Extraordinary Council Meeting - Elected Mayor for Combined Authority

Started by admin, October 27, 2016, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

This Pick n Mix attitude is unacceptable . So it's ok to engineer a referendum to get rid of an elected mayor but oddly not ok to hold a refendum to elect a mayor ?
Being both generous  and gormless we could call it merely contradictory, or, think it an opportunistic  approach without consistency.
Why the U turn on a mayoral referendum ? I have my opinion, but would just like to see the reasoning from these people.
I do not expect an explanation because I doubt a credible explanation is possible.
But the question has to be asked and sometimes a silence tells you all you need to know.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

Thats it then, done & dusted, the timing of this meeting.....ie  the day before they actually have to drop Hartlepools pants prior to the insertion of the TeesValley member, is I am sure, to show the plebs exactly who are the most VIPeople in Hartlepool.

Inspector Knacker

If our glorious leaders ( I use the term in its loosest sense) were the crew of a plane you were flying on you wouldn't board it.
It seems there's a remarkable amount of 'flexibility'  when it comes to interpreting things.

testing times

Just as a matter of interest. I read the agenda/report for this meeting and noticed that the report makes mention of 40,000 leaflets being distributed to households about this whole matter. I for one have not received any such leaflet and I wondered if anyone else had?

This is what the report actually says:

"Tees Valley Combined Authority ran a statutory consultation on the proposals for how the Mayoral Combined Authority would work. The 4. 6 consultation was open for six weeks from 11 July until 22 August, 2016 and 1160 people and organisations responded. 6.2 In Hartlepool, the Council leafleted 40,000 households to draw residents attention to the consultation. As a consequence Hartlepool had the highest resident response rate. "

steveL

A response if 1120 from 40,000 leaflets equates to a response rate of 2.9%. This is even worse than it looks because most households would have consisted of more than one person.

Add into that the news that the 2.9% was the highest response rate of all 5 authorities and it's easy to see that none of these 'consultations' produce any sort of public mandate or legitimacy for what is being forced onto us .......... and no, I didn't receive any such leaflet either.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

Looks as though this meeting will break all records for the quickest meeting ever...... oh how I wish I could get a ticket in Cooke's "Joke Lottery".

On a serious note, it has been obvious since Cwissy the Clown & his make up artist opo's ditched the Mayor, they have been slowly but surely diluting the democratic processes for Hartlepool residents, it has got to the stage that any opposition on any decision proposed by the Clowncil is futile.

What Hartlepool needs now, more than ever is a  a consolidated oposition who are prepared to  front up to the ruling groups dominance, along with a number of 'vocal independents' we now have in opposition 6 councillors who are members of a 'National Party', let's hope they use any & every facility their party can bring to bear on exposing what is going on in Hartlepool.

I live in hope rather in expectation ?

Inspector Knacker

Just how were we 'consulted'? This is becoming one of the most abused words in the armoury of suits.
They tell you what they're going to do and then do it!
Oh, they dress it up and invite comments, nothing mildly meaningful emerges  and the bulldozer of arrogance clanks on.
This is what's killing local democracy. Council chambers, thanks to party politics, full of mute droids who serve no purpose whilst a clique lead.

mk1

Quote from: fred c on November 18, 2016, 01: PM
we now have in opposition 6 councillors who are members of a 'National Party', let's hope they use any & every facility their party can bring to bear on exposing what is going on in Hartlepool.

I live in hope rather in expectation ?

The local UKIP are under strict instructions to keep their heads down and do nothing at all because it is feared they will do what all local UKIP branches do when they get office-fight and squabble among themselves and  split into factions. The number 1 priority for UKIP is to get the Harlepool seat in a General Election and nothing, absolutely nothing, is going to get in the way of that target. As such UKIP will talk the talk but not walk the walk. They will try and grab all the credit for what the Independents achieve whilst sitting mute and doing nothing because they want to be all things to all men. They know some of their councillors are borderline morons and the last thing they want is to let the public see how dumb they are. Hartlepool means nothing to UKIP and you can see this in the influx of out of area full time UKIP officials popping up as councillors.  Carpettbaggers who think only of how it will improve their careers and bugger the oiks in Hartlepool.

fred c

If they think that, they are in for a rude awakening, it really is time to 'Put up or Shut Up' there are enough users of this forum & the mails comment boards ( getting fewer & fewer posters) to make known any false claims, sucking up to Cwissy the Clown, c**k ups, bollox dropped etc etc etc.

Inspector Knacker

The odd thing about this is they join something, dismissing objections with a wave of the hand and then look like toddlers turning up to the paddling pool to find they're expected to perform in the deep end.
I suspect they're out of their depth and returned to their own neck of the woods. Sadly, their neck of the woods is not their neck of the woods any longer.

Hartlepudlion

If you haven't already done so have a look at this

teesvalley-ca.gov.uk

Also advertisements looking for high-flyers to join them!

Steely Dan

This comment  MK1 is exactly the problem with this web site and forum "They know some of their councillors are borderline morons and the last thing they want is to let the public see how dumb they are"

Now. I have no doubt that some of UKIPs councillors are borderline morons. Indeed, I'd say it's a prerequisite of being a member of that party. I've only met one of the UKIP councillors and I reckon he's not even borderline. I detest everything UKIP stand for but I'd say that about the Tories as well.

But what about the other political brains trust members who carry the councillor tag? I'm sure there are several Labour who are also borderline m**r*n. Certainly the most moronic of the current crop I've met is a Tory. Ray Wells. Arrogant, stupid and obviously only in it for his own personal advancement. So, it cuts across all political parties I'm afraid. Many years ago I had the misfortune to meet another Tory Councillor at a school event I was involved with. He (Mr Close) was so hard of thinking that he could barely string a sentence together. Then There's Stephen Akers-Belcher whose academic levels from his school days would suggest he'd be more at home sweeping the town streets than helping to run it.

The current crop of councillors and council officers is embarrassing. The town will always be Labour so the solution I believe is to change the local Labour Party. That will take time but surely there must be some good people out there?

The Great Dictator

Maybe you should join the council and you could save the day, you spend so much time on here blowing smoke up your own ars* that you are beginning to bore everybody.

You don't like anybody or have a nice word to say about anyone, i imagine you have no friends, no confidence, no self esteem and a rather small p*nis.

I have met Mr.Belcher, Wells and others and find they are well versed in politics and business but not my cup of tea, why not put up or shut up you nasty bigot.

akarjl

Quote from: groovy wordbender on November 25, 2016, 01: AM
I have met Mr.Belcher, Wells and others and find they are well versed in politics and business

Lol really? As in let's waste millions get charged by someone for pull down a building and let them then sell it on eBay?

Build a limited number of badly needed granny homes then give the first one to your mother?

Pretend your going to a family funeral but actually attend a free p**s up in Portsmouth?

Yep we know they are well versed in business, except none of them have run a successful business, well other than a one involved in milking?

Best you scamper back to your masters at the clowncil, time for a pat on the head and a Boneo nobody belive you here.