Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water ! By Bill Norman

Started by admin, August 01, 2018, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

There's an iconic scene in the movie, "Jaws", where Roy Scheider finds himself staring down the throat of a shark, whose sole aim in life is to turn him into fish poop.

Roy's reaction must be somewhat akin to how some of our Labour leaders are feeling this morning. However, instead of getting a bigger boat, the Hartlepool Labour row boat is falling apart at an alarming rate, as resignations and de-selections are devouring their base faster than you can say skipjack tuna.

The latest plank to spring a leak is the Rift House Project headed by Stephen Akers Belcher. The circling sharks smell blood in the water and are whipping themselves  into a feeding frenzy -  Is it a charity ?   Where are the accounts ?  Why did Beck donate a large chunk of cash ?

If the visual image wasn't so unappealing I'd recommend that Stephen put on a pair of trunks and try to swim away from the sinking boat, however, I don't think even Mark Spitz could haul through water that fast.

Jaws ends (spoiler alert) when a lucky shot from Roy detonates an oxygen cylinder in the mouth of Jaws. I'm sure that the Cabal must be hoping for just such a lucky shot to drive the sharks away, but I doubt that their aim will be that good.

Labour could be shovelling a lot of fish poop in the coming weeks.

mk1

Inspector Knacker

What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

DRiddle

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

crisstw

Lucy Lass-Tick

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!

kevplumb

mk1

Julie Clayton has removed her 'like' of Kev's post calling Beck a liar and Barclay a drunk.

brassed off monkey

I can only shake my head at some of the s**t this woman has liked and I don't mean Kev Plumbs.