Seaton Advice

Started by Ridgewick of Manor, July 10, 2017, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridgewick of Manor

If someone had an idea and the financial means to back it up that might bring some inward investment to Seaton. Who would be the best person at HBC to speak to?

Been told I should be really careful who I share with.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Ridgewick of Manor on July 10, 2017, 03: PM
If someone had an idea and the financial means to back it up that might bring some inward investment to Seaton. Who would be the best person at HBC to speak to?

Been told I should be really careful who I share with.
Why would you need to speak to someone at HBC?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Ridgewick of Manor

Mainly to sound someone out who's got a good overall grasp of the planning direction or vision for Seaton.

Also need to understand if anyone has looked at doing something like this before and whether there are any hidden restrictions etc

Also think it would be good to get a councillor to look at it and try and get their backing support. Sort of thing that could bring other businesses and investors in with it and if there are others out there who this might fit, then HBC/councillor might know of these people.

Also interested in finding out if there are grants etc available.

Am cautious because I know from reading here and in other places that some councillor have fingers all over the planning pie.

steveL

Quote from: Ridgewick of Manor on July 10, 2017, 07: PM
Mainly to sound someone out who's got a good overall grasp of the planning direction or vision for Seaton.

Also need to understand if anyone has looked at doing something like this before and whether there are any hidden restrictions etc

Also think it would be good to get a councillor to look at it and try and get their backing support. Sort of thing that could bring other businesses and investors in with it and if there are others out there who this might fit, then HBC/councillor might know of these people.

Also interested in finding out if there are grants etc available.

Am cautious because I know from reading here and in other places that some councillor have fingers all over the planning pie.

Economic Development is the right place to contact. Just phone the Civic and they'll put you through
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Ridgewick of Manor

Darknessontheedgeoftown

Brian Morton of the Domes and Staincliffe. Plenty of business in Seaton. In fact 532 at these two premises alone.   :)  :)

Ridgewick of Manor

Quote from: Darknessontheedgeoftown on July 10, 2017, 08: PM
Brian Morton of the Domes and Staincliffe. Plenty of business in Seaton. In fact 532 at these two premises alone.   :)  :)

Let's not go there haha.

testing times

Tread carefully. I believe Cranney Chairs the Regeneration committee

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: testing times on July 11, 2017, 04: PM
Tread carefully. I believe Cranney Chairs the Regeneration committee

Some organisations have had more regenerations than Dr Who.