cab blaming the government for the tragic fire

Started by jawsbbc, June 16, 2017, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hubris

Quote from: mk1 on June 16, 2017, 08: PM

in London the 'poor' are warehoused in cheap Tower Blocks 

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/jul/25/poor-doors-segregation-london-flats
Do you mean cheap to build, or cheap to live in?
(£1800 p/m for a 2 bedroom flat. Not cheap in my book)
It's just as well that 95% of the residents in Grenfell don't have to pay. Same as the residents of thousands of other similar buildings that are 100% paid for by us tax-payers (for the 'lefties' read that as - 'magic money tree)
As for the 'poor', I think you are referring to a tiny minority of the estimated (because NO-ONE HAS A REAL CLUE!!) at least 1.5 Million economic migrants that Labours open-door policy, exacerbated by EU's porous borders disgrace has let into this country just since 2006.
As for the tragedy, and let's face it, a tragedy of incredible and mind-blowing proportions, but let's take an imaginary journey and work backwards through the possible findings of the enquiry that will inevitably come.
- safety was compromised. People died. That's wrong and heads must roll. Good.
- construction materials used were not fit for purpose. Profit before principles. No excuse.
- no sprinklers, not enough alarms/escape routes. Stupid.
- the fire spread
- cladding caught fire
- the flat where it started on the 4th floor had windows and doors left open
- the occupant packed some clothes and banged on next door to warn them
- someone else raised the alarm.
- his fridge had exploded (?!?) and a small fire had started
- fundamental cause of fire .....? Let's see.

My point on all this?      - I DESPAIR!!!!!
People have died.
We are living in times that are desperate.
Riots in the streets more akin to Aleppo than Kensington.
The Tories ultimately support big business and capatilism. The rich get richer, and sod the plebs. Corbynism would lead the country to penuary and, like Greece, we would quickly become beggars supine at the feet of the IMF. No other viable political alternative is there as an option right now. Any vote cast these days is all about who you feel is the least worst.

And meanwhile, here in good ol'H/pool, we focus on:-
- some plans to hold a wannabe soirée in some shitty cafe in Rifty,
- how do certain councillors maintain their luxurious lifestyles in the absence of ANY visible means of support,
- which streets avoid parking charges,
- how charitable status seems to result in 'snouts in trough' time,
- mayors who squirm out of responsibility for letting convicted crooks (little pixie AW) get away things due to total lack of scrutiny and morals
- proven liars clinging desperately onto office
- serial bankrupts/dis-barred directors getting continued opportunities to strut their stuff
- officials who think Nolan is just an washed-up Irish girl-band,
- massive unpaid taxes from favoured 'entrepreneurs'

Etc etc etc......ALL of these local issues, and many more, are truly valid concerns that are worthy of maintainance of scrutiny and pressure. Keep seeking solutions that are built on effectiveness and integrity, but, put all that against 100 plus souls dying in torture and desparation!! As I said, vs the bigger picture......I despair!
(PS. If Lilly Allen ever ventures up to H/pool, can I be given the honour to be the first to slap her smug hypocritical chops)

mk1

Quote from: Hubris on June 17, 2017, 12: AM

Do you mean cheap to build, or cheap to live in?
(£1800 p/m for a 2 bedroom flat. Not cheap in my book)
It's just as well that 95% of the residents in Grenfell don't have to pay. Same as the residents of thousands of other similar buildings that are 100% paid for by us tax-payers (for the 'lefties' read that as - 'magic money tree)
As for the 'poor', I think you are referring to a tiny minority of the estimated (because NO-ONE HAS A REAL CLUE!!) at least 1.5 Million economic migrants that Labours open-door policy, exacerbated by EU's porous borders disgrace has let into this country just since 2006................................

Deranged lunatic babble. Crazy-speak that belongs on  Stormfront. A mean minded inward looking little englander wank-fest. You are one sick puppy.

Quote from: Hubris on June 17, 2017, 12: AM(PS. If Lilly Allen ever ventures up to H/pool, can I be given the honour to be the first to slap her smug hypocritical chops)

Come come my apoplectic friend. You can do better than that. Why not do the same as your like-minded friend Thomas Mair did to Jo Cox. Inciting or threatening violence is a favourite ploy of the numb-nuts brain-dead right wing fruitcake. See here your fellow travellers in all their g(l)ory.

Inger land..........Inger land.............Inger land.................

Hubris

Me! Apoplectic!
My laptop doesn't do font size as big as yours. You win.

Hubris

Quote from: mk1 on June 17, 2017, 01: AM
Quote from: Hubris on June 17, 2017, 12: AM
Come come my apoplectic friend.  See here your fellow travellers in all their g(l)ory.

Inger land..........Inger land.............Inger land.................
Don't know (and frankly don't care) whatever your reference to stormlands is about (?!?!)
And I'm not particularly 'right-wing' and I'd never even met Jo Cox and actually resent your ludicrous connection
But I am, like many, just a reasonable person who is concerned about the direction our country is heading towards.
I realise you have a degree of detatchment from reality, stemming from your lack of exposure to the big world outside the village, but using such a photo taken outside the Bull and Dog is a bit much.
You really should get out more.

Gree a tham.........Gree a tham.......Gree a tham......

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment