Local Elections

Started by Hubris, January 30, 2016, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

not4me

All this talk of Oldham but apart from bleating publicly to the press and TV about postal votes being rigged what did UKIP actually do about it? Nothing. UKIP were so certain about they thought it best not to go as far as making an official complaint.

mk1

Quote from: kipperdip on February 05, 2016, 10: AM

If I can just remind everyone that it is UKIP's clearly stated policy to revert the PV system to it's original purpose, namely, for use only by those who are physically incapable of attending a polling station on polling day.  These would be those with mobility or other valid health reasons, members of the armed services overseas, those who can prove they would be out of the country (or place of residence) on polling day and other approved valid reasons.

This  sounds like the current raft of  Republican laws (in the USA) to introduce 'Voter Registration' rules that are just thinly disguised ways to remove black & poor  people from voting rolls because they always vote for the 'wrong' party.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/29/magazine/voting-rights-act-dream-undone.html

It involves a largely Republican countermovement of ideologues and partisan operatives who, from the moment the Voting Rights Act became law, methodically set out to undercut or dismantle its most important requirements.

Lord Elpus

Quote Kipperdip;  'We must be doing something right'.

Not within Hartlepool Council Chamber or Committee meetings your not, I've never seem two Councillors so out of their depth at every level as Hartlepool two UKIP Councillors.

fred c

KD, I have no  axe to grind about any of the political parties, my sole interest is in local politics/policies & how they affect Hartlepool.

By general concensus Hartlepool would benefit if, a number of councillors lose their seats this coming May, also by common concensus people think that the only prospect of that happening is if, "All Likely Opposition Candidates / Parties" are prepared to make concessions & plan a concerted attack on those councillors who are up for re-election.

Mays elections are about Hartlepool & how best it can move forward, for once National policies should, if we are serious about getting shot of the self servers, be put aside, by doing so, we could start the process of putting the Pride back into Hartlepool.

steveL

KD

Are UKIP fielding candidates in every ward in May?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

QuoteAs for the Oldham bye-election accusations of PV 'irregularities'- there have been no further comments from UKIP as there is an investigation under way by the Electoral Commission and the Police.  In case you can't understand the principle of due process of law we will make no further comment until there is an outcome to these investigations - have you got it now, or should I go through it one more time?

Bollocks. If you are trying to hide behind the 'sub judice' rule be aware that starts when 'an arrest, oral charge, issue of a warrant, or a summons' is active'    Until then you, I or the kitchen sink can opine until the cows come home.

On the other matter stop being a coward and answer a straight question for once in your life
Are UKIP going to stand in all 11 Wards in May?

mk1

Quote from: Lord Elpus on February 05, 2016, 06: PM
Quote Kipperdip; 

I've never seem two Councillors so out of their depth at every level as Hartlepool two UKIP Councillors.

I was genuinely shocked when those two  prize cabbages started posting here. They could barely spell, their grammar was atrocious and  there never seemed to be a point or a rational ending to any of their  sentences. I would be appalled if my 10 year old granddaughter was that far behind at school. If this is the pick of the crop who on earth is going to sign the nomination papers for the next wave of simpletons?

mk1

Quote from: kipperdip on February 05, 2016, 05: PM
Just precisely what have revelations of suspected electoral fraud in the UK got to do with the Republican Party in the USA?  Only the twisted thought processes of the likes of MK1 or N4M can answer this?

UKIP are the British equal of the T Party. Brain-dead morons who hate all dark skinned people and are forever trying to dream up ways of denying opponents a vote. You fool no one with your whining about not getting elected. Your policies are repugnant to the majority of voters and that is why you are unable to get a seat in The Commons. It is not 'Postal fraud'  that keeps you in the wilderness but the common sense of the vast majority of the electorate.

steveL

I'm pretty convinced that electoral fraud in the UK is widespread, particularly with postal votes and particularly within the Labour ranks. I'm also convinced that in Hartlepool it's become a matter of routine.

There's plenty within Labour who would consider it terrible and totally unacceptable but there's also a hard core who believe they are entitled to govern and that postal votes are fair game. You only have to look at the other ways that they have tried to clamp down on dissent to see how this is possible and even if they had read the rules on postal votes, which I very much doubt, they would brush them aside in the same way they have brushed other things aside. (Just watch Thompson trying to debate a question from one of his own constituents in his own ward).

So would I believe it if someone told me that Paul Beck was in Hartfields on the day the postal votes were delivered, that he asked 'if anyone needed any help filling them in' or offered 'to take them to the post box'? Absolutely.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

No point raising the issue with HBC, but if there is even a glimmer of suspicion/evidence regarding postal votes, the police should be informed, they would have to investigate the matter.

Land Phil

Anybody on here thinking of standing ?