Brenda Road roadworks.

Started by Inspector Knacker, February 04, 2018, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Driving towards Seaton Lane nod noticed the slip roads on the road next to the Car Dealership and opposite are being removed. As far as I can see there was nothng wrong with the road and wonder if anyone can shed any light on what appears a pointless exercise when potholes are appearing everywhere.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

jawsbbc

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on February 04, 2018, 06: PM
Driving towards Seaton Lane nod noticed the slip roads on the road next to the Car Dealership and opposite are being removed. As far as I can see there was nothng wrong with the road and wonder if anyone can shed any light on what appears a pointless exercise when potholes are appearing everywhere.
i heard they are squaring the corners off and narrowing the road work that one out ??

Inspector Knacker

Drove past today and it's happening on both sides.  Surely it'll make manoeuvring a bit more difficult?

Johnny Bongo

They're (probably) spending wasting as much as they can before the New Tax year, so they can claim poverty!

jeffh

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on February 06, 2018, 08: AM
They're (probably) spending wasting as much as they can before the New Tax year, so they can claim poverty!
Yesterday morning opposite the Staincliffe there were 3 men with a Transit Truck fitting a small plaque to a seat - surely a man in a van would have sufficed

fred c

Awwwwww come on jeffh...... 1 to hold the screw driver and 2 to turn the bench  ::)

jawsbbc

Quote from: jeffh on February 06, 2018, 09: AM
Quote from: Johnny Bongo on February 06, 2018, 08: AM

my thoughts exactly
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on February 05, 2018, 08: PM
Drove past today and it's happening on both sides.  Surely it'll make manoeuvring a bit more difficult?
thousands use that road on a daily basis including  hgvs   the same road  gets brought to a standstill at around 8am and 4pm   both ways ,
so narrowing it  does not make sense

mala

This area of Brenda Road was originally 50mph meaning slips were needed to assist slowing down as Estates adjoining were only 30mph. So this was probably a leftover job from when it was reduced to 40mph and something to use up any spare cash in the system so they don't face a reduction next year

Inspector Knacker

I can't see the 10 mph reduction affecting the road one jot and make manouvering more difficult for larger vehicles. A waste of money to me, a pointless exercise.

kevplumb

probaly need the land to build houses on
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment