Healthwatch Hartlepool

Started by Truthache, August 01, 2018, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truthache

Interesting to see the Facebook thread asking about Healthwatch Hartlepool.  I have always found Hartlepool Healthwatch to be fairly anonymous with most people unaware of their existence, or indeed what they do.
They do publish annual reports which are accessible here
http://www.healthwatchhartlepool.co.uk/annual-report-201314#.W2FdGxrTWhA

The manager's comments seem to be a cut and paste exercise each year with the same wording time and time again.  The phrase "money for old rope" springs to mind.
Any thoughts? 

Topcat

I understand that this is another organisation that is funded by Hartlepool council tax payers and run by a councillor. I could be wrong but I did hear that the "manager" was paid £45000/year for a part time position while the real work is carried out by volunteers who are of course unpaid. Nice work to have as long as you have the right connections

brassed off monkey

Quote from: Truthache on August 01, 2018, 08: AM
Interesting to see the Facebook thread asking about Healthwatch Hartlepool.  I have always found Hartlepool Healthwatch to be fairly anonymous with most people unaware of their existence, or indeed what they do.
They do publish annual reports which are accessible here
http://www.healthwatchhartlepool.co.uk/annual-report-201314#.W2FdGxrTWhA

The manager's comments seem to be a cut and paste exercise each year with the same wording time and time again.  The phrase "money for old rope" springs to mind.
Any thoughts?

I have asked this question in 3 different doctors surgeries......

Do you know what Healthwatch Hartlepool does ?

The answer from those I asked was No, they had never heard of it.

kevplumb

Quote from: !brassed off monkey"Do you know what Healthwatch Hartlepool does ?

that's easy to answer  s*d all and watch the public money roll in

its a gravy train of the highest order  >:(
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Inspector Knacker

Going by the rather obvious title, shouldn't the person at the top be a qualified medical practitioner at the very least.
What qualifications are required for the post and what medical experience necessary to perform ther role ?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

jeffh

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on August 01, 2018, 10: AM
Going by the rather obvious title, shouldn't the person at the top be a qualified medical practitioner at the very least.
What qualifications are required for the post and what medical experience necessary to perform ther role ?
..errrrr Benefits Clerk?

crisstw

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on August 01, 2018, 10: AM

In the real world that would be the norm, not in Hartlepool though.

Norfolkinchance

Benefits Clerk, with specific knowledge and experience in; embezzlement, narcissism, corruption, delusions of grandeur, ridiculous attire and poor eyesight!

brassed off monkey

The term "Jumped up Benefits Clerk" was used by a former LabMob councillor to describe Hartlepool's very own Visionary.

kevplumb

Quote from: brassed off monkey on August 01, 2018, 11: AM
The term "Jumped up Benefits Clerk" was used by a former LabMob councillor to describe Hartlepool's very own Visionary.

he was right  ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Inspector Knacker

A bit like being the Harbourmaster in Wolviston.

Truthache

A link to the Stockton Healthwatch annual report for comparison
https://drive.google.com/open?id=138uk9NTWFaE-3HgumusycNHDOdUGzhnB

In contrast to Hartlepool Healthwatch, I have encountered the Stockton Healthwatch at a number of NHS Trust events at North Tees Hospital.  They seem to have a more visible presence than the Hartlepool Healthwatch.  Others may know differently.

Inspector Knacker

I see what you mean, they actually look like they know what they're doing.
Is it true our lot have less open day events than the K.G.B.?