Extraordinary Council Meeting - Elected Mayor for Combined Authority

Started by admin, October 27, 2016, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Surely if the entire town didn't vote for an elected TVA mayor it would still make no difference ?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

Hartlepudlians are usually on a very slow burning fuse, but we witnessed how they react when they are pushed too far, they turned out in large numbers at the Town Hall hospital meeting.

What needs to happen now, is for Hartlepudlians to email the CEO, the Borough Solicitor & The Leader of the Council, requesting they, because of the huge public interest & the importance of the meeting use a larger venue, ie. The Town Hall or the College of FE.

It really is important they get correspondence on that..... yes, they already know it will be well attended, but they will resist in using a larger venue because they know how residents feel on this matter.

gill.alexander@hartlepool.gov.uk

Peter.Devlin@hartlepool.gov.uk

christopher.akers-belcher@hartlepool.gov.uk

akarjl

Quote from: fred c on November 02, 2016, 09: AM
Hartlepudlians are usually on a very slow burning fuse, but we witnessed how they react when they are pushed too far, they turned out in large numbers at the Town Hall hospital meeting.

What needs to happen now, is for Hartlepudlians to email the CEO, the Borough Solicitor & The Leader of the Council, requesting they, because of the huge public interest & the importance of the meeting use a larger venue, ie. The Town Hall or the College of FE.

It really is important they get correspondence on that..... yes, they already know it will be well attended, but they will resist in using a larger venue because they know how residents feel on this matter.

gill.alexander@hartlepool.gov.uk

Peter.Devlin@hartlepool.gov.uk

christopher.akers-belcher@hartlepool.gov.uk

Done- If as many as possible do it,  if it achieves nothing else, it will melt their inbox..... hopefully they will take note or at least result in them spending hours cleaning out their inbox.

fred c

It only takes 5 minutes or so, almost as long as it takes them to read it, incidently I had a very prompt reply from Peter Devlin to my email, although i did cc it to the CEO & The Dear Leader, I don't expect a return email from either

It would be a nice thought that they get 40 or 50 emails on the subject, wether or not CAB, the CEO or Cook take any notice, is a different matter, but if they deny the residents of the town a democratic meeting on the most important political decision for years, they will be open to all sorts of accusations about mis-management of any amalgamation.

akarjl

Quote from: fred c on November 02, 2016, 03: PM
It only takes 5 minutes or so, almost as long as it takes them to read it, incidently I had a very prompt reply from Peter Devlin to my email, although i did cc it to the CEO & The Dear Leader, I don't expect a return email from either

It would be a nice thought that they get 40 or 50 emails on the subject, wether or not CAB, the CEO or Cook take any notice, is a different matter, but if they deny the residents of the town a democratic meeting on the most important political decision for years, they will be open to all sorts of accusations about mis-management of any amalgamation.

Yep I got a civil response from Peter Devlin-, I'm not expecting anything from the Dancing Queen or others......

The more who email the better.

fred c

When Ray Wells says " a referendum wouldn't give the right answer"

Surely that depends on the question & who is asking it, for instance would it be good for Hartlepool, on the evidence so far, Definitely No, would it be good for a small number of the ruling group, Definitely Yes.

How on earth can this LabTor coalition take the decision to drag the town kicking & screaming into Tees Valley, what experience have any of them got in dealing with multi million pound business decisions.(Using their own money)

A potted history of a selection of local LabTor councillors employment histories is an idicator of the calibre of the people who are prepared to take the biggest decision in local politics for the last 20 years or so, without allowing the residents of Hartlepool a voice.

An ex-carpet salesman.
An ex-shop assistant.
An ex-benifits clerk.
An ex-shop steward.
An ex-insurance salesman.
An ex-fish n chip fryer.
An unemployable ex-care manager
An ex-care managers Mom
An ex- mulitiple failed business man.

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on November 03, 2016, 03: PM
When Ray Wells says " a referendum wouldn't give the right answer"

What is the right answer ? Are we seriously to believe that the people of the town are incapable of arriving at a decision and need to be 'guided' by these people.
The only time people get referendums is when the politicians are smugly confident the plebs are going to vote for their 'vision'. Any tiny doubts and they assume control freak mode and adopt the we know best mode.
Then you look at the calibration of politician and shake your head.
There will be beneficiaries from this shotgun marriage, but we in Hartlepool won't even get an invite to the reception and nowhere near a piece of the cake.

fred c

The more I think about this 'Extraordinary Meeting' the more I believe it will be a whitewash, limiting motions & debating time was brought in by the LabTor Mob for these kind of situations & the public will have no input because public questions are at the back end of the agenda.
Any vocal protest by members of the public will be labled mischief making & there will be the threat of removing 'Offenders' or to adjourn the meeting, then to re-convene it with the public excluded.

Hartlepool really does deserve better.

akarjl

Just had a response saying meeting will be held as normal

Not a surprise really....best approach would be for as many as possible turn up and the place is rammed full.........must be why they are considering the "Cranney Spit screens"?

To protect us?

fred c

I got the same email, Ms Alexander doesn't deem it necessary to move the 'Most Important' council meeting for 20 years or so, to a venue that will allow the maximum number of residents as possible to attend.

No surprise there then  ;) ;) ;)

Inspector Knacker

Just a thought, but aren't our new masters south of the river going to have a say in planning

akarjl

Quote from: Riddler5 on November 07, 2016, 12: PM
Just a thought, but aren't our new masters south of the river going to have a say in planning

Good point I am surprised the meeting is not being held in the Boro....then we could all get the bus together.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: akarjl on November 08, 2016, 08: AM
Quote from: Riddler5 on November 07, 2016, 12: PM

Good point I am surprised the meeting is not being held in the Boro....then we could all get the bus together.
Which begs the question, how will it affect the status and powers of those presently on for example the planning committee  if our Parmo munching masters have a say in planning too ?

fred c

Just a thought on this coming debate, if C Akers Belcher is an officer / director / official of the Tees Valley organisation, should he actually be allowed to take part in the debate, is so, he has an "Interest" normal council protocol usually means that anyone with a connection with the debate, should declare an Interest in the debate, leave the chamber & not be allowed a vote on any motion brought forward on that debate.

akarjl

Hopefully someone will challenge him when he starts gibbering, better be wearing an ABC suit when Crannibal starts spraying.