i was there 20 years ago.

I objected at the time about placing a criminal family in a good street, i said it was a bad idea, they said it wasn't and i was right.

Look around the world, every town and city has a GHETTO, i live in one but its a nice ghetto, not all of them are unfortunately.

When i was a Councillor i calculated that over 60% of Labour councillors had exercised RIGHT TO BUY, i think that speaks volumes don't you.

Owen Jones

The word scutters came from Mr Ben not me and I already live next door to them.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: The Great Dictator on February 22, 2019, 09: AM

When i was a Councillor i calculated that over 60% of Labour councillors had exercised RIGHT TO BUY, i think that speaks volumes don't you.
No surprises there then. A case of do as I say, not as I do. Some have principles, and if you don't like them,  they have optional principles.

Disgruntled voter

The slum land lords are accountable for the poor situation around oxford road . They buy a cheap house for nothing and rent it out to DSS claimants for a few pennies . The real residents start moving out and the slum landlords buy up more property which gets rented to more zombie drug taking oxygen thieves. And the cycle continues . Other areas of the town are also deprived but they don't have the same issue with the walking dead cast pacing up the road looking for drugs, smashing windows and fighting . For some reason the oxford road area is a mecca for drug addicts and head-the-balls . We need to break the cycle and take control of the slum landlord situation .

Inspector Knacker

What I find puzzling about the slum landlords, is surely any profit must be minimal when you see the state of the properties that must need constant repairs.
I suspect the only solution for that area will be full or partial demolition of the area.
Sadly, another area will then be written off. The drawback being just how do you sort out the real cause of the problem, the 'tenants'?

mk1

It appears claimants were asked by Job Centre Staff if they were willing to take part in this show. A good number of people were interviewed and sounded-out  but it appears they had a  very specific 'type' they wanted to feature. I wonder if the Job Centre got a commission for helping find participants?

Inspector Knacker

Since when did they become central casting?

fred c

Quote from: mk1 on February 22, 2019, 07: PM
It appears claimants were asked by Job Centre Staff if they were willing to take part in this show. A good number of people were interviewed and sounded-out  but it appears they had a  very specific 'type' they wanted to feature. I wonder if the Job Centre got a commission for helping find participants?

If this is correct (mk1) usually is, this presents an opportunity for the Dynamic Duo aka Ms Alexander and Livid Cwissy to seek a meeting with the manager of the Job Centre to put there visionary concepts forward to him and seek his cooperation.

jeffh

Quote from: fred c on February 23, 2019, 07: AM
Quote from: mk1 on February 22, 2019, 07: PM

If this is correct (mk1) usually is, this presents an opportunity for the Dynamic Duo aka Ms Alexander and Livid Cwissy to seek a meeting with the manager of the Job Centre to put there visionary concepts forward to him and seek his cooperation.
Hope the Job Centre Manager has plenty of paper and crayons

Inspector Knacker

They'll only need tracing paper, they only re-do other people's old projects.